User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

Default Not entirely sure what my type is...

I'm not entirely sure what type I am...The first time I took the test I got infj, but I've taken it a couple more times and got infp...But I'm not so sure that I should even be introverted...

I am not entirely sure what to post to help out, if someone could tell me something that I could post that would be helpful I would post it...

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Gain self-awareness.

By doing so, you will take the test and either agree/relate to your type, or find that whichever "type" you are doesn't really define or resonate with you.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Tests are great for giving you a general idea of your type, but once you've narrowed down the possibilities, you'll probably need to do some reading to get a firm handle on your type. Do descriptions of INFJ or INFP resonate with you? How about ENFJ/ENFP?

I think extraversion/introversion can be very difficult for others to assess but is usually apparent to oneself. The fundamental question is whether social contact energizes or drains you. An introvert can be friendly, socially adept, popular, and desirous of regular social activity, but s/he needs time alone after extended social contact to "recharge", or else feels stressed and worn down. Hanging out with others can be fun, but it's not relaxing -- it requires expenditure of energy for an introvert.

This is an oversimplification, but J/P is often understood as a preference for planned vs. unplanned activities. J tends to like schedules and P usually prefers to keep things flexible. You could also look into the cognitive functions: xNFJs prominently use introverted intuition and extraverted feeling, while xNFPs predominantly rely on extraverted intuition and introverted feeling.
    i just want to be a sweetheart

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    Tests are great for giving you a general idea of your type, but once you've narrowed down the possibilities, you'll probably need to do some reading to get a firm handle on your type. Do descriptions of INFJ or INFP resonate with you? How about ENFJ/ENFP?

I think extraversion/introversion can be very difficult for others to assess but is usually apparent to oneself. The fundamental question is whether social contact energizes or drains you. An introvert can be friendly, socially adept, popular, and desirous of regular social activity, but s/he needs time alone after extended social contact to "recharge", or else feels stressed and worn down. Hanging out with others can be fun, but it's not relaxing -- it requires expenditure of energy for an introvert.

This is an oversimplification, but J/P is often understood as a preference for planned vs. unplanned activities. J tends to like schedules and P usually prefers to keep things flexible. You could also look into the cognitive functions: xNFJs prominently use introverted intuition and extraverted feeling, while xNFPs predominantly rely on extraverted intuition and introverted feeling.
    Thanks, I've been reading up, and I think that I'm pretty sure I am an infp...

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Ironically, it's also pretty common for INFP's to have trouble finding their type at first.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Ironically, it's also pretty common for INFP's to have trouble finding their type at first.
    Yeah, that's because superficially INFP looks like a 'bad' choice, but dig into the details enough and you realize how awesome it is to be one of us
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ISFJ

For I vs E...I tend to ask myself when I tend to feel happiest, and it's usually around other peoples being stupid.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    For I vs E...I tend to ask myself when I tend to feel happiest, and it's usually around other peoples being stupid.
    You must be happy a lot, then!

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    You must be happy a lot, then!
    Not as much as I would like. Most people don't even know I'm stupid! It's mostly you guys

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

I dunno, I'm not exactly quiet, and tend to stand up for what I believe, but generally only when someone is questioning it...I don't go looking to voice what I have to say, but I will say it if the situation calls for it...
    I like being around people, but after awhile I get kind of irritated and just sit alone for a few days on my own before I feel like making plans again- and when I do have plans they're generally last minute...
    I also tend to spend a lot of time just doing nothing, like listening to music, or thinking, or walking aimlessly around at night...