• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not entirely sure what my type is...

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
I'm not entirely sure what type I am...The first time I took the test I got infj, but I've taken it a couple more times and got infp...But I'm not so sure that I should even be introverted...

I am not entirely sure what to post to help out, if someone could tell me something that I could post that would be helpful I would post it...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Gain self-awareness.

By doing so, you will take the test and either agree/relate to your type, or find that whichever "type" you are doesn't really define or resonate with you.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Tests are great for giving you a general idea of your type, but once you've narrowed down the possibilities, you'll probably need to do some reading to get a firm handle on your type. Do descriptions of INFJ or INFP resonate with you? How about ENFJ/ENFP?

I think extraversion/introversion can be very difficult for others to assess but is usually apparent to oneself. The fundamental question is whether social contact energizes or drains you. An introvert can be friendly, socially adept, popular, and desirous of regular social activity, but s/he needs time alone after extended social contact to "recharge", or else feels stressed and worn down. Hanging out with others can be fun, but it's not relaxing -- it requires expenditure of energy for an introvert.

This is an oversimplification, but J/P is often understood as a preference for planned vs. unplanned activities. J tends to like schedules and P usually prefers to keep things flexible. You could also look into the cognitive functions: xNFJs prominently use introverted intuition and extraverted feeling, while xNFPs predominantly rely on extraverted intuition and introverted feeling.

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Tests are great for giving you a general idea of your type, but once you've narrowed down the possibilities, you'll probably need to do some reading to get a firm handle on your type. Do descriptions of INFJ or INFP resonate with you? How about ENFJ/ENFP?

I think extraversion/introversion can be very difficult for others to assess but is usually apparent to oneself. The fundamental question is whether social contact energizes or drains you. An introvert can be friendly, socially adept, popular, and desirous of regular social activity, but s/he needs time alone after extended social contact to "recharge", or else feels stressed and worn down. Hanging out with others can be fun, but it's not relaxing -- it requires expenditure of energy for an introvert.

This is an oversimplification, but J/P is often understood as a preference for planned vs. unplanned activities. J tends to like schedules and P usually prefers to keep things flexible. You could also look into the cognitive functions: xNFJs prominently use introverted intuition and extraverted feeling, while xNFPs predominantly rely on extraverted intuition and introverted feeling.

Thanks, I've been reading up, and I think that I'm pretty sure I am an infp... :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ironically, it's also pretty common for INFP's to have trouble finding their type at first. :D

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ironically, it's also pretty common for INFP's to have trouble finding their type at first. :D

Yeah, that's because superficially INFP looks like a 'bad' choice, but dig into the details enough and you realize how awesome it is to be one of us :D

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
For I vs E...I tend to ask myself when I tend to feel happiest, and it's usually around other peoples being stupid.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For I vs E...I tend to ask myself when I tend to feel happiest, and it's usually around other peoples being stupid.

You must be happy a lot, then! :newwink:

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
I dunno, I'm not exactly quiet, and tend to stand up for what I believe, but generally only when someone is questioning it...I don't go looking to voice what I have to say, but I will say it if the situation calls for it...
I like being around people, but after awhile I get kind of irritated and just sit alone for a few days on my own before I feel like making plans again- and when I do have plans they're generally last minute...
I also tend to spend a lot of time just doing nothing, like listening to music, or thinking, or walking aimlessly around at night...

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I dunno, I'm not exactly quiet, and tend to stand up for what I believe, but generally only when someone is questioning it...I don't go looking to voice what I have to say, but I will say it if the situation calls for it...
I like being around people, but after awhile I get kind of irritated and just sit alone for a few days on my own before I feel like making plans again- and when I do have plans they're generally last minute...
I also tend to spend a lot of time just doing nothing, like listening to music, or thinking, or walking aimlessly around at night...

You could do all that and still be an ENFP.

And the bolded part is not what being an E is about at all.

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
You could do all that and still be an ENFP.

And the bolded part is not what being an E is about at all.

I know. :yes: I know that being an E is a possibility, I'm not sure that I am an I, I just think it fits better, but since I don't know a whole lot about the differences, I could definitely be wrong.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I know. :yes: I know that being an E is a possibility, I'm not sure that I am an I, I just think it fits better, but since I don't know a whole lot about the differences, I could definitely be wrong.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Personally to me, the difference between I/E is less significant compared to the N/S, T/F, P/J