User Tag List

First 4567 Last

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Pop Quiz:

You're in pre-law class. The professor singles you out and asks:
    "If you knew for certain your client was guilty of murder, could you defend him?"
    Weird. I didn't even hesitate on this question with my yes. Everyone has the right to quality legal counsel. And I would kind of enjoy the challenge. (Meanwhile, if he/she did get off, I would try to make a point of making sure the person turned his/her life around, did something to make it right. Well, not right, exactly, because a person is dead due to his/her actions, but feel the weight of their actions and learn from it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tzatziki View Post
    I've just begun to explore the idea of typing (I'm a Neuroscience major but I've started to become interested in Psychology as well), and I'm trying to decide how to type myself.

I've never been officially tested, but I've mostly scored as ENTP in the basic online tests. However, they score me right on the edge (45/55% or closer), and I notice I have some traits of both personalities:

ENTP-like:
    -I Love to argue, and I play devils advocate constantly. I always argue logically, even in the context of relationships, and I pride myself on never raising my voice.
    -I'm not sure if this is ENTP, but someone in another thread described this - I'm not confrontational in an uncomfortable situation - I'd rather brush it off, leave and not say anything if I'm offended
    -I'm always trying to fix people's problems. When someone cries I'm not always good at comforting them - my first instinct is, what's wrong and how can we fix it, and I'm not so good at the "everything's ok"
    -I value competence/skill above all else. I always try to make friends with people who are passionate about something (even if its something weird), and I'm attracted most strongly to people who dedicate themselves to becoming skillful at something, be it sports, arts, etc.
    -I'm hypercompetitive. I don't have to win to be happy, but I have to be at my best. I get far more satisfaction out of narrowly losing to someone thats better than me at a sport than I do at beating someone who's worse. I can't stand when people play around and don't take something seriously.

ENFP-like:
    -I have a hard time letting go in relationships. This is the one that made me wonder about my type, because supposedly ENTPs are supposed to be good at this? And I'm reaaaally not. I always think everything's my fault, and am always trying to fix a relationship when it's way past fixing.
    -I care a lot about the way other people think of me. In every social situation I'm constantly thinking about the way I want to present myself and trying to adapt to that ideal image, and I'm usually very good at it.
    -I'm always my happiest when I make other people happy. I love playing host at a party. At my most introverted, I love watching my friends enjoy themselves even if I'm not having a good time.
    -I need validation from other people about my talent/charity/etc. If I do something for someone and don't get praise or thanks my first instinct is to worry that I've offended or misread them.

I'd greatly appreciate any ideas or insights! Thanks!

Nick
    ENTP without a doubt, albeit with a sweet sense of Fe. See bolded, underlined, highlighted stuff above. Welcome to the clan. I always picture the NT'ers as being down and to the right of this area of the forum for some reason.

Go find onemoretime and make Ti love together!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/as...velop_old.html

I don't really think you're an ENFP...I don't see any evidence of Fi over Fe. You just seem to be a very charming ENTP.

The cognitive functions test will give you an idea of which exact functions you prefer, instead of just spitting out a MBTT type.

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

Quote Originally Posted by fusetah View Post
    Thanks for that, my dilemma is less of one now.
    And thanks Jag for the quiz that provoked the solution for it
    You're welcome.

Ages ago I was in pre-law. The "pop quiz" I posted was the exact question my professor asked me in front of the class.
    The speed with which one answers is as revealing as the actual answer itself.

There is no right answer, but there is a right answer for each of us.
    Food for thought.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
    http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/as...velop_old.html

I don't really think you're an ENFP...I don't see any evidence of Fi over Fe. You just seem to be a very charming ENTP.

The cognitive functions test will give you an idea of which exact functions you prefer, instead of just spitting out a MBTT type.
    Based on your ranked responses to the 120 phrases...

[gah, can't c/p this, but:

22 bars of Ne (I double checked every single one rofl)
    18 bars of Ti
    10 bars of Fe
    9 bars of Fi
    9 bars of Se
    2 bars of Si
    2 bars of Ni
    2 bars of Te

]

Your Possible Type Code
    According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:

Possible result: ENTP

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.

ENTP sounds right to me!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tzatziki View Post

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.

Welcome to the world of Fe/Ti, you crazy ENTP, you.

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

You are in school right now studying "Neuroscience" but you said you were interested in "Psychology" Neuro, is pretty cerebral, a lot of neurotransmitters flying around, and pons, medullas, synapses, rats, homrones. It's pretty much a thinkers domain.

If you are immersed in that stuff right now (brain science) then it is understandable that your T is strong. I would retest again after you graduate. Or maybe when you feel passionate about something humanistic. My point being, school could be influencing your perceptions of yourself towards T.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by hermeticdancer View Post
    You are in school right now studying "Neuroscience" but you said you were interested in "Psychology" Neuro, is pretty cerebral, a lot of neurotransmitters flying around, and pons, medullas, synapses, rats, homrones. It's pretty much a thinkers domain.

If you are immersed in that stuff right now (brain science) then it is understandable that your T is strong. I would retest again after you graduate. Or maybe when you feel passionate about something humanistic. My point being, you could be an ENFP, male is close on the T/F.
    Good point.
    I was just reading an article on the type of law students before and after (and during, I think) school. When I was working on my degree in Philosophy,my T went through the roof! And then it settled back down to nonexistent
    Now thar I'm back in school studying a T-oriented subject, my T scores jump back up. BUT, never higher than Fe/Ni, ever.

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

MBTI
    SEXY

The caring about what other people think about me and the need of validation are things I've also got.
    (removed)