• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing my exboyfriend...

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I believe the "suicide threats" part is more S than N.

my NF friends are some of my more unstable actually lol

but im not sure that has to do with type so much as imbalance

but what makes you say that?

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I could see an unhealthy INTJ threatening suicide (Honestly, anyone affected enough by the dissolution of a relationship could say and threaten just about anything in that state - regardless of type)

But fantasy baseball, the importance of wealth (and the Red Rox), his priggish attitude and donning his Mother's church hat...

I'd go with ISTJ.

i thought fantasy baseball was more N? he created the whole strange league in his head and had it all down on paper and such... it was actually weird

and yes, he wanted wealth, but not materials, just the status of the wealth.

and the weird church hat thing is beyond type. just weird in my opinion lol.

this still sounds isxj-ish?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
www.personalitypage.com said:
INTJ realationship strengths
# Able to leave a relationship which should be ended

... unlike unhealthy ISTJs.
INTJs want wealth and status as an instrument to achieve something, it does not hold a value in itself, nor does status.
It's a myth. It's all a bunch of papers.

Is there a particular reason why you want us (or yourself) to believe that he was INTJ?

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
... unlike unhealthy ISTJs.
INTJs want wealth and status as an instrument to achieve something, it does not hold a value in itself, nor does status.
It's a myth. It's all a bunch of papers.

Is there a particular reason why you want us (or yourself) to believe that he was INTJ?

i would like myself to believe hes an intj

just because when I was dating him, I was always so sure he was deeper than he appeared.. and i always knew he had no interest in SAVING the world, but it would have been cool if hed wanted to take it over... haha im kidding a bit.

idk, not that istjs arent deep.

but I always got an N vibe from him. but now I have nothing to support this. and I think my intuition was off. this makes me sad.

but i believe he was an S the more i ponder back to those frustrating 2 years... but f or t... i cant say for certain...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah I agree ISxJ for sure.

no one gets an intj vibe?

Not at all. He's like a freakin' ISxJ stereotype. Sorry.

The weird church hat thing is simply the behavior of a child. Him taking pleasure in telling the story again and again gels perfectly with Si dominance.

Unhealthy ISFJs can be quite mean, FTR.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah I agree ISxJ for sure.

Not at all. He's like a freakin' ISxJ stereotype. Sorry.

The weird church hat thing is simply the behavior of a child. Him taking pleasure in telling the story again and again gels perfectly with Si dominance.

Unhealthy ISFJs can be quite mean, FTR.

his college decision seemed either very intuitive or very thinking for me...

it was spur of the moment, completely disregarding plans, values, a 2 year commitment/promise

and his only excused was "this college is in a city, it has better opportunities."

but it came out of nowhere and he refused to budge or compromise on it. it was like a day before we mailed in our deposits for the school we were going to together as well.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
his college decision seemed either very intuitive or very thinking for me...

it was spur of the moment, completely disregarding plans, values, a 2 year commitment/promise

and his only excused was "this college is in a city, it has better opportunities."

but it came out of nowhere and he refused to budge or compromise on it. it was like a day before we mailed in our deposits for the school we were going to together as well.

I don't see intuition in him at all. Remember - ISxJs do have inferior Ne, though.

Fantasy sports seems IME to be the almost exclusive domain of S types - S types can have an imagination, too, you know. It's just that they focus it around more tangible things. Imagination is human.

The distance and coldness you described could easily be ISTJ. Also, people with tertiary Fi could easily have an emotional breakdown after a bad break up, so I don't think that guarantees him as an ISFJ at all.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fantasy sports seems IME to be the almost exclusive domain of S types - S types can have an imagination, too, you know. It's just that they focus it around more tangible things. Imagination is human.

Interesting point. The people most commonly into fantasy sports in my experience are actually SJs--perhaps this is their way of letting out tertiary/inferior Ne?

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Interesting point. The people most commonly into fantasy sports in my experience are actually SJs--perhaps this is their way of letting out tertiary/inferior Ne?

this is a really good point.

but anyway, based on his rash college decision, and psycho anger/outbursts, is he more f or t?

he was very calculating about what classes he took, about his values and politics, and about his judgments

and he was either very distant or very emotional.

skhjshd. its tricky.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this is a really good point.

but anyway, based on his rash college decision, and psycho anger/outbursts, is he more f or t?

he was very calculating about what classes he took, about his values and politics, and about his judgments

and he was either very distant or very emotional.

skhjshd. its tricky.

Could be either. Ts still have an F function and vice versa.

I'm going with very stressed out/insecure ISTJ based on what you've said thus far. The random change of cities at the last minute sounds like inferior Ne getting the best of him...this is what ISJs do when they get freaked out and turn to the influence of the inferior too much. They dream of escape into fantastical, totally unfamiliar situations because the current one is causing so much stress.

The comment here confuses me.... ISFJ is not typically Fi, it's Fe.

In that case, ISTJ is more typically Fi (and it can be a selfish weak form if he's dysfunctional)... he could easily fit into the more maladjusted ISTJ pattern (usually an "average" ISTJ remains disengaged from people altogether, but the worse ones can get aggressively mean, with anger being a predominate emotion).

this

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Now, I've attempted to do this in one other thread, but I want to see if everyone else comes up with what i did... out of curiosity and bc he refused to take the test lol

*He liked very few people. He was very, very, very critical.
*He was very snobby about his parents wealth
*He believed in the utmost conservative ideologies and would research them, read articles, and listen to talk radio to keep up to date all time
*He believed shooting poor people was a good idea to get rid of poverty (his sense of humor for you)
*He said the most important things to him were money and the red sox
*He had his own fantasy baseball league... he only did it with himself
*He was extremely secretive
*Had a vicious temper, always knew how to hurt people
*could be loving & silly in private
*did not like public affection
*Had a nervous break down after the break up & threatened suicide
* majoring in finance/accounting
*thought his views were the ONLY correct views
*Impatient, arrogant, very quiet
*always had his work done on time, hated people being late to class
*did not get involved in many activities outside of school
* hobbies involved: fantasy baseball, video games, golfing, and really liked visiting different cities
*choose his college bc "It's in a city, lots of opportunities, its a cool place." and chose it VERY suddenly and it was against all the plans we made to go to school together.
*and lastly... when he was 5 he would wear his mother's fancy church hat and demand everyone call him "Gabriella" when the hat was on. He still tells this story openly, laughing.

so.... ? what are we thinking?

Too unhealthy for typing. (to be honest with you)

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Too unhealthy for typing. (to be honest with you)

he would disagree and say he was a very, very nice person.

though honestly he used to throw the monopoly board across the room when losing and his mother told me this was how he was since a child.

which type is most prone to temper tantrums out of the istj/isfj family?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
though honestly he used to throw the monopoly board across the room when losing and his mother told me this was how he was since a child.

And I hope you realized that if he had done that since childhood and still hadn't learned to stop, that's probably his mother's fault.

I don't know who is more prone to tantrums, honestly. I had a hell of time typing my ex (he also throws tantrums, among other things). I'm fairly certain he's eSFP, though I also considered eSTP and ENTJ. However, after serious thought (and talking with others) I realized that he's definitely using Fi, Se, and Te...which makes eSTP out of the question. ENTJ is unlikely because although he shares many of their traits (probably the NTJ shadow of SFP, and the fact that Se/Te is going to look a lot like Te/Se if Fi is immature in an ESFP or Ni is underdeveloped in an ENTJ) because he simply isn't goal-oriented enough.

Antisocial one makes a point when he says it's more difficult to type unhealthy people, it really is.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
And I hope you realized that if he had done that since childhood and still hadn't learned to stop, that's probably his mother's fault.

I don't know who is more prone to tantrums, honestly. I had a hell of time typing my ex (he also throws tantrums, among other things). I'm fairly certain he's eSFP, though I also considered eSTP and ENTJ. However, after serious thought (and talking with others) I realized that he's definitely using Fi, Se, and Te...which makes eSTP out of the question. ENTJ is unlikely because although he shares many of their traits (probably the NTJ shadow of SFP, and the fact that Se/Te is going to look a lot like Te/Se if Fi is immature in an ESFP or Ni is underdeveloped in an ENTJ) because he simply isn't goal-oriented enough.

Antisocial one makes a point when he says it's more difficult to type unhealthy people, it really is.

why are exs/unhealthy people so hard to type? lol

i could enneagram him fairly easily. a 1w9. very unhealthy.

but mbti is harder in his case for some reason... i think Im going to go with

IStJ

the obsession with wealth (though not material possessions)
the focus on watching sports and playing golf
the inability to control fi
the overwhelming Te when he was not personally upset
the general lack of Ne
the conviction he was always right, stubborn
and the arrogance/belief most people were dumb/weak

sound about right?

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Enneagram considers the behaviour of extremely healthy and unhealthy specimen. MBTI doesn't. You can only guess.

so for enneagram does he sound more 1w9 or 3w4 in people's opinion?

haha, yes Im actually this curiousss

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
where are you in new england? totally random, I know but I'm from rhode island haha

anyway, he just thought he was better than every one else for everythinggggg.

are isfjs (unhealthy ones) known for being very rigid, stubborn and cold/not sympathetic?

I dont know any isfjs IRL healthy or not tbh.

Im in connecticut. The unhealthy ISFJs i know are extremely rigid and angry and not sympathetic.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Im in connecticut. The unhealthy ISFJs i know are extremely rigid and angry and not sympathetic.

are they impulsive and prone to temper tantrums perhaps?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was confident with ISTJ until I read that last part! :D

Hahahahaa, he sounds like a complete douche with the exception of wearing and recalling the church hat incident. :wub:

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I was confident with ISTJ until I read that last part! :D

Hahahahaa, he sounds like a complete douche with the exception of wearing and recalling the church hat incident. :wub:

ahahaha yes the church hat was the best part of him :) Little Gabriella! :yes:

which part didnt sound istj? the hissy fits?