User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Maybe I'm an extrovert after all?

Hello everyone

For years I've tested as INFP mainly, but there was something not quite right about that description. Too detached, airy fairy, mystical. I've experimented with ISFP and INTP mainly, but still, they do not ring true.

However, my recent experiences in social work classes have caused me to question my introversion. In this course, we are encouraged to share personal experiences, and get to know the other students. I'm finding that I'm the most comfortable speaking up in groups, and feel buzzed at the end of the day of such social interactions.

Perhaps my depression can be explained by not enough social contact in the past, especially of a meaningful sort. Usually extroverts annoy me, but they are usually talking trivia and not allowing anyone else to speak. In this class, things are different.

What do you think? ENFP?
    Question everything.

MBTI
    INFJ

If you become more outspoken (I hate the misuse of the term "Extroversion") in a structured, small-group situation, especially in a classroom setting, you're definitely an Introvert.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by sonickel77 View Post
    Hello everyone

For years I've tested as INFP mainly, but there was something not quite right about that description. Too detached, airy fairy, mystical. I've experimented with ISFP and INTP mainly, but still, they do not ring true.

However, my recent experiences in social work classes have caused me to question my introversion. In this course, we are encouraged to share personal experiences, and get to know the other students. I'm finding that I'm the most comfortable speaking up in groups, and feel buzzed at the end of the day of such social interactions.

Perhaps my depression can be explained by not enough social contact in the past, especially of a meaningful sort. Usually extroverts annoy me, but they are usually talking trivia and not allowing anyone else to speak. In this class, things are different.

What do you think? ENFP?
    i think enfps definitely do become depressed w/o enough quality social interaction...and can feel alone even in the middle of a group of people if they're discussing things we don't care about. i tested infp at first too...it was after i moved away and wasn't working for awhile and just alone too much...felt out of sorts but didn't know why at the time.

and...i associated extraversion with a certain type of person that i don't relate to at all...but i get that isn't how all extraverts are now...the people who know me well have said i can't be anything other than enfp and knowing more about it now, i agree.

there are quite a few threads related to the topic also that might help if you wanna do a search.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

i would think I/E would be the easiest element to figure out :p haha.
    if your energy is gained and released in social gatherings - extrovert
    if your energy is gained and maintained when youre by yourself - introvert

thats just my kinda simple way of saying it i guess.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    i would think I/E would be the easiest element to figure out
    This was the mistake I made. It was too "easy" for me to give it much consideration. I mistyped as an introvert for years.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    This was the mistake I made. It was too "easy" for me to give it much consideration. I mistyped as an introvert for years.
    I think it's easy to define if you're at either extreme, because you can still type yourself with the incorrect, but much used *do I have a million friends?* or *do I spend all of my free time alone in my room* method and still be correct.

But those of us who don't fit that mold because of depression, or lack of social skills, or anxiety, or
    a high level of selectivity, or just simply not being extreme definitely have a harder time.

I have an insanely genius friend who has such a hard time relating to people growing up, he typed as an introvert for a long time. But as he's gotten older and his Fe has matured, he's really been able to be his extroverted self in practice, not just in theory.

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
    I think it's easy to define if you're at either extreme, because you can still type yourself with the incorrect, but much used *do I have a million friends?* or *do I spend all of my free time alone in my room* method and still be correct.
    I disagree. I don't have a million friends, but I'm very much oriented to my environment by means of Te. Extroversion does not denote a forfeit of quality.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If you're the most comfortable one speaking in groups (the initiator, or volunteers answers a lot, volunteers to speak during a class presentation) I'm thinking that you might be an extrovert because I'm like that too. It sounds like the ExxP get things going style.

I tested INFP A LOT at first, but always ENFp in socionics, and sometimes ENFP in MBTI. People who know me IRL say there's no way in hell that I'm an introvert.

I think the reason why I was able to buy into the idea of myself being an introvert is because I'm not an extreme extrovert, and I found out later that apparently ENFPs want more alone time than some extroverts.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I disagree. I don't have a million friends, but I'm very much oriented to my environment by means of Te. Extroversion does not denote a forfeit of quality.
    So your point would be what? That you consider yourself extroverted by way of your functions, not your socially directed energy? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't recall saying anything about quality. A *high level of selectivity* is where a lot of extroverts with a small group of friends fall unless it's because of a lack of opportunity or desire to approach people.

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
    So your point would be what? That you consider yourself extroverted by way of your functions, not your socially directed energy? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't recall saying anything about quality. A *high level of selectivity* is where a lot of extroverts with a small group of friends fall unless it's because of a lack of opportunity or desire to approach people.
    My point was that the amount of friends approach to extroversion is flawed, and you apparently agree with me given the bold statement. If a lot of extroverts fall under that category, then the aforementioned method can't be all that correct.

Having a million friends has everything to do with quality (or lack thereof), and that is why I used the word in my sentence.