User Tag List

First 123 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Note View Post
    In what way are they insufferable?
    VVVVVV

I also forgot to add something that could maybe point towards ENTP: I love messing with people and making them uncomfortable unless it would somehow jeapordize me. For example, I would walk down an empty street except for one person and say "excuse me" while looking at him and continue walking, talking with myself. On the bus I sometimes break out in laughter after staring at the floor to make the people sitting near me uneasy. Those are pretty bad examples because, like I said before, I am in a hurry, but I hope it gets the general idea across.

How would you differentiate between an INTP and an ENTP?
    I would look at the Tertiary Function - INTPs have Si, whereas ENTPS have Fe.

Do you relate to either of these:

Tertiary Si (INxP): "I can't possibly go along with this, I don't have any reliable concepts or map to anchor myself with: it's all arbitrary and untrustworthy and meaningless. I'd be diving in without any orientation; I'd be tripped up or harmed from any random direction, and my efforts wouldn't be cumulative. I just won't budge. I'll build myself some barricades and wait for the storm to blow over." The Secondary Function (Ne) would say: "Look around, shake up the pot, see what new arises, and deal with it imaginatively; there must be better alternatives available than being stuck here."
    Tertiary Fe (ExTP): "I'll lay a guilt trip on this guy, tell him all I've done for him and suggest that the next time he's in a tough spot, he might need my help. Well, hmm, ok, I'll be all friendly. I'll smile, tell him I like him, what a great guy he is. Well, hmm, that's not working, either. Ok, I'll make him look bad in the eyes of his friends." The Secondary Function (Ti) would say: "What is the truth? Not what people would agree is true, not an angle on the truth for making it palatable to someone, but the whole, honest truth?"
    edit

Quote Originally Posted by Note
    I also forgot to add something that could maybe point towards ENTP: I love messing with people and making them uncomfortable unless it would somehow jeapordize me. For example, I would walk down an empty street except for one person and say "excuse me" while looking at him and continue walking, talking with myself. On the bus I sometimes break out in laughter after staring at the floor to make the people sitting near me uneasy. Those are pretty bad examples because, like I said before, I am in a hurry, but I hope it gets the general idea across.
    Haha, what?
    Hello

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

i did shit like this to my sister when i was 12 and under. but, many types messed with their siblings this way, so i wouldn't say this is a type thing. but a 'something else' thing.

maybe it's time you asked mom for a little brother. i don't know.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

INTP who doesn't understand functions well enough yet to recognize that Ni is not high in his cognitive hierarchy. (And no, it doesn't matter what a cognitive functions test told you.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I gotta agree with the NTP with no idea of Ni. Your description of Ni is pure Ne.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

After further research, it seems like I am an INTP. However, I'm unusually combative for an INTP and love conflict (not physical, I mean debates and arguments), and seem to be more of a dick than most INTPs as well.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I would look at the Tertiary Function - INTPs have Si, whereas ENTPS have Fe.

Do you relate to either of these:
    I have a hard time with this tertiary Fe description. It's seems so dude-ish and purposely manipulative. Fe isn't like that at all for me- I'm not really consciously manipulative, I'm just trying to present my best self, or wanting someone to like me because I like them as well.

It's more like, "He's not calling me back? Okay, I'll write him an email and tell him I'm totally sorry. Wait. He didn't respond. I'll write him a joke text and tell him I was kidding so that he doesn't think I was being serious because he probably didn't even care. Still no word? What the hell is his problem? I hate him and his whole family because they so obviously hate me. No, next time I see them, I'll just be extra chill and calm and rock them with my dry wit. Once they see how I really am, they won't be able to help but love me."

MBTI
    ISFJ

You are most certainly INTP.

Being frustrated with others has to do with your rigid internal sense of logic. You simply cannot understand why on earth someone would believe in something illogical. Ti is a judging function, so it has to do with your value systems and why you find certain approaches to life important. It's difficult for anyone to see past this.

Also introverts do not necessarily hate being around everyone, we're just pickier and more reserved about the people we let in to our lives. Your description makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    It's more like, "He's not calling me back? Okay, I'll write him an email and tell him I'm totally sorry. Wait. He didn't respond. I'll write him a joke text and tell him I was kidding so that he doesn't think I was being serious because he probably didn't even care. Still no word? What the hell is his problem? I hate him and his whole family because they so obviously hate me. No, next time I see them, I'll just be extra chill and calm and rock them with my dry wit. Once they see how I really am, they won't be able to help but love me."
    So you're telling me that this is not a steady decline into desperate manipulation?
    Hello

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    So you're telling me that this is not a steady decline into desperate manipulation?
    Well... yeah... but I'm not trying to be manipulative. I just don't know how to solve it and I want things to turn out how I want them to turn out. I just... want to be... loved! (Unless I don't love you, then forget it, don't even try. I mean, seriously, leave me alone.)

Geez, vagrant, do you have to go and be so on point?