User Tag List

First 123

Thread: INFP or INFJ?

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    What?!!! I didn't like that lady to begin with (her bias against INFPs is HUGE).... Now she says all INFPs have ADD? What a quack :rolli:

/tangent

Return to typing the OP
    I hate that site. That woman drives me bonkers.

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

I am currently checking out INFJ.com....any other sites you guys recommend? Or books on MBTI? I looked up the functions online and I'm having a tough time finding info that is helpful to increasing my understanding...feeling kinda lost atm! Thanks!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Here's a link to my micro-reviews of typology books.

They could use some expansion and sprucing up, but I'm at the post size limit, and didn't reserve space in advance. Bad me!

I like Thomson, personally, but her left/right brain associations and function ordering (putting the "other four" functions in the middle) are unique to her.

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

On INFJ.com, there is a distinction made between informing and directing in communication styles. If someone asks me what I want to do...I will most likely "not have a preference" unless I really have a strong preference. If there's something I need, I will often beat around the bush when asking and I have been told I am very subtle (too subtle!!). However, every now and then I will make a direct or bossy statement! For example...last night, hubby had a nervous breakdown. We were at a restaurant, so I told him "Go sit...I'll get you some water." When people are direct with me, I often feel overly sensitive or criticized...

But there have definitely been situations where I've been direct.

From what I read on the site, it sounds like I'm more of an informer than a director...

Anyone who is familiar with this concept, please chime in! It would be great to get some perspective on these types of communication styles while I'm trying to determine my type. Also, I would love to hear how people feel about this technique when distinguishing INFJ from INFP. Thanks!!

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Here's a link to my micro-reviews of typology books.

They could use some expansion and sprucing up, but I'm at the post size limit, and didn't reserve space in advance. Bad me!

I like Thomson, personally, but her left/right brain associations and function ordering (putting the "other four" functions in the middle) are unique to her.
    Thanks for your help!! I'm going to see if my library has any of these books!