User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.3)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.1)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40.3)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************************** (40.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************** ** (52.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) **** (4.5)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************** (17.9)
    limited use

It comes out INTP, but not by a lot. From the way I understand functional dynamics, I fit Ni/Te better than Ti/Ne. Even then, my auxillary function is under developed. I make models in my head of how the world should work, then I try to use them to deal with the external world. I don't observe and build models from my observations.

If you look at P/J on its own, I'm P because I'm less organized and planned, and fairly flexible. However, this is where the MBTI system is flawed. P/J is not a characteristic, it's a preference.

Is it possible to be an INTP under the Myers-Briggs system and an INTj under Jung's system? That seems to be most accurate.

This is annoying the ever-loving crap out of me. I can't identify as INTx. I want to know. I also want to be confident in my answer. I can't stand being undecided about this, and it bothers me that the systems don't appear to accord with one another.

I need everything to fit into a catagory. I can't stand it when things don't obey systems and theories. Gah.

I'm going to read more Jung now.
    "Having is not such a pleasing thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." --Spock

MBTI: INTP
    Enneagram: 5w6 - SP/SX
    Oldham: Solitary, Idiosyncratic

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I'm rather messy (messy being distinct from dirty; i am somewhat dirt phobic) and my room is disorganized until every few weeks when it is perfectly overhauled. I am a procrastinator at heart. I am not always on time like a Good Little J.

I am more comfortable getting a heads up on what's coming. I need to know things and let it settle in my brain before I get stuff thrown at me. I get stressed otherwise (unless I have a pre-programmed response in my head with the INTJ contingency planning).
    I like to make lists. I plan my courses for school semesters in advance. I constantly plan out my future and am most at peace when things are structured in my environment.

I don't look like a J until you look a little deeper. Can you relate?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Schizm View Post
    Well, Ni is actually a left-brained function.

I just realized that I am an INTJ 5w4. I try to use both sides of my brain equally.
    Isn't Ni associated with ENXJ and INXJ types? And Ne is associated with ENXP and INXP types? So Ni would be left and Ne would be right.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
    Is it possible to be an INTP under the Myers-Briggs system and an INTj under Jung's system? That seems to be most accurate.
    Yes, it is, actually it is the same thing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    In that case, I feel better. The world is at peace again. My anxiety is quelled. Thank you.

INTP, INTj.
    "Having is not such a pleasing thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." --Spock

MBTI: INTP
    Enneagram: 5w6 - SP/SX
    Oldham: Solitary, Idiosyncratic

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

I think you're confusing either Jung or MBTI with that socionics hooplah I see people going on about on this forum.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I think you're confusing either Jung or MBTI with that socionics hooplah I see people going on about on this forum.
    Are we not talking about Socionics? I thought the question was if MBTI INTP = Socionics INTj, and it is true. The reason I assumed she was referring to Socionics, is that I know only one kind of INTj, the Socionics kind. I didn't care to mention that she wrongly refers to it as Jung.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Are we not talking about Socionics? I thought the question was if MBTI INTP = Socionics INTj, and it is true. The reason I assumed she was referring to Socionics, is that I know only one kind of INTj, the Socionics kind. I didn't care to mention that she wrongly refers to it as Jung.
    I'm confused now.

I demand clarification from the OP! Chop chop!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i think she was separating mbti and cognitive functions into two differently working systems. she wasn't talking about socionics at all.

problem is, they're the same system. so she's technically INTJ.

If you look at P/J on its own, I'm P because I'm less organized and planned, and fairly flexible. However, this is where the MBTI system is flawed.
    Urchin, you can't look at P/J on its own...that's the problem. P/J ONLY has to do with whether or not your perceiving and judging functions are extroverted or introverted.

this caused me a great deal of confusion as well because i identify much more with descriptions of P than those of J (this is why you can't trust descriptions that treat MBTI as four independent binary oppositions). anyone somewhat new to MBTI would type me as a P right away. but with correctly applied theory, i'm a blatant J.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

actually i guess you could separately define MBTI and jung, where MBTI is four independant oppositions and jung is cognitive function interactions.

but if you define it that way, MBTI is a pretty crappy system.