Thread: Am I a T?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Am I a T?

I've been playing with the idea and talking to a few people about it. Am I a T? Why or why not?

Ask questions... and I'll answer.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

no

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes, I think you are ISTP. We first bonded over me making fun of Fi. You seem detached and perplexed by people who don't respond to what seems to be reasonable, impersonal argumentation. You don't seem to make many values-based decisions, except whatever natural reason dictates should make sense.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

You're an F to a tee.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    You're an F to a tee.
    Why?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

My vote is T (but you already knew that ). You should make a poll BC. Ya know, so we can be all scientific about dis shit up in here, yo.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

No T would pick his avatar under their own free-will. Not even as a joke.

And he reminds me of laid-back ISFPs, that seem a little like Ts cuz they're pretty easy-going and steady.

I'm not exactly a BlackCat fanboy though, maybe he does real Ti stuff I don't see.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

The times we talked, you displayed a greater understanding and use of Fi than I've ever seen from a T. However, I do find in my own experience and personal growth that the more you understand and channel Fi properly, the closer it comes to T. It is a system afterall, and once you are able to step outside of those emotions once they've served their purpose, you tend to become detached from them and use them as tools to further the goal. So perhaps that is causing the confusion

Add to that that you're a 9, if memory serves, which prefer things to be smooth and calm, instead of intense and well..emo, that with your S would explain your laid-back nature and ability to laugh at yourself easier, as well as your irritation with those that do get hung up on typically Fi-things.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    And he reminds me of laid-back ISFPs, that seem a little like Ts cuz they're pretty easy-going and steady.
    See, I think that this may be clouding people's perceptions of me. This exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    What made you doubt your an F?
    I'm just not that motivated by feelings that much. My main motivator is logic. This, plus all of what simulated has said.

But again. Could the fact that I'm just easy going, steady, and realistic make me appear to be more T like? Some of my mental processes can resemble Ti, but I'm not too sure if this is again just realism.

I also disvalue letting emotions get the best of me, or anyone else. I can't deal with a lot of F's, especially the NFs I've met. They are just too irrational. I dislike irrational and unreasonable people; and most of the people who I've met who have been like this have been far too emotional.

But perhaps this isn't that I'm a T, but that I grew up with an insanely unhealthy ENFJ. Maybe I learned to disvalue emotion from that. I saw the results of expressing too much emotion and being irrational, and didn't want to do that from a very young age. But I'm not sure that I'm a T.

Yet I still think that I could be one. But it just seems really unclear, and it doesn't seem right.

This may all have to do with the enneagram. I'm not a heart triad type, so I don't appear to be a typical F. I'm not a type 4 ISFP, so I don't seem like a typical one. With 9w8s, the 8 part disvalues and trivializes emotion. I may not appear to be an Fi dom, because people's perceptions of Fi are that of 4's.

Another thing for F is like amargith said. I understand and apply Fi pretty well in my daily life. This Ti that is perceived by myself could just be realism.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)