• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my enneagram type ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've been barking around that tree for some time now, but the tree still doesnt give in.

So far I figured I am either 6w66 or any other mark of the devil. Since that tho is no real enneagram type, any real idea would be appreciated.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Something out of the ordinary for an ENTP. :wink:

haha tanks :yetimanlovesmiley:

I was thinking 3 for a long time, but all of the ressources on that number I read, I could hardly identify with. "The Achiever" lol for sure, I am glad if I achieve to show up for work punctual in the mornings :D.

But I think, especially with those eneagram types, you can say much more, than just the Achiever.

What would you say, if I would say 7 ?

I found this source:

7 - Enneagram Type Seven: The Enthusiast
[...]
Type Seven in Brief

Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over- extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness. At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied.

• Basic Fear: Of being deprived and in pain
  • Basic Desire: To be satisfied and content—to have their needs
    fulfilled
  • Enneagram Seven with a Six-Wing: "The Entertainer"
  • Enneagram Seven with an Eight-Wing: "The Realist"
Key Motivations: Want to maintain their freedom and happiness, to avoid missing out on worthwhile experiences, to keep themselves excited and occupied, to avoid and discharge pain.

[...]

Especially the thing it says about "key motivations" is a thing I noticed in myself since I moved together with my girlfriend. It's a destructive and dangerous thing, one needs to cope with at all costs before it gets a problem. How I noticed ? I read some days ago some pc games magazine and an author mentioned in a small sentence "...the best thing about friends is when they vomit on your table and wont leave the house until 5 am in the morning...".

And since I moved together with my girl I of course cant have a thing like friends hanging around till 5 am in the morning, meaning as a couple we of course need to adapt our lifestyles a bit, so we both get along ( what doesnt exclude do have friends hanging around but you know what I mean ). But then again I never in my life had friends often hang out at my place at all and I dont really want it too, therefore you see my problem: I am wondering if I may miss out on a thing I never really wanted to do.

And that's weird, but sounds 7. What you think ?

Jaguar

I was thinking 3 for a long time, but all of the ressources on that number I read, I could hardly identify with. "The Achiever" lol for sure, I am glad if I achieve to show up for work punctual in the mornings :D.

But I think, especially with those eneagram types, you can say much more, than just the Achiever.

Try these two links.

They compare the 3 and 7 to all other types, side-by-side, in an attempt to avoid misidentification. See if they help clarify anything at all.
In addition, think of what you "fear," if anything. ;)

Personality Types: Enneagram Misidentifications - Type 3
Personality Types: Enneagram Misidentifications - Type 7

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I instinctively thought "Entropie? Ahah, a Seven!" as soon as I saw who had made the post. If that's any help :newwink: It does fit quite well from what I know of you though. I won't add any more as the others have posted quite a bit to be getting on with already. Three would surprise me a bit though, unless you give a very different impression irl to the one you give online.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ

I found this source:

Especially the thing it says about "key motivations" is a thing I noticed in myself since I moved together with my girlfriend. It's a destructive and dangerous thing, one needs to cope with at all costs before it gets a problem. How I noticed ? I read some days ago some pc games magazine and an author mentioned in a small sentence "...the best thing about friends is when they vomit on your table and wont leave the house until 5 am in the morning...".

And since I moved together with my girl I of course cant have a thing like friends hanging around till 5 am in the morning, meaning as a couple we of course need to adapt our lifestyles a bit, so we both get along ( what doesnt exclude do have friends hanging around but you know what I mean ). But then again I never in my life had friends often hang out at my place at all and I dont really want it too, therefore you see my problem: I am wondering if I may miss out on a thing I never really wanted to do.

And that's weird, but sounds 7. What you think ?

Yes I instantly thought you were a 7. I am going to say wing 6, because you seem more accommodating and less in your face. You're more mischievous than dominant.