I'm quite confused about my personality expressed on MBTI.
I have consistently tested as an ENFJ throughout high school, then ENTJ during first two years of college. I grew up under a very strict academic environment, so I was very competitive with my achievements up until the first two years of college.
Then my boyfriend of two years broke up with me, I started becoming much more introspective, lately I have been a lot more relaxed about my attitude toward school and my future, I am able to enjoy my life more. Then I took the MBTI test for fun, and for the first time it came out as ENFP.
The problem is, each and every time I have taken the test, all parameters fall very close to the center besides N. The latest result as an ENFP came like this:
E (58%) / I (42%)
S (32%) / N (68%)
T (42%) / F (58%)
J (47%) / P (53%)
My intuition tells me that I'm closer to ENFJ/ENFP than ENTJ. But I do turn on my logical thinking when necessary (when working), and while that happens, I do not think in terms of F at all...
Some of the things I have noticed about myself:
- I can be quite social, have friends from multiple mutually exclusive groups, and I adjust myself to interact with every single one of these groups.
- When I do school work, I completely turn my F off. I become very precise in speech, directive, and analytical/logical. Many friends who worked with me on project have pointed out that I become very impersonal and direct. But somehow I have a hard time applying those clear-cut logic on how I deal with people relationships.
- I like social gatherings, but it usually takes me a lot energy to get my mindset ready for going out. Once I'm out I go all out and have a blast, but I feel very drained and needs to RECHARGE in solitude for a long time.
- I'm very interested in people. especially their potentials. When I see my friends not living up to their full capabilities, it makes my heart ache and I will try to show them that in a very subtle way (like asking them how much work do you have and make them feel guilty possibly if they haven't done their work yet, though I won't say the latter part)
- I notice relationships and changes very easily. I think at the very bottom of my consciousness I assume continuity in life.
- I notice little things that other people may dismiss. I'm always the first to notice somebody's haircut, a cute squirrel on the street, etc. People have called me scatter-brained recently because of that. Don't know what to feel about it, but I'm strangely proud of it.
- When I get attached to people, I GET ATTACHED. I will often see off the relationship deteriorate until the very end, until it's absolutely unsalvagable. I go into extremely aggitated/grieving state afterwards, and often wonder if the other person thought I was psycho for pouring my feelings out so freely.
I know you can't easily type people's personalities into 16 categories, but I want to understand my cognitive styles, and there are so much difference between an ENFJ, ENFP, and an ENTJ. If I can choose freely which cognitive functions I find myself using often, they would be N(i/e), F(i/e), Te, and Si but I've thought of myself as a milder less people crazy form of ENFJ for a long while, it would be a rude awakening.. like an identity crisis if I turned out to be an ENFP.
What could be some explanations to my MBTI types? I would appreciate any comments!