• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I ENTP or ENFP?

Tzatziki

MBTI Type
ENTP
The type's primary traits are quite similar and in the right mood they can be very hard to tell apart. ENTPs can seem more social, but ENFPs will seem more personal. ENTPs are more freely silly, ENFPs are more senselessly silly. ENTPs seem to need to be rational, ENFPs seem to think it is an optional tool.

This makes me lean towards ENTP more...I'm definitely more social than personal - I have only a few very close friends and a great many very not-close friends. And I wouldn't describe myself as senselessly silly - usually when I'm silly it's with a distinct social goal in mind.

If I had a client I knew was guilty of murder...it depends. The answer you're probably looking for, I'd definitely make a moral call, I don't think I could straight up ignore it. If I for some reason thought they were morally justified committing the murder, or that it was not evil enough to merit the punishment, I would be willing to defend them even if I knew that they had technically committed the crime.

Another one that I didn't mention that from the replies seems to indicate T rather than F; although emotions affect me very strongly, they affect me internally and I don't like sharing them with people.

And yes, Tzatziki as in the cucumber sauce :) I love Greek food!

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
This makes me lean towards ENTP more...I'm definitely more social than personal - I have only a few very close friends and a great many very not-close friends. And I wouldn't describe myself as senselessly silly - usually when I'm silly it's with a distinct social goal in mind.

If I had a client I knew was guilty of murder...it depends. The answer you're probably looking for, I'd definitely make a moral call, I don't think I could straight up ignore it. If I for some reason thought they were morally justified committing the murder, or that it was not evil enough to merit the punishment, I would be willing to defend them even if I knew that they had technically committed the crime.

Another one that I didn't mention that from the replies seems to indicate T rather than F; although emotions affect me very strongly, they affect me internally and I don't like sharing them with people.

And yes, Tzatziki as in the cucumber sauce :) I love Greek food!

So objectivly speaking it is immoral, but you are willing to sacrifice your reputation as a lawyer by being the accused ones beneficial judge for your own values sake.

Isn't this Fi?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yeh, that sounds very Fi. Especially this part.

If I for some reason thought they were morally justified committing the murder, or that it was not evil enough to merit the punishment, I would be willing to defend them even if I knew that they had technically committed the crime.

Some people would call that the definition of Fi. Personal values over the views of the society/state/law/etc.

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE

Some people would call that the definition of Fi. Personal values over the views of the society/state/law/etc.

Thanks for that, my dilemma is less of one now.

And thanks Jag for the quiz that provoked the solution for it

Tzatziki

MBTI Type
ENTP

Interesting, so that would lean back more towards ENFP then?

Although I have to say that in general I'd say I hold societies' views as more important than my own, in social situations and such. I'm not at all conservative (quite the opposite), but I'm very in to formal etiquette and such.

But as far as the law goes I'm pretty consequentialist. I can't stand zero tolerance policies, and I think the legal system needs many more shades of gray. I don't think it's possible to write a set of laws that are both objective and fair. So yeah, I guess that I'd make my decision based on my own view of what an ideal legal system would look like, rather than the laws as they actually stand.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ right me too.... how interesting.

and you fusetah? what have you figured out?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFP-like:
-I have a hard time letting go in relationships. This is the one that made me wonder about my type, because supposedly ENTPs are supposed to be good at this? And I'm reaaaally not. I always think everything's my fault, and am always trying to fix a relationship when it's way past fixing
ENFP-like, Fi + Si

-I care a lot about the way other people think of me. In every social situation I'm constantly thinking about the way I want to present myself and trying to adapt to that ideal image, and I'm usually very good at it.
Not ENFP-like, at all.

Ne + Fe, all the way.

-I'm always my happiest when I make other people happy. I love playing host at a party. At my most introverted, I love watching my friends enjoy themselves even if I'm not having a good time.
ENFP-like, Ne + Fi

-I need validation from other people about my talent/charity/etc. If I do something for someone and don't get praise or thanks my first instinct is to worry that I've offended or misread them
Not ENFP-like.

Fe, all the way

All in all, you seem like an ENTP, to me.

:cheers:

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
Interesting, so that would lean back more towards ENFP then?

Although I have to say that in general I'd say I hold societies' views as more important than my own, in social situations and such. I'm not at all conservative (quite the opposite), but I'm very in to formal etiquette and such.

But as far as the law goes I'm pretty consequentialist. I can't stand zero tolerance policies, and I think the legal system needs many more shades of gray. I don't think it's possible to write a set of laws that are both objective and fair. So yeah, I guess that I'd make my decision based on my own view of what an ideal legal system would look like, rather than the laws as they actually stand.

Your and ENTP if you feel the need to string random words together (specifically things) to sound interesting, think Beck, and your jokes are full of irony and nuance.

ex: saying, I like carpet munchers to a female.

Does that sound like you?

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
Your and ENTP if you feel the need to string random words together (specifically things) to sound interesting, think Beck, and your jokes are full of irony and nuance.

ex: saying, I like carpet munchers to a female.

Does that sound like you?

This makes no sense to me

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah me either haha

and...behind bars? that's so sad :( were you a naughty monkey?

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
we will get you a translator

Edit: so I am not making sense to anyone. Cool

I see ENTPs as the most random NT, on this thread at least.
Observation. In that they say weird things, to shock people and try to act funny a lot.
Nevermind... maybe no one gets me.

Edit again: I just wanted to say carpet muncher.

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Not trying to propagate my own species, but have you considered ENFJ-ness? We have a lot in common!

That aside, no, you're not an ENFP. I'd go with ENTP out of the two.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
we will get you a translator

Edit: so I am not making sense to anyone. Cool

I see ENTPs as the most random NT, on this thread at least.
Observation. In that they say weird things, to shock people and try to act funny a lot.
Nevermind... maybe no one gets me.

Edit again: I just wanted to say carpet muncher.

this post is funny...

but all of the enfps i know like to shock people and be funny and say crass things for the fun of it...i do know what a carpet muncher is and i get you wanting to say it...just wasn't sure what you were asking with that post. :)

Tzatziki

MBTI Type
ENTP
Not trying to propagate my own species, but have you considered ENFJ-ness? We have a lot in common!

That aside, no, you're not an ENFP. I'd go with ENTP out of the two.

ENFJ stereotypes describe me until I get to "usually tend to be well-organized". I consider myself very unorganized and spontaneous, and the neatness of my room right now (or rather, lack of it) speaks to that as well. :)

Also, I'm not good at bringing out shy people/getting the best from people. I'm very attracted to sociable, passionate people, and I tend to just ignore those who aren't because they seem uninteresting to me (whether or not that's actually the case).

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
this post is funny...

but all of the enfps i know like to shock people and be funny and say crass things for the fun of it...i do know what a carpet muncher is and i get you wanting to say it...just wasn't sure what you were asking with that post. :)

I can't explain it anymore then I already have. Online, anyway, if it doesn't make sense then so be it.

not sure about OP's status I think it is going to take him a while to figure it out.

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
I can't explain it anymore then I already have. Online, anyway, if it doesn't make sense then so be it.

not sure about OP's status I think it is going to take him a while to figure it out.

Why? He has already ruled out 14 types withing less then 5 posts. That is pretty fast imho