User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Default The test says enfp but...

My friend and former college roommate took one of the online tests I gave her and arrived at "ENFP"

now, perhaps I'm being a little biased, because me and this girl, despite our friendship and roommate status, NEVER bonded over ANYTHING.

a typical conversation with us would go-

Me: I feel like m relationship is everything I need and everything I shouldnt have.
    Her: The horse show today was really neat. I met a new girl & we got slushies. Just ignore your boyfriend though, he's mean.

she doesnt agree with EsFP because she doesnt enjoy partying, she can be more introverted, and she just said it didnt fit.

she agreed with the enfp defintion of

"zany charm" and "Always making new friends" but I have NEVER seen a shred of Ne from this girl. ever. but just incase I'm bias... this is a little about her.

*Theater major with minimal acting skills
    *can be a very quiet E
    *is generally very accepting of people
    *Has no problem talking behind someone's back or cutting people out of her life
    *Never told any of her friends that her father had passed away until her uncle awkwardly mentioned it
    *Hobbies are acting, horse back riding, watching movies, making friends, talking about other people behind their backs, manicures, and running
    *Shys away from anyone displaying a lot of emotion, thinking them to be unstable
    *but to be fair, she did enjoy playwriting class
    *and she does feel a strong connection, as I do, with ariel the little mermaid

am I biased, or is she a shy esfp?
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

She must be an enfp, if the test said so. You're not always going to get along with the same personality type. The difference between her and you might be different enneagrams. I know I'm a little different from enfps with 3,7, and 9 enneagrams.
    But how was her mood when she took the test because your mood has a big impact on your results? Because when I first took the test I came out as an enfj. The reason for the result were I was tired and didn't understand some of the questions. So I took the test again got an enfp.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

With what you posted about her, she could be any type. What she likes to do doesn't exactly help in understanding what type she is. Why she does those things, however, could give you more insight.

Don't read those personality type descriptions - they're useless. The tests too are often misleading and not very effective. Just break it apart according to function.

ENFP: Ne Fi Te Si

ESFP: Se Fi Te Ni

Try to figure out which she has [here's a very basic website with descriptions of the cognitive functions]. Sometimes it's much easier to figure out the FiTe judgment functions when you have them yourself (i.e, as an FiTe I can easily point out fellow FPs) than to try and distinguish between SeNi and NeSi.

The only part of your depiction of this girl that I think could help you is

*[She] shys away from anyone displaying a lot of emotion, thinking them to be unstable
    She may not be even be a Feeler. Or she could just be more concerned with what is socially appropriate and find overt emotional displays depending where you are and what you're doing not suited to the current environment or situation (Fe/FJ).

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Send her over to me and I'll get to the bottom of it. Heheheh.. Hihihi...

...For ONE MILLION DOLLARS! Muhahahahaaahaaahahaa!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    My friend and former college roommate took one of the online tests I gave her and arrived at "ENFP"

now, perhaps I'm being a little biased, because me and this girl, despite our friendship and roommate status, NEVER bonded over ANYTHING.

a typical conversation with us would go-

Me: I feel like m relationship is everything I need and everything I shouldnt have.
    Her: The horse show today was really neat. I met a new girl & we got slushies. Just ignore your boyfriend though, he's mean.

she doesnt agree with EsFP because she doesnt enjoy partying, she can be more introverted, and she just said it didnt fit.

she agreed with the enfp defintion of

"zany charm" and "Always making new friends" but I have NEVER seen a shred of Ne from this girl. ever. but just incase I'm bias... this is a little about her.

*Theater major with minimal acting skills
    *can be a very quiet E
    *is generally very accepting of people
    *Has no problem talking behind someone's back or cutting people out of her life
    *Never told any of her friends that her father had passed away until her uncle awkwardly mentioned it
    *Hobbies are acting, horse back riding, watching movies, making friends, talking about other people behind their backs, manicures, and running
    *Shys away from anyone displaying a lot of emotion, thinking them to be unstable
    *but to be fair, she did enjoy playwriting class
    *and she does feel a strong connection, as I do, with ariel the little mermaid

am I biased, or is she a shy esfp?
    She might be An ENFP.

A few things-the talking about people-that is a sign of insecurity. If in a convo, she can get you to tell her things about others, by exposing things about others, she is somewhat secure you are being honest with her. When in middle school I realized I did this a tiny bit-it was really gross. So I stopped.

not telling about her father? It makes her *feel*. I remember once telling my best friend, "Why would I ever share my feelings with anyone?" Even being an entp, she just stared. Fi likely ties her hands a bit. She doesnt want to talk about things she feels strongly about.

cutting them out of her life-hell yeah. You reject them before they can reject you. It hurts less that way.

The introverted could be Si. I actually test as crazy ass N, but almost introverted-I use so much Ne, that I actually have to spend a lot of time in Si to recover-thus look fairly introverted.

Notice for every point above-I shared my experience? that is what she was trying to do with the horse show to boyfriend thing I bet.

She just sounds like a young immature enfp maybe? we come in lots of flavors it turns out. just my two cents though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post

Hey, none of those traits point to the way she thinks... just the way she acts. Things like how much one likes to party or how well one can act are irrelevant. Consequently, I have no idea what she is.

Also, ESFP (Se-dom) is very different from ENFP (Ne-dom), and shouldn't be that difficult to distinguish. For example, if you asked her about the friend she drank slushies with, would she give a remarkably detailed description of his/her appearance or engage in amateur psychoanalysis?

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsimoan View Post
    She must be an enfp, if the test said so. You're not always going to get along with the same personality type. The difference between her and you might be different enneagrams. I know I'm a little different from enfps with 3,7, and 9 enneagrams.
    But how was her mood when she took the test because your mood has a big impact on your results? Because when I first took the test I came out as an enfj. The reason for the result were I was tired and didn't understand some of the questions. So I took the test again got an enfp.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

My ISFJ mom has tested ENFP....and when I read both descriptions to her (without telling her which was which), she picked the ISFJ as a fit. Plus, she's my mom and I KNOW her type . Anyway, my point is, tests can be WRONG. There are a lot of crappy online MBTI tests out there too.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    GONE

ENFPs don't necessarily recognize each oher. I have counted ENFPs as classmates and friends and I was really surprised when they also tested ENFP. Since you are typed based on how you experience the world and not how you seem to others.

Lots of Fi users shy away from the "overly emotional" because frankly, it can take Fi doms a while to get a handle on their/our own emotional functions and we get too easily overwhelmed/triggered by others.

Her comments about your boyfriend - that seems like Ne, very scattered, kinda air-brained or distracted.

Also, I think it can take until your early/mid 20s after a person has explored their own functions and grown and what not for you to accurately get the settled type. I took the MBTI test 2x administered by a school counselor through highschool and college and it wasn't until my final year of college that I got 'ENFP' on an online test that it made sense!

But in answer to your OP, your description of her doesn't nix her as an 'ENFP'.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

The thing about how she thinks is that I have NEVER seen a shred of Ne

as an enfp, I'm so Ne it hurts.

and one of my best friends is esfp and I know the difference generally, the problem is that this girl is so very reserved about everything she is thinking.

but okay as for how she thinks is expressed in the way she speaks

she discusses how she feels about unimportant things, shying away from actually emotion and focuses on the shallower things, she discusses other people we know and what she LOVES/HATES about them

she essentially thinks anyone different from her significantly is weird and she very quickly decided she loves and hates people on minor details. she is very easily led and holds very loosely to most opinions of things/places/people, easily swayed.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, its just that her observations seem very shallow/detail oriented as opposed to actually insightful

but not every enfp is insightful are they?

one last example of how she acts

Me: aren't you upset about selling one of your favorite horses?
    her: Nah, I can ride faster on my new one.

she's very matter of fact i mean to say.
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4