• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me narrow down my type

Idioteque

I have done tons of tests and I still haven't figured out my type.. I think most of these tests are pretty dumb, questions like "When your phone is ringing, do you wish you could ignore it or do you pick it up right away?" ..what? So I don't trust the tests I've found very much and now I've began reading up on the functions to see wich I identify with the most. I think that Ne and Ti are the ones I use the most, making me NTP. I am not sure though, so I'll ask you knowledgeable folk for help.

Extraversion - Introversion

I don't mind being alone.. for a while. After some time spent in solitude I feel like I need to be around people, expressing my ideas and thoughts and get some opinions/validation/counterarguments. But most of the times no one cares or no one will understand, making me look stupid or "weird", wich have led to me keeping quiet most of the time. If you asked someone else, he'd probably say that I'm an introvert. This has been going on my whole life, and basically I have gotten used to feeling alone and spending a great deal of time by myself. And I hate it, it's like I am lonely because other people are too stupid or thinks of me as strange just because I usually see things from a perspective that differ from theirs. Could it be that because all of the time I've spent in solitude, I've developed a strong Ti, making me look like an INTP? I don't know how that works really, I just recently discovered this and haven't learned all about it yet. I'm just guessing. Also I do feel like I get 'energized' by social interacting when the topic of the discussion is interesting, and I identify with the part in the ENTP profile where it says "loves to debate and may even switch sides just for the sake of it".

Sensing - Intuition

I've never even considered being an S.. I'm more "head in the clouds", imaginative rather than practical, drawn to symbolism and using it often when I write or speak, always analyzing and interpreting, looking for depth even if it's not there. If my idea of Intuition is correct I'm as N as one can be.

Thinking - Feeling

I consider myself a 'thinker' rather than 'feeler'. Mostly because I'm rational when making decisions and always chasing for a logic explanation. But I frequently get overwhelmed by feelings of loneliness and alienation, making me feel sad and depressed.

Judging - Perceiving

I'm disorganized, a slacker, spontaneous and a 24/7 procrastinator. I can be assertive and aggressive when I know that I am right and I feel like the person I am talking to is a huge moron. Religious people who are so convinced about their belief that they refuse to see things from my point of view, doesn't use logic and are so self-righteous and hypocritical is one example. But I definatly think that I'm a P; more organized in thought than in real life, hate routine, never finish anything I start and always keeping options open.

So, what do you think? If it could be any help at all, I'm a 5 on the enneagram, heavy 4 wing.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Avatar + username... that's two Radiohead references.

INFP.

Idioteque

Also, while I might enjoy the company of some people, I could still lack a certain respect for them because they frequently expose their own idiocy. They can be fun to hang around with and all but I have no real desire to get to know them or understand them, because they are dumb and extremly superficial.

Ayeaye

I have done tons of tests and I still haven't figured out my type.. I think most of these tests are pretty dumb, questions like "When your phone is ringing, do you wish you could ignore it or do you pick it up right away?" ..what? So I don't trust the tests I've found very much and now I've began reading up on the functions to see wich I identify with the most. I think that Ne and Ti are the ones I use the most, making me NTP. I am not sure though, so I'll ask you knowledgeable folk for help.

Extraversion - Introversion

I don't mind being alone.. for a while. After some time spent in solitude I feel like I need to be around people, expressing my ideas and thoughts and get some opinions/validation/counterarguments. But most of the times no one cares or no one will understand, making me look stupid or "weird", wich have led to me keeping quiet most of the time. If you asked someone else, he'd probably say that I'm an introvert. This has been going on my whole life, and basically I have gotten used to feeling alone and spending a great deal of time by myself. And I hate it, it's like I am lonely because other people are too stupid or thinks of me as strange just because I usually see things from a perspective that differ from theirs. Could it be that because all of the time I've spent in solitude, I've developed a strong Ti, making me look like an INTP? I don't know how that works really, I just recently discovered this and haven't learned all about it yet. I'm just guessing. Also I do feel like I get 'energized' by social interacting when the topic of the discussion is interesting, and I identify with the part in the ENTP profile where it says "loves to debate and may even switch sides just for the sake of it".

Sensing - Intuition

I've never even considered being an S.. I'm more "head in the clouds", imaginative rather than practical, drawn to symbolism and using it often when I write or speak, always analyzing and interpreting, looking for depth even if it's not there. If my idea of Intuition is correct I'm as N as one can be.

Thinking - Feeling

I consider myself a 'thinker' rather than 'feeler'. Mostly because I'm rational when making decisions and always chasing for a logic explanation. But I frequently get overwhelmed by feelings of loneliness and alienation, making me feel sad and depressed.

Judging - Perceiving

I'm disorganized, a slacker, spontaneous and a 24/7 procrastinator. I can be assertive and aggressive when I know that I am right and I feel like the person I am talking to is a huge moron. Religious people who are so convinced about their belief that they refuse to see things from my point of view, doesn't use logic and are so self-righteous and hypocritical is one example. But I definatly think that I'm a P; more organized in thought than in real life, hate routine, never finish anything I start and always keeping options open.

So, what do you think? If it could be any help at all, I'm a 5 on the enneagram, heavy 4 wing.

I think your slightly more emotional than logical.You can put that in the bank.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
nah, you're INTP, and human. Both types are pretty similar, so don't worry about it too much.

oxymoron

Im gonna guess slightly extroverted ENTP. You seem like you recharge with others and all Thinkers can come across as somewhat emotional at times.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Be careful, don't judge too early.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Im gonna guess slightly extroverted ENTP. You seem like you recharge with others and all Thinkers people can come across as somewhat emotional at times.

fixed! :alttongue:

I'm wondering if interaction with others makes you feel good regardless of I/E.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
It sounds like you are pretty certain you're NTP. Based on the information you've provided, I don't see anything to contradict that. FWIW, a large percentage of introverted NFs are enneagram 4w5, and INTP 5w4's are very common. With not a whole lot to go by, I'd guess:

1) INTP
2) INFP
3) ENTP

Okay, I've convinced myself: INtP. Liking people, desiring their company, is not inconsistent with being an introvert. If you are often misunderstood or socially isolated, it makes sense that you would actually want more social interaction. OTOH, if you were the belle of the ball, I suspect you'd be really grateful for your occasional time alone. Nearly everyone likes social interaction when the topic of the discussion is interesting; that's not exclusive to extraverts. In fact, introverts -- and especially introverted thinkers -- may find it particularly gratifying, because they're harder to please in social situations.

My bigger question is F/T. Do you have a preference between Fe/Fi? How about Te/Ti? One of those four should be your primary function.

Idioteque

I'm definatly not a Fe dom. I don't think Fi either, or Te. Ti is a possibility. Ti or Ne.

I know that Fi is some sort of internal values system and Ti is looking for logical inconsistencies, but I'm not sure of Fe/Te. I definatly identify with Ti. I am sure I have both strong Ti and Ne, my guess is that I'm ENTP with weak extraversion preference, because I always feel the need to express my ideas and thoughts to others.

The thing is that I love social interaction, but most of those around only talk about completly banal stuff that bores me to tears. Because of this I'm often just keeping quiet when in their company, and it's like I'm not physically present but just observing from a detached perspective. There are only a few I actually like talking to, who I find intelligent enough. I practice some sort of intellectual elitism to find out who I like and who I don't like. I don't mind being alone because I've gotten used to it, but yeah, I really enjoy socializing with other people who are not dumb and shallow.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Am I missing something? Sounds eNfP to me.

Idioteque

Hmm really? Why do you think so?

And btw, when you say INtP and eNfP, do you mean an INTP with weak thinking preference and ENFP with weak extraversion/feeling preferences?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extraverts are perfectly capable of being alone and spending alone time, but the need to see others after a prolonged exposure is typical extravertedness.

You might not be Mistah Extravert 2010, but it sounds like you definatly favour extraversion.

You're definatly intuitive and a perceiver, there's no doubt about that from what you've told.

As for the small f.

An ENFP is perfectly capable of rational thought, just like an ENTP. And it can even seem to be Ti. The fact that you feel like you rely on feelings over rational thought in the heavier situations, sounds like, when it comes to it. You're a feeler. But as far as rational thought is concerned. Every type is capable of having the wish for rational thought. It's just that for NT's it's not just a wish to be rational, but a must.

ENTP's can be emotional and depressed too, but they show it differently, they only try to be more rational as their emotions waver. Because of the need to fix things in the way they trust most. Unhealthy NTP's in distressed time, go over the top when it comes to rationality.

You seem to allow your feelings to take hold in those situations, rather then deny them, which doesn't sound NTP to me at all.

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think you're an ENTP, because you seem to gain your energy from people, even if it's bad energy a lot of the time.

I also think you're a T because you make decisions based on logic, which forms the basis of being a T or an F. A T can still be depressed, obviously, they just use Ti/Te to make decisions.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Might help. :)

Pull out your OS's equivalent to notepad and make sure to write down each thought as they arise within the solution to the answer.

Answer this!
If you had a significant breakthrough with a newfound friend(NFF), but said NFF was going to work in a few minutes; He asks you if you'd like to continue the conversation?

His job is to take care of children at a kindergarten and he explains that he can just take the day off, it won't really matter.

(It may be obvious what I seek but you should ask yourself if that motivates your answer or not.)

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Answer this!
If you had a significant breakthrough with a newfound friend(NFF), but said NFF was going to work in a few minutes; He asks you if you'd like to continue the conversation?

His job is to take care of children at a kindergarten and he explains that he can just take the day off, it won't really matter.

This is interesting. I'm still pretty unsure of my type as well and just give it a go now.

So here are my thoughts:
If we already had the breakthrough I see no need to pursue that any further right now. This can wait, especially if NFF has to work now. On the other hand if he decides that it is ok to skip work we might as well continue. However I would even feel fine to stop discussing things without the breakthrough if NFF had to go. So I really don't care whether or not he will leave as long as we pick it up later. But then again I found that picking up on the same matter can be hard, especially if you have something going on right now, so it might be better to continue anyways. I just can't think of a situation where a kindergarden teacher can just skip his work day. The other person would be unable to keep all the kids under control alone. In our kindergardens there are usually two teachers for 20 kids and this is already borderline. One of them being able to skip working days at will must result in much stress for the other and bad caring for the children. Of course there is the possibilty that there is more than one teacher left over due to some scheduling or internship or whatever, so in the end, I leave that decision with him. NFF works there and should know best after all. I don't think I would say all of this to NFF however, this is just what I would think of internally in a couple of seconds. I might make him aware of the possibility that the discussion could only last for another hour or so, so that he might not miss work entirely but could just be late. I would ask him if this was fine for him, or if he knew that we would stop the discussion eventually in an hour, he would have decided otherwise and have gone to work.

So in the end I will not make the decision to continue the discussion or not, I will have NFF make the decision pointing out some possibilities of future occurences to him and telling him that I am content either way the decision will turn out. Writing that I think that I just might tell him what I think about the situation at the kindergarden and ask for more detail on why he is able to skip the workday. If he is not willing to make the decision after my hints on possible outcomes of the future, I will make the decision after factoring his reasons to be able to skip the work day. If there is hard fact that he can stay away from there today I will continue, if I have doubts on that in about ~80% I might continue with an initial bad feeling about it, and in ~20% I will tell him to go to work.

Oh gush this was harder than I thought :)
Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
This is interesting. I'm still pretty unsure of my type as well and just give it a go now.

So here are my thoughts:

(me)If we already had the breakthrough I see no need to pursue that any further right now. This can wait, especially if NFF has to work now. On the other hand if he decides that it is ok to skip work we might as well continue. However I would even feel fine to stop discussing things without the breakthrough if NFF had to go. So I really don't care whether or not he will leave as long as we pick it up later. But then again I found that picking up on the same matter can be hard, especially if you have something going on right now, so it might be better to continue anyways.

Motivations: He= work/money/status/function/
You= Fi/Te work your way, funny enough. I didn't see it until really reading that part.

(you)I just can't think of a situation where a kindergarden teacher can just skip his work day. The other person would be unable to keep all the kids under control alone. In our kindergardens there are usually two teachers for 20 kids and this is already borderline. One of them being able to skip working days at will must result in much stress for the other and bad caring for the children.

You= Ni/Fe/Ti/Fi

Of course there is the possibility that there is more than one teacher left over due to some scheduling or internship or whatever, so in the end, I leave that decision with him. NFF works there and should know best after all. I don't think I would say all of this to NFF however, this is just what I would think of internally in a couple of seconds.

You= Ne/Ti/Te/Fe/Si

I might make him aware of the possibility that the discussion could only last for another hour or so, so that he might not miss work entirely but could just be late. I would ask him if this was fine for him, or if he knew that we would stop the discussion eventually in an hour, he would have decided otherwise and have gone to work.

(I haven't ever thought in this way before, so I may be a bit rusty in the edges but it feels as if it might hit some sort of imaginary bell: sounding a horrid "PING")
You= Se/Ti/Ne/Fe/Te/Si/Fi

So in the end I will not make the decision to continue the discussion or not, I will have NFF make the decision pointing out some possibilities of future occurences to him and telling him that I am content either way the decision will turn out. Writing that I think that I just might tell him what I think about the situation at the kindergarden and ask for more detail on why he is able to skip the workday.

If he is not willing to make the decision after my hints on possible outcomes of the future, I will make the decision after factoring his reasons to be able to skip the work day. If there is hard fact that he can stay away from there today I will continue, if I have doubts on that in about ~80% I might continue with an initial bad feeling about it, and in ~20% I will tell him to go to work.

Oh gush this was harder than I thought :)
Sorry for hijacking the thread.

How this is decrypted at your server; I don't know.

me <-> him
You are one of the lucky ones, my dear friend. :)
I think that you've gotten to keep your reason whilst others have not.
Do you do a sales pitch every now and then, to keep in good health?
But there's so much more than a single cause; Perhaps I would name you estp but I wonder if you'd prefer the entp above the others?

I was in the shower thinking about this particular answer and I had two new functions on the tip of my tongue, then I moved around and forgot the whole thing; started thinking about witches and monsters as shapes of chocolate.
Damn that was annoying.

Bottom line is that whenever I try to keep your entire train of thought and try to evaluate and especially, the damn explanation of it: I can't keep focus.
Or rather, it's like standing on the railway, in complete fog, hearing the shout of the locomotive and seeing light rushing towards you. You are completely certain that there's a train coming towards you and you know you'll be smashed to bits, but you cannot make for certain which way to move to save yourself.
Instead, you start thinking about what kind of train it might be and if you've ever seen it before, perhaps it's possible to find the breaking point of it by hitting it in a unlimited amount of angles to shatter it willfully. The problem is "space-time"-continuum as you cannot hit a single object more than once without destroying the rest of the experiments as you change the base.

Yeah, I might be pitching or just lost in translation. (that movie was quite good)

So, bottom line is basically: How about intelligent ape that knows your way around and yet keep a somewhat steady stand upon the earths own crust?

Simply: (I am honestly trying to narrow it down and adjust it for normal speech as to be able to structure an answer that may or may not be adequately understandable by most)
Um. Shit. Just buying time. Etc..

From this train of thought you obviously show T-characteristics.

I sat just here by my laptop and felt how the whole world was below my fingers, just as I thought how the universe could very well be built just as the internet. Oh well, it was a cool feeling and though. I recommend it.

Anyhow: I'd give you a rating of entP.

I sure hope I am not too confusing.

Next time, I promise that I will try to keep the red line (or whatever).
(I've heard throughout my lifetime that I fly away on clouds in any given situation but what I've noticed is that the only reason people believe that is because they've missed all the really fast thinking inbetween of me saying one thing before another)

Like the jumping of A -> P -> Q -> C -> K -> X -> H .

My bad. I'll stick to this. If anything is confusing, let me know so I can try to explain it.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks Gtzk,

as our recent discussion got wiped by the database restore I just wanted to let you know that I redid the test this morning and came out as INTJ.