User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: INFP or INFJ?

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I tired this site. They are experiencing technical difficulties :p I'll try again later, thanks

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assesment/develop_old.html

Try this little test. I like that it takes you through the different cognitive functions and it's easier to see which ones are most natural to you and which ones you have learned over time.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I suspect the creator of that INFJ/INFP site is guilty of confirmation bias when typing people. She claims to have never met an INFJ with ADHD and rarely to have met an INFP without it (which is not borne out by statistics), and in the same piece says:
    It's not a rule by any means, but when someone tells me they have INFJ preferences and also suffer from ADD, it throws up a red flag for me.
    For these statements to both be true, she must have met people who claimed to be INFJs with ADHD, and in every case concluded they simply weren't INFJs at all.

She can't tell the difference between someone who prefers not to plan and organise and someone who is cognitively unable to adequately plan and organise when they try to, to the extent that their everyday functioning is significantly disrupted.

That's a devastating error to be making systematically, in my opinion. Not everyone with a disorganised or chaotic lifestyle is that way because they're a Perceiver or through any kind of choice. She probably assumes everyone with OCD she meets is a J, and the ones trying to control it have a 'complex' about their 'perfectly healthy and natural' way of being.

Her observations will be skewed by all the mistypings that conflation of preference and capacity will produce.

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by mockingbird View Post
    http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assesment/develop_old.html

Try this little test. I like that it takes you through the different cognitive functions and it's easier to see which ones are most natural to you and which ones you have learned over time.
    Hmm...perhaps my wireless connection is not working right or something...I spent like 15 minutes taking this test and then it wouldn't give me the answers...I got an error message

For now, I can say that extroverted and introverted feeling got the most check marks. Introverted intuitive was next. Is that helpful? I hope I can get the actual results soon... Thanks!

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ^ Most of that could apply to any INF, or any NF.

Look into the cognitive functions (google!). You will find a blend is highly unlikely. J/P has nothing to do with how organized you are; it indicates your functions. Look at the top 2 functions, and determine which are a best fit.

INFP: Fi, Ne, Si, Te
    INFJ: Ni, Fe, Ti, Se
    Thanks Orange I did search a bit but I didn't turn up anything yet...still looking! Thanks for the suggestion!!

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    I suspect the creator of that INFJ/INFP site is guilty of confirmation bias when typing people. She claims to have never met an INFJ with ADHD and rarely to have met an INFP without it (which is not borne out by statistics), and in the same piece says:

For these statements to both be true, she must have met people who claimed to be INFJs with ADHD, and in every case concluded they simply weren't INFJs at all.

She can't tell the difference between someone who prefers not to plan and organise and someone who is cognitively unable to adequately plan and organise when they try to, to the extent that their everyday functioning is significantly disrupted.

That's a devastating error to be making systematically, in my opinion. Not everyone with a disorganised or chaotic lifestyle is that way because they're a Perceiver or through any kind of choice. She probably assumes everyone with OCD she meets is a J, and the ones trying to control it have a 'complex' about their 'perfectly healthy and natural' way of being.

Her observations will be skewed by all the mistypings that conflation of preference and capacity will produce.
    Very interesting, as I have ADD/ADHD combo as well as mild OCD. i wonder what she would say about that? :p

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by lunalove View Post
    Hmm...perhaps my wireless connection is not working right or something...I spent like 15 minutes taking this test and then it wouldn't give me the answers...I got an error message

For now, I can say that extroverted and introverted feeling got the most check marks. Introverted intuitive was next. Is that helpful? I hope I can get the actual results soon... Thanks!
    Which was higher, extroverted or introverted feeling? You say your introverted intuition was high. Was it higher than your extroverted intuition?

If your extroverted feeling is higher than your introverted feeling and your introverted intuition is higher than your extroverted intuition, then I'm betting you're INFJ.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by mockingbird View Post
    Which was higher, extroverted or introverted feeling? You say your introverted intuition was high. Was it higher than your extroverted intuition?

If your extroverted feeling is higher than your introverted feeling and your introverted intuition is higher than your extroverted intuition, then I'm betting you're INFJ.
    Extroverted and introverted feeling were tied as the highest...and introverted and extroverted intuition were tied as the 2nd highest! I am very concerned with my relationships with others...but I am pretty introverted in all other respects. I know that as a 6 on the enneagram...we are supposedly the only personality that are "true ambiverts". Perhaps I'm a mix? Thanks for your help!!

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by lunalove View Post
    Extroverted and introverted feeling were tied as the highest...and introverted and extroverted intuition were tied as the 2nd highest! I am very concerned with my relationships with others...but I am pretty introverted in all other respects. I know that as a 6 on the enneagram...we are supposedly the only personality that are "true ambiverts". Perhaps I'm a mix? Thanks for your help!!
    According to Myers-Briggs and other Jungian theories there is no type with that function order. It could be that the test didn't work for you (as the statements can be interpreted in different ways, as can the scale for how much you relate to them, and any expectations or prior knowledge you have can bias the result), or maybe Myers-Briggs theory isn't correct in your case. It might be best to find out as much about the functions as you can and take some time to notice which you find yourself turning to by default the most often.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post

What?!!! I didn't like that lady to begin with (her bias against INFPs is HUGE).... Now she says all INFPs have ADD? What a quack :rolli:

/tangent

Return to typing the OP
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe