User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Its me the ISTP, nah maybe its INTP

In 7th grade I took the mbti and was ISTP, along with only two other kids in my grade (70+ kids), one had severe learning diasbilities and talked extremely slow, the other always took everything apart and was good at drawing, i wasn't like them at all.
    Then in 12th grade I took the test again and got the same thing ISTP. I was still playing sports but started to get into music. Got a guitar and learned how to play.
    Now: just a week ago i had to take some intelligence testing and mental health tests and stuff and when my results came back i was INTP.
    I don't know what to think now. I was always an active child who excelled in school. Now my room is filled with books on psycholody and social influence and ways to get rich and self improvement books. I still play golf but no other sports. I can make up stories easily and enjoy humor.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by rfossr; 03-24-2010 at 11:16 AM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

There's not much info here really, that description could fit either INTP or ISTP.

Intuitives - more imaginative, don't tend to talk about what is, but rather, what could have been, or what could be. eg. an intuitive may think about what a builder was thinking when he put that building there, or rules put in place for a sport.

Sensors - more concrete, like to discuss topics that affect them directly, they would tend to discuss something entirely 'on topic'. They might talk about a footy game, something that they feel, or in the building case, they might talk about a person they knew who worked there.

If you talk to enough of each different type, you get a pretty good feel for them. Either type can be imaginative, or concrete, it's just that some types prefer one aspect over the other.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP

king despair, im getting closer to thinking i'm an N, but heres some more info:
    i often trying to answering the question WHY? like why are they doing that, why did he say that, why is that set up that way
    and i can be very spontaneous and often people need me to explain my humor or comments, this makes me think im N, but the fact that i love sports and the outdoors and driving my car keeps me thinking maybe i'm S, also i tend to be able to make things out of nothing, like little inventions, so their is still doubt. I don't know too much about the MBTI but i really want to figure out what "personality type" i have, if this info helps please respond
    cheers

Let's quickly look at functions:

Both types have dominant Introverted Thinking: they want to get down to the bottom of things, figure things out for themselves, and understand their experiences in an ordered, logical manner.

ISTPs primarily interact with the world via "Extraverted Sensing": they're right here, right now, "live for the moment" types. They want to make a physical impact, be loud and impressive, and enjoy chaotic, "hands-on" activities.
    ISTPs become introspective primarily through "Introverted Intuition": they enjoy shifting perspective and meaning, finding the right framework of variables that helps fix a problem or clarify a point. They understand meaning and context in terms of the assumptions that people bring into the world.

INTPs primarily interact with the world using "Extraverted Intuition": they're natural brainstormers, jumping from one idea to the other, constantly making new connections between things and following them wherever they go.
    INTPs become introspective primarily through "Introverted Sensation": they can be sticklers for detail, but only selectively: unlike Extraverted Sensing, they might dwell on the significance of small details that mean very little to everyone else, and to the exclusion of other, seemingly more important details.

Both types have Inferior Extraverted Feeling: they want to join in and be a part of others lives, but they feel conflict between what they choose to focus on (informed by either Si or Ni) and what others might tolerate or find interesting. They might dwell on how other people are stupid, and feel unable to play the same social "game" that everyone else plays. They might become uncharacteristically overemotional, and interpret the actions or intentions of others as somehow malicious. By choosing to embrace their extraverted functions, they can let go of their own individualistic obsessions and find a new way to relate to others.

Anyway, stuff to chew on. Sorry it's a bit rough.
    Hello

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    ISTPs become introspective primarily through "Introverted Intuition": they enjoy shifting perspective and meaning, finding the right framework of variables that helps fix a problem or clarify a point. They understand meaning and context in terms of the assumptions that people bring into the world.

INTPs become introspective primarily through "Introverted Sensation": they can be sticklers for detail, but only selectively: unlike Extraverted Sensing, they might dwell on the significance of small details that mean very little to everyone else, and to the exclusion of other, seemingly more important details.

Both types have Inferior Extraverted Feeling: they want to join in and be a part of others lives, but they feel conflict between what they choose to focus on (informed by either Si or Ni) and what others might tolerate or find interesting. They might dwell on how other people are stupid, and feel unable to play the same social "game" that everyone else plays. They might become uncharacteristically overemotional, and interpret the actions or intentions of others as somehow malicious. By choosing to embrace their extraverted functions, they can let go of their own individualistic obsessions and find a new way to relate to others.
    How do you know?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    How do you know?
    GEE I DUNNO
    Hello

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    How do you know?
    How do you not know?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP

im thinking that im maybe like 60% N and 40% S if thats even possible.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    GEE I DUNNO
    I didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    How do you not know?
    Because I have not seen compelling evidence.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by rfossr View Post
    im thinking that im maybe like 60% N and 40% S if thats even possible.
    Yes, I think that's possible. There is nothing wrong with calling yourself IxTP or InTP. In my opinion, MBTI is most useful if you think about it as a kind of loose framework or sketch of a person's personality. Many people straddle the boundary between two types.