half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post
    this is because she would get very frustrated when I wouldn't regularly clean my side of the room
    Nobody wants to live in anyone else's filth.

she would be very easy going usually, but she certainly ALWAYS had plans, and she liked to have fun within those plans, if they got changed slightly thats fine
    I always have plans, too... that doesn't really mean much. The question is how often does she follow through with her plans

she misunderstood me to the point of us deciding it would be better NOT to room together anymore. not that we arent still friends. but actual conversations about something serious? she ignores anything serious, deep, or irrelevant to the current moment.
    Sounds like every ENFP that I've ever met...

but dont you think we get a certain vibe from others of the same type whom we meet in person?
    No, not always. I usually vibe with people who are the opposite of me - people that have what I lack or admire. That, or people who are slightly different - like my introverted brethren.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

ENFP = Marijuana
    ESFP = Cocaine

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Nobody wants to live in anyone else's filth.

Nothing filthy. I would be cluttered. she was being a brat.

I always have plans, too... that doesn't really mean much. The question is how often does she follow through with her plans

more often than not

Sounds like every ENFP that I've ever met...

how so?

No, not always. I usually vibe with people who are the opposite of me - people that have what I lack or admire. That, or people who are slightly different - like my introverted brethren.

INFPs are best. we click but dont compete for the spotlight.

I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    ENFP = Marijuana
    ESFP = Cocaine

I dont know you, but that makes me love you.
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

3w4

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I don't get the emoticon...

Anyway, what you feel is her being a brat may just have been you not wanting to acknowledge that your clutter was really bothering her. This is what I meant by avoiding any serious conversation - I mean serious conversations that implicate the person in question. Everything is fine and dandy unless you want to talk about something personal about your (collectively) character. I find ENFPs to get very defensive and dismissive, very quickly. Maybe *she* tried to get deep with *you* and felt like you brushed her off, the way you are doing here.

And misunderstanding or misreading is par for the course with the type as well.

Not to say that you guys aren't lovely in other respects, but I don't see how anything you wrote discounts her as an ENFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I don't get the emoticon...

Anyway, what you feel is her being a brat may just have been you not wanting to acknowledge that your clutter was really bothering her. This is what I meant by avoiding any serious conversation - I mean serious conversations that implicate the person in question. Everything is fine and dandy unless you want to talk about something personal about your (collectively) character. I find ENFPs to get very defensive and dismissive, very quickly. Maybe *she* tried to get deep with *you* and felt like you brushed her off, the way you are doing here.

And misunderstanding or misreading is par for the course with the type as well.

Not to say that you guys aren't lovely in other respects, but I don't see how anything you wrote discounts her as an ENFP.
    she is simply not a very deep person. she says this all the time. its fairly evident.

this doesnt make her an S

but it makes it very hard for me to see her as an N.

3w4

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Ow, Jeno, srsly. You are on the "enfp/entp can't get along" train too?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    Ow, Jeno, srsly. You are on the "enfp/entp can't get along" train too?
    I don't get how you got that out of what I wrote.

Pointing out less than desirable traits in any type doesn't mean I can't get along with someone. No one is perfect.

she is simply not a very deep person. she says this all the time. its fairly evident.

this doesnt make her an S

but it makes it very hard for me to see her as an N.
    You didn't address what I wrote.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

I agree that it is best for one to type oneself. It's a journey to self-understanding, after all.

That said, however, it is not the purpose of this thread. The purpose of the thread is to generate possible alternatives to the tested type or to show how the tested type does conform to the reality.

I would suspect ESFJ more if she makes plans and follows through, is sensitive to your messes, etc. ENFP isn't ruled out, mostly because there is a lot of information loss w/r to your reporting your observations, and for the points Oro made, where your specific points don't contradict the ENFP type. Where I'd start really thinking "more J" and especially "SJ" is if she takes notes, uses an organizer, tends to fill her schedule up, and so on. ESFP would still be fairly similar to ENFP, but instead of getting distracted by a bright and shiny idea, she gets distracted by bright and shiny "things."

Sadly, though, there really isn't enough information for us to be certain of her type.

As for a "vibe" when I meet someone of the same type (INTJ), I only sort of get that. Really, I'm not looking for it. In fact, we're both so shielded it's hard to read type, initially. I get vibes from other types, but I use those as building blocks to find a specific type.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I don't get how you got that out of what I wrote.
    Typical ENFP's "ignores anything serious, deep, or irrelevant to the current moment. " ?

Pointing out less than desirable traits in any type doesn't mean I can't get along with someone. No one is perfect.
    Don't make the NF cwy.