User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Hi Craft, thanks for your input! I am off to read about Te now (though I see it was towards the bottom on my test scores, I figure tests are not perfectly accurate, and I should see for myself what it represents) :-) luna~

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lunalove View Post
    I looked into functions but did not save my results (I am learning this is a good thing to do) :p Do you have some links/suggestions in that arena? Thanks :-)
    This is a pretty good site, there's quite a bit of information there, check out the options down the site from communication to team roles and see what function/s jump out at you, if any do.

P.S. Are you name after Trinity from the Matrix?
    Yup, well kinda, my name's Trina but a mate couldn't get his drunk head around that when he first met me so he convinced himself my name was Trinity and insisted on calling me that, I decided to call him Neo in return and the rest is history so to speak

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Trinity,

Based on the link you sent me, here is how I relate to the different functions:

Se--I don't relate.

Ne--I definitely notice the hidden meanings in things everywhere I turn! I would need an example of weaving thread together? The language is throwing me so I cannot comment yet

Ni--I relate strongly to the "Aha" moment idea, unseen trends (in a feeling way, not a concrete way), the ability to predict, however I do not always follow these predictions (lacking in self confidence)...yet when I do, I am usually happiest!

Te--one of my greatest obstacles! I am grateful that my husband has these skills...it makes for a great pair :-)

Ti--I relate here to finding the right word for things holding great importance for me (however, it is something I do with difficulty). I am moved to desire these qualities, but I do not possess them...something I find attractive in my husband though!

Fe--I relate to much of what is said here. I have the desire to connect deeply to others...but not to many people at once! I like to have a couple of close friends with whom I can share. I often laugh when others do because I have tuned out and missed the joke...not just because others are laughing (does that apply?). I am warm and friendly...but not on a large scale. I will be more outgoing if I sense an underdog, or someone I can help in some way. Otherwise, I usually just observe. I do ask people what they want and need, and I am open to self-disclosure in order to get others to open up. I do relate to resonating with the feelings of others and losing sight of my own boundaries/needs in this process.

Fi--My beliefs are extremely important to me. I strongly relate to "There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.”

Question: In the enneagram, there is the idea of going to a point of integration to improve oneself. This is of deep importance to me--is there such an idea with MBTI? I noticed a skill development section on the link you sent me, but it requires payment!

Quite a lot to take in! Btw, Trinity/Trina, I would be interested in your opinions on the Matrix and any parallels you see in the film and in reality (if you see any that is!) I think I shall post such a thread...I will let you know where I post it!

Thanks again :-)

luna~

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Trinity, I posted in the arts and entertainment section about the Matrix. P.S. Are you British/Irish? My husband and I have discussed moving to Britain/Ireland...we have no idea how we would make a living there!! (I'm in the US).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

OK....

After much contemplation and observation, I have concluded that you are.....

An NF of some sort

(I am also leaning toward Introvert, but I still have no clue about the last letter =P )

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Ne--I definitely notice the hidden meanings in things everywhere I turn! I would need an example of weaving thread together? The language is throwing me so I cannot comment yet
    'Hidden meaning' sounds more Ni-ish.

Ni--I relate strongly to the "Aha" moment idea, unseen trends (in a feeling way, not a concrete way), the ability to predict, however I do not always follow these predictions (lacking in self confidence)...yet when I do, I am usually happiest!
    And mixed with that response sounds like you are prolly a Ni user.

Te--one of my greatest obstacles! I am grateful that my husband has these skills...it makes for a great pair :-)

Ti--I relate here to finding the right word for things holding great importance for me (however, it is something I do with difficulty). I am moved to desire these qualities, but I do not possess them...something I find attractive in my husband though!
    Favour Ti over Te.

Fe--I relate to much of what is said here. I have the desire to connect deeply to others...but not to many people at once! I like to have a couple of close friends with whom I can share. I often laugh when others do because I have tuned out and missed the joke...not just because others are laughing (does that apply?). I am warm and friendly...but not on a large scale. I will be more outgoing if I sense an underdog, or someone I can help in some way. Otherwise, I usually just observe. I do ask people what they want and need, and I am open to self-disclosure in order to get others to open up. I do relate to resonating with the feelings of others and losing sight of my own boundaries/needs in this process.

Fi--My beliefs are extremely important to me. I strongly relate to "There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.”
    Fe sounds quite a bit stronger.

Ni-Fe-Ti is INFJ, Fe-Ni is ENFJ.

Based on what you've said INFP is unlikely, while INFJ is most likely.

Question: In the enneagram, there is the idea of going to a point of integration to improve oneself. This is of deep importance to me--is there such an idea with MBTI? I noticed a skill development section on the link you sent me, but it requires payment!
    Yup, well at least in the sense that the enneagram shows differences between healthy and unhealthy, you can see what to aim for.

I recommend: Enneagram Institute: Enneagram Testing & Training

Quote Originally Posted by lunalove
    Trinity, I posted in the arts and entertainment section about the Matrix. P.S. Are you British/Irish? My husband and I have discussed moving to Britain/Ireland...we have no idea how we would make a living there!! (I'm in the US).
    Did my spelling give me away? I'm from Aussieland actually.

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    OK....

After much contemplation and observation, I have concluded that you are.....

An NF of some sort

(I am also leaning toward Introvert, but I still have no clue about the last letter =P )
    hey fellow moon goddess I agree...I am NF of some sort! lol I'm still trying to understand the difference between introverts and extroverts. I though of myself as an ambivert because I do like meeting new people (I have a hard time following up at times though...not sure why?) I like complimenting others and making them feel good. I enjoy helping people and will spend a great deal of time doing so. I tend to talk out things with close friends instead of going inside to figure things out. I do however find I ge drained from people and then I take time away. I thought these were more extroverted and ENFP qualities (hence my guess at being ENFP). So I guess I'm still not sure....

Thanks for responding btw I hope you're having a beautiful day :-)

luna~

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    'Hidden meaning' sounds more Ni-ish.

And mixed with that response sounds like you are prolly a Ni user.

Favour Ti over Te.

Fe sounds quite a bit stronger.

Ni-Fe-Ti is INFJ, Fe-Ni is ENFJ.

Based on what you've said INFP is unlikely, while INFJ is most likely.

Thanks for your help Trinity :-) It's good to have folks who are more knowledgeable helping me out with this stuff!

Yup, well at least in the sense that the enneagram shows differences between healthy and unhealthy, you can see what to aim for.

I recommend: Enneagram Institute: Enneagram Testing & Training
    Thanks!!

Did my spelling give me away? I'm from Aussieland actually.
    Australia?! Where? I have cousins there, believe it or not! I've always wanted to visit...which season are you in now? All that you said that "gave you away" was mate lol

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

You're definitely INFP. Plenty of little clues everywhere, firstly, you're very open to distractions, everything you've written has been full of twists, it's almost exiting to read because you're never sure of where it's going. Secondly, you seem to like informality.

Now, there was a trait you listed under Fe that is soooo INFP, the underdog one. You also seem very much like some of the other INFPs on here. I could read your posts in more depth, but just taking the vibes and occasional point seems enough, nothing much about you seems INFJ to me.

There's a chance that you're an extravert, but from the looks of things, it doesn't fit you. Introverts can often be really friendly people-people. I can relate to your on the edge thing, ambiversion, but after a long time of analysis, I've found that extraversion is different. You're an I, just as I am... (thought I was an E for a long time, still do sometimes) us peoples are just not hardcore introverts, and not many people are. (as far as I know, the descriptions are based on a theoretical construct and aim to emphasize the traits so that you can differentiate yourself.)

Now that you know your type, throw it away, you don't need it Happy foruming!
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Wow, thanks for the compliments, King! (Do you like to cry too btw? I ask because of your name...?) Twists and turns...you make it all sound so exciting! lol

Oh good! I'm glad to hear it isn't all so easy to understand, actually. (Who wants things to be simple) :p I would say then that I'm pretty introverted though I can relate well to people and I like helping people in need.

Thanks for writing...you seem really cool. I like your energy!!

I hope your day is full of much emotion and depth! (Isn't that what makes days good?)

luna~ (feeling quite hyper and energetic today, yet sleepy) lol