• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the way I'm wasting my life...

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
One of the main things makes me forget my preoccupation, give me brain energy and enthusiasm is continue research about new things, future program, build a detailed multi-tangent plan to investigate all sides of the big picture in my mind to achieve it in the best way. But then, when the research is done, I change rapidly my big idea without put it in practice because is the process and the investigation my main interest, and then I find a new future program and I restart to investigate and reasearch...endlessy... So I'm wasting my time and my life in empty thought, daydreaming and procrastination...

An example: two weeks ago... "Oh... I could be a professional photographer!!". Come on!
I start searching the web about photo courses in university and so on...
then I compare them... and start thinking about the cities where the courses are... I could go there... let me see how much an apartment costs... then I should looking for photo camera and accessories... and I go in the web for review of all reflex camera... then I need a new pc for professional photoshop and a big monitor... and so on...

When I have a clear big picture in my mind, and I have analysed all sides of the question, I get bored or I am distracted by a new big idea and I start a new research...
Now my brain is thinking to sell my house and buy a new one...
In 10 days' time... probably I will find a new project...

1. Am I completely crazy?
2. Which type could do this?
3. Anyone can relate to this?
4. Any career I could consider to make something good with this odd "behaviour"? :doh:

Thank you.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i think a lot of people are similar to you.
i also get bored with things very quickly too.

have you ever thought about being a career counselor for young people/teens, or working with a job-placement company to find jobs and careers for other people? it seems like if you can get enthused quickly about different new projects, and research them, you might be good at that. and maybe by helping other people find jobs and a place for themself you could learn more about what you want to do.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
1. Just haven't decided yet, right? ;)

2. Every single one. :)

3. Do you really feel you have time doing this? :devil:

4. Project manager. xD Of any kind.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of the main things makes me forgive my preoccupation, give me brain energy and enthusiasm is continue research about new things, future program, build a detailed multi-tangent plan to investigate all sides of the big picture in my mind to achieve it in the best way. But then, when the research is done, I change rapidly my big idea without put it in practice because is the process and the investigation my main interest, and then I find a new future program and I restart to investigate and reasearch...endlessy... So I'm wasting my time and my life in empty thought, daydreaming and procrastination...

An example: two weeks ago... "Oh... I could be a professional photographer!!". Come on!
I start searching the web about photo courses in university and so on...
then I compare them... and start thinking about the cities where the courses are... I could go there... let me see how much an apartment costs... then I should looking for photo camera and accessories... and I go in the web for review of all reflex camera... then I need a new pc for professional photoshop and a big monitor... and so on...

When I have a clear big picture in my mind, and I have analysed all sides of the question, I get bored or I am distracted by a new big idea and I start a new research...
Now my brain is thinking to sell my house and buy a new one...
In 10 days' time... probably I will find a new project...

1. Am I completely crazy?
2. Which type could do this?
3. Anyone can relate to this?
4. Any career I could consider to make something good with this odd "behaviour"? :doh:

Thank you.

that is exactly me :( but...sometimes things stick
so...i have to say enfp but maybe entps are that way too..

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Thank you for your input!

I usually struggle between INTP and ENTP... Maybe I have a borderline I/E.
I could be an "introverted" entp, or a sort of "add" intp? :shock:

Because if I have to define my type about letters I am more intp. I like to be alone often and I am quite shy and self-contained with people, generally, if they are not very close.

But if I look at the function I think I am leaded more by NE, the "possibilities stream" and then I use TI for analyse and reduce or order them in rational way.

If I don't understand bad, NE > TI is more about "from general to particular" (synthesis string of various information in a clear understanding) and TI > NE from "particular to general" (analysing in details part of the system and then try to explain the whole).

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP. The jumping around to different interests and getting bored as soon as something newer creates more excitement is stereotypically E__P.

EN_P is more likely to daydream about a lot of different possibilities but never bother acting on them than ES_P, so ENFP and ENTP are the two types most likely to do this.

You sound very ENTP.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Have you considered to work in the communications branch ? I dont know if that is what it is called in english but the guys who work there are doing anything from movies to audio recordings for entertainment or advertizing. They are like in a desperate need of a constant idea flow to fuel their endeavours.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Have you considered to work in the communications branch ? I dont know if that is what it is called in english but the guys who work there are doing anything from movies to audio recordings for entertainment or advertizing. They are like in a desperate need of a constant idea flow to fuel their endeavours.

Thanks entropie,
I like reading this! Years ago I quit the university because of personal and family issues. But now I'm really thinking to get a major and my firsts choiches are really in communications. I am considering Economy focused in Marketing, or "pure" communication studies (semiotics, new media etc...). I like more the latter, but maybe with marketing I would have more possibilities to find a acceptable work.
I'm happy to hear that my choice could be good for my "brain tendencies" :)
Bye!