• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP or INFJ?

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
The 1st time I took the test, I got:

Jung Test Results

Introverted (I) 59.38% Extroverted (E) 40.63%
Intuitive (N) 51.52% Sensing (S) 48.48%
Feeling (F) 58.82% Thinking (T) 41.18%
Perceiving (P) 51.35% Judging (J) 48.65%

Your type is: INFP

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

I took it again a little while later (to see how accurate this was for me) and got:

Jung Test Results

Introverted (I) 63.33% Extroverted (E) 36.67%
Intuitive (N) 53.13% Sensing (S) 46.88%
Feeling (F) 62.5% Thinking (T) 37.5%
Judging (J) 54.29% Perceiving (P) 45.71%

Your type is: INFJ

INFJ - "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1.5% of total population.

I have been told my writing is quite INFJ (I assume that is because I write in a "free write" technique?) I am not into thrills. I always want to help people. I am more introverted though I do some out of shell to help someone else or if I find someone interesting/like their energy. I am practically a vegan. I DO disappear from time to time and take space from people (ENFP?), I am definitely clumsy, ADD/ADHD combo, I like all kinds of creativity, and I feel/resonate strongly with other's emotions. I am exceptionally emotional and I cry at many things (i do not need to be depressed to cry...even a beautiful painting can do it!), and I try to find meaning in everything. I can be very a perfectionist at times! I love nature, sitting under a tree and reading or writing while my dog and I hang out is a favorite pastime of mine! I also enjoy giving--especially if I can bake something for someone or listen to their life story. I am drawn to any emotion! I have loads of fears/anxieties. I am approval seeking...and if people don't appreciate al the effort I put into making their life better, I feel hurt. I also consider myself honest to a fault. I hope this was all essential...feel free to ask anything to help me figure out my type! Thanks :) luna~

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
All of your scores seem to be quite balanced
I am sure Jung said the ultimate goal is balance and to score 50% or Xs in all the functions.
Right now I would say you are Ixxx ..
SO are you balanced or really confused?

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
you sound more INFJ based on your descriptions in how you are attracted and resonate strongly with other people's emotions. INFPs use Fi, which primarily focuses on the emotion and values of the self. P & J are really important when it comes to type and decide the functional layout more strongly than any other letter.

example:

INFJ = Ni, Fe, Ti, Se
INFP = Fi, Ne, Si, Te

both similar in lettering but contain completely different functions.

If you are INFJ, you will more likely: be interested in the underlying meaning of things, and have a stronger desire to connect with others/create harmony with others.

If you are INFP, you will more likely: be interested in establishing personal beliefs and values and constantly work them like clay, and follow thoughts by interconnecting seemingly random nodes together to come up with new ideas.

edit: by the way, I've seen this test you've taken before and I don't really like it. Whenever I've seen people who are new to mbti, the scores hover too closely to 50%, making the results really unreliable.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A lot of this just says IxFx. I'm not hearing any clear NF slant. If I had to choose between the two, I'd guess INFJ though. Your feeling seems focused outward.

When INFPs describe themselves, they will almost always focus on how they feel about themselves and they'll talk about what is important to them in conceptual terms.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
About the INFJ
Expert Quotes & Links

"INFJs are gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individuals. Artistic and creative, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. Only one percent of the population has an INFJ Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types."
- Portrait of an INFJ (The Personality Page)

I have been told I am complex. I do live in a world of hidden meanings. I don't know if I'm gentle...and I try to be caring!

"INFJs enjoy a greater clarity of perception of inner, unconscious processes than all but their INTJ cousins. Just as SP types commune with the object and "live in the here and now" of the physical world, INFJs readily grasp the hidden psychological stimuli behind the more observable dynamics of behavior and affect."
- INFJ Profile (TypeLogic)

Not sure about this...would need examples.

"creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality, attracted to sad things, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant..."
- INFJ Jung Type Descriptions (similarminds.com)

I am attracted to fantasy, sad things, I fear doing the wrong thing, I am avoidant, and I an observer...

"...desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions. Although Counsleors tend to be private, sensitive people, and are not generally visible leaders, they nevertheless work quite intensely with those close to them, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes..."
- The Portrait of the Counselor Idealist (Keirsey)

I have acted as counselor for my friends many times.

"INFJs tend to be devoted to what they believe in and seek work where their needs, values, and ideals can be deeply engaged. They move on the wave of their inspirations and are determined to see that their values are worked out in their lives. They will work toward their goals individually and, when needed, will put together a team of other highly dedicated people like themselves."

My values are exceptionally important to me. I work on my goals individually or with a small group (usually that group is my husband and possibly one friend).

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
About the INFP
Expert Quotes & Links

"To understand Healers, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The Healer is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith..."
- The Portrait of a Healer Idealist (Keirsey)

I am becoming vegan because I hate the idea of killing anything. I have stayed up late into the night for friends who need my help. (Can't this be INFJ too though? What are the differences?)

"INFPs are highly intuitive about people. They rely heavily on their intuitions to guide them, and use their discoveries to constantly search for value in life. They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things. Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system, and is evaluated to see if it has any potential to help the INFP define or refine their own path in life."

I relate to this as well. I read people intuitively, psychologically, and have deep intuitions about people (for example, knowing someone is dying before the doctors do).
- Portrait of an INFP (The Personality Page)

"creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings..."
- INFP Jung Type Descriptions (similarminds.com)

I am at times a loner (unless I feel I can help someone or have a deep connection with them...then I come out of my shell), I am pretty disorganized (though I prefer organization oddly enough), I prefer to avoid things that will hurt others or that I am afraid of, and I have a negative streak.

"An INFP's feelings form the foundations of the individual. They are sacred and binding, in the sense that their emergence requires no further justification. An INFP's feelings are often guarded, kept safe from attack and ridicule. Only a few, close confidants are permitted entrance into this domain."
- INFP Profile (INFP Mailing List)

If I am close with someone, I will share my heart and soul with them. If I believe it will help someone or make them stronger, i will share with them to help them heal.

"Highly creative, artistic and spiritual, they can produce wonderful works of art, music and literature. INFPs are natural artists. They will find great satisfaction if they encourage and develop their artistic abilities. That doesn't mean that an INFP has to be a famous writer or painter in order to be content. Simply the act of "creating" will be a fulfilling source of renewal and refreshment to the INFP. An INFP should allow himself or herself some artistic outlet, because it will add enrichment and positive energy to their life."

I enjoy creating fantasy worlds. (That's more INFJ, right?) I want to create a safe place where people can be themselves, feel their and heal. I want people to know they are loved and special.

- INFP Personal Growth (The Personality Page)

"INFPs never seem to lose their sense of wonder. One might say they see life through rose-colored glasses. It's as though they live at the edge of a looking-glassworld where mundane objects come to life, where flora and fauna take on near-human qualities."
- INFP Profile (TypeLogic)

I see life and I see the potential good in people and in the worl...but I see/feel/experience the suffering deeply. I resonate with others and their feelings too much to be positive and happy and "rose colored" if you will...

"Their job must be fun, although not racous, and it must be meaningful to them. They need a strong purpose in their work. They want to be recognized and valued, without undue attention given to them. They may become embarrassed when make the center of attention. As a result, they may undersell their strengths in order to avoid being singled out and made to feel conspicuous. They would rather have their worth be noticed gradually over time."

I don't feel I need to have too much fun. I need to have purpose, meaning, spirituality, and growth. I need to do something that will help make the world a better place. I believe that is INFJ?

Thanks for reading and for your advice on my journey into type-hood :) luna~

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
All of your scores seem to be quite balanced
I am sure Jung said the ultimate goal is balance and to score 50% or Xs in all the functions.
Right now I would say you are Ixxx ..
SO are you balanced or really confused?

Well, I would definitely say I can be very confused! Bt I would also say that since I seem to get INFP or INFJ depending on the test...perhaps I truly am a hybrid type? :p

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
If you are INFJ, you will more likely: be interested in the underlying meaning of things, and have a stronger desire to connect with others/create harmony with others.

If you are INFP, you will more likely: be interested in establishing personal beliefs and values and constantly work them like clay, and follow thoughts by interconnecting seemingly random nodes together to come up with new ideas.

I can be random...but I don't think I come up with new ideas...

INFJ sounds most like me based on what you just described...

edit: by the way, I've seen this test you've taken before and I don't really like it. Whenever I've seen people who are new to mbti, the scores hover too closely to 50%, making the results really unreliable.[/QUOTE] I can see that :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Most of that could apply to any INF, or any NF.

Look into the cognitive functions (google!). You will find a blend is highly unlikely. J/P has nothing to do with how organized you are; it indicates your functions. Look at the top 2 functions, and determine which are a best fit.

INFP: Fi, Ne, Si, Te
INFJ: Ni, Fe, Ti, Se

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I suspect the creator of that INFJ/INFP site is guilty of confirmation bias when typing people. She claims to have never met an INFJ with ADHD and rarely to have met an INFP without it (which is not borne out by statistics), and in the same piece says:
It's not a rule by any means, but when someone tells me they have INFJ preferences and also suffer from ADD, it throws up a red flag for me.

For these statements to both be true, she must have met people who claimed to be INFJs with ADHD, and in every case concluded they simply weren't INFJs at all.

She can't tell the difference between someone who prefers not to plan and organise and someone who is cognitively unable to adequately plan and organise when they try to, to the extent that their everyday functioning is significantly disrupted.

That's a devastating error to be making systematically, in my opinion. Not everyone with a disorganised or chaotic lifestyle is that way because they're a Perceiver or through any kind of choice. She probably assumes everyone with OCD she meets is a J, and the ones trying to control it have a 'complex' about their 'perfectly healthy and natural' way of being. :rolleyes:

Her observations will be skewed by all the mistypings that conflation of preference and capacity will produce.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assesment/develop_old.html

Try this little test. I like that it takes you through the different cognitive functions and it's easier to see which ones are most natural to you and which ones you have learned over time.

Hmm...perhaps my wireless connection is not working right or something...I spent like 15 minutes taking this test and then it wouldn't give me the answers...I got an error message :(

For now, I can say that extroverted and introverted feeling got the most check marks. Introverted intuitive was next. Is that helpful? I hope I can get the actual results soon... :) Thanks!

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
^ Most of that could apply to any INF, or any NF.

Look into the cognitive functions (google!). You will find a blend is highly unlikely. J/P has nothing to do with how organized you are; it indicates your functions. Look at the top 2 functions, and determine which are a best fit.

INFP: Fi, Ne, Si, Te
INFJ: Ni, Fe, Ti, Se

Thanks Orange :) I did search a bit but I didn't turn up anything yet...still looking! Thanks for the suggestion!!

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
I suspect the creator of that INFJ/INFP site is guilty of confirmation bias when typing people. She claims to have never met an INFJ with ADHD and rarely to have met an INFP without it (which is not borne out by statistics), and in the same piece says:

For these statements to both be true, she must have met people who claimed to be INFJs with ADHD, and in every case concluded they simply weren't INFJs at all.

She can't tell the difference between someone who prefers not to plan and organise and someone who is cognitively unable to adequately plan and organise when they try to, to the extent that their everyday functioning is significantly disrupted.

That's a devastating error to be making systematically, in my opinion. Not everyone with a disorganised or chaotic lifestyle is that way because they're a Perceiver or through any kind of choice. She probably assumes everyone with OCD she meets is a J, and the ones trying to control it have a 'complex' about their 'perfectly healthy and natural' way of being. :rolleyes:

Her observations will be skewed by all the mistypings that conflation of preference and capacity will produce.

Very interesting, as I have ADD/ADHD combo as well as mild OCD. i wonder what she would say about that? :p

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Hmm...perhaps my wireless connection is not working right or something...I spent like 15 minutes taking this test and then it wouldn't give me the answers...I got an error message :(

For now, I can say that extroverted and introverted feeling got the most check marks. Introverted intuitive was next. Is that helpful? I hope I can get the actual results soon... :) Thanks!

Which was higher, extroverted or introverted feeling? You say your introverted intuition was high. Was it higher than your extroverted intuition?

If your extroverted feeling is higher than your introverted feeling and your introverted intuition is higher than your extroverted intuition, then I'm betting you're INFJ.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Which was higher, extroverted or introverted feeling? You say your introverted intuition was high. Was it higher than your extroverted intuition?

If your extroverted feeling is higher than your introverted feeling and your introverted intuition is higher than your extroverted intuition, then I'm betting you're INFJ.

Extroverted and introverted feeling were tied as the highest...and introverted and extroverted intuition were tied as the 2nd highest! I am very concerned with my relationships with others...but I am pretty introverted in all other respects. I know that as a 6 on the enneagram...we are supposedly the only personality that are "true ambiverts". Perhaps I'm a mix? Thanks for your help!!

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Extroverted and introverted feeling were tied as the highest...and introverted and extroverted intuition were tied as the 2nd highest! I am very concerned with my relationships with others...but I am pretty introverted in all other respects. I know that as a 6 on the enneagram...we are supposedly the only personality that are "true ambiverts". Perhaps I'm a mix? Thanks for your help!!
According to Myers-Briggs and other Jungian theories there is no type with that function order. It could be that the test didn't work for you (as the statements can be interpreted in different ways, as can the scale for how much you relate to them, and any expectations or prior knowledge you have can bias the result), or maybe Myers-Briggs theory isn't correct in your case. It might be best to find out as much about the functions as you can and take some time to notice which you find yourself turning to by default the most often.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

What?!!! I didn't like that lady to begin with (her bias against INFPs is HUGE).... Now she says all INFPs have ADD? What a quack :rolli:

/tangent

Return to typing the OP :cheese: