• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I a T?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ts usually know they're Ts, I've found. And male ISFPs don't really seem like Fs, seem unflappable and such because they're such chill dudes. Like Han Solo.

This is true, the male Fs I know dont come off very much as Fs, even the ENFJs.

B

brainheart

Which:

- I have a need to live a life of purpose, do something meaningful and good.

- I have a need to make contact with the structural potential of a situation and to have an effect on its material possibilities.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If it weren't for your videos and photographs, I could see you as a possible T, but as it is, I think you're a Feeler who just happens to be a sensible and logical human being. That really isn't as strange as the MBTI seems to imply. Almost everyone tries to use their brain to the best of their ability, and using your brain is inseparable from emotions and values. The only question is whether you try to detach from your feelings, in favor a more impersonal framework, or embrace them as crucial guides to life.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Two great posts by Amargith here.

Fi is the filter that organizes what comes in via all the senses, distills it and creates hypotheses about people and situations. Thus you can test these possible theories and create scenarios - through observation, or to "play" in a sense - to get enough data with which to make sounder and more accurate conclusions. In order to try to assess what's correct ... how to help, how to proceed.

I'm voting F. ...

If an Fi user can manage that, then emotions can become only one factor in deciding, and may not even be the most important one. F, but not emotional.

That is an excellent thought Udog. I think that way as well - I feel my feelings, but they are a factor, not necessarily an overriding one.

Don't let your rationality regarding emotions lead you to decide you don't process them similarly.

I think too this is more of an enneagram issue - 9 wing and all...

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
imo F.

your "feel" reminds me of wolfy in some ways, who also manages to come across as an F without being all "crazy F".

actually my bf is like that too. I thought he was istp until I got him to take the test early on, and he's literally the most calm and laidback person I know...but definitely isfp now that I know him better.

VagrantFarce

I'm just not that motivated by feelings that much. My main motivator is logic.

blarghgle

why are you doubting this

OK, tell us why you previously decided on Fi.

Do you bottle your feelings down when tired/stressed, or do you gorge on them? :D

JocktheMotie said:
Ts usually know they're Ts, I've found.

that's bollocks :D

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ts usually know they're Ts, I've found. And male ISFPs don't really seem like Fs, seem unflappable and such because they're such chill dudes. Like Han Solo.

:shock:
HAN SOLO IS NOT A F!!:steam::doh:(shocked)

But for the rest I agree:D, elsewhere, females thinkers are easily mistyped as F.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
:shock:
HAN SOLO IS NOT A F!!:steam::doh:(shocked)

But for the rest I agree:D, elsewhere, females thinkers are easily mistyped as F.

Who are you kidding? "Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking nerf herder" is basically the definition of ISFP men.

VagrantFarce

Who are you kidding? "Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking nerf herder" is basically the definition of ISFP men.

Han Solo is ISTP

tattoo that to your forehead :D

here's a male ISFP:

[youtube=rsIsGiRbwLA]ISFP[/youtube]

[youtube=O1BQH52pmM4]ISFP[/youtube]

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Show me the Ti!

Until then...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPd-z22GW-Y"]I disagree![/YOUTUBE]

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
blarghgle

I'm asking this more to get some other perspectives, and to prove a certain couple of people wrong. :D

Thanks for the opinions by the way. Especially the thoughtful "No"s with absolutely no explanation.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm just not that motivated by feelings that much. My main motivator is logic.

I really, really need things to make sense before I act, and I'm definitely not one to rely wholly on feelings, for the simple fact that many are transient.

I also disvalue letting emotions get the best of me, or anyone else. I can't deal with a lot of F's, especially the NFs I've met. They are just too irrational. I dislike irrational and unreasonable people; and most of the people who I've met who have been like this have been far too emotional.

I don't deal terribly well with dramatic, really outwardly emotional, irrational people either. But, one of the most dramatic, bordering on irrational, people I've ever encountered was an NT. EVERY type is capable of irrationality, just as every type is capable of rationality. Take that for what it's worth.

Also, given your thread, I'm thinking I could easily post a thread inquiring into whether I'm a T, for many of the same reasons you think you might be a T. :devil:

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Am I a T? Why or why not?

You're whatever you want to be! I'll be proud of you no matter what:)

Seriously though, how long until you are a self-proclaimed ESTJ? You're getting there, one step at a time.

INFP. ISTP. Quite a big difference.

Be INFP again! It's the big man's club, and I'm tired of having to not relate to you.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't deal terribly well with dramatic, really outwardly emotional, irrational people either. But, one of the most dramatic, bordering on irrational, people I've ever encountered was an NT. EVERY type is capable of irrationality, just as every type is capable of rationality. Take that for what it's worth.

Yep. There is the conflated idea that T's are somehow in control of their emotions or unemotional. Ha! I assure you it is quite the opposite. INTJ's tend to be fairly in control and ENTJ's are too simple-minded to have complex emotions, but many of the other NT's are total whack jobs.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It's really up to you if you're a T or not. I don't think you are, you seem to have a key interest in cognition so it would make sense after all of this self-researching and discovery you would not want to associate with the stigmas of being an F, since you feel like being over-emotional is icky and don't have that trait. I am an F and I am not over-emotional, but I still make decisions primarily through a filter that values harmony over most other things. I'm still capable of factoring in those other things but they aren't on the front lines of my decision-making most of the time so-to-speak. So, look at what you are at the core and decide what fits you best. What do you make decisions with primarily?

I don't think asking people on any forum about my type is a good indicator btw, we tend to build some sort of facade through our writing whether we want to or not, especially on a mbti site where our posting 'image' is sub/consciously being compared with our display type by everyone.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is mostly an enneagram issue. I'm not a heart triad type, so I'm not a typical F. For you cascadeco, you're a 5, so we probably relate because of that.

People's impressions of types are greatly influenced by the typical enneagram types that accompany them. It's no surprise that I would appear to be ISTP like to some because I'm not a 4.

This is basically a facade. I have no doubt in my mind that I'm an F. I'm just trying to prove a point.

B

brainheart

This is mostly an enneagram issue. I'm not a heart triad type, so I'm not a typical F. For you cascadeco, you're a 5, so we probably relate because of that.

People's impressions of types are greatly influenced by the typical enneagram types that accompany them. It's no surprise that I would appear to be ISTP like to some because I'm not a 4.

This is basically a facade. I have no doubt in my mind that I'm an F. I'm just trying to prove a point.

Interesting. What's the point?

I don't see how being a heart triad type necessarily makes you a 'typical' F. I'm an enneagram 4 and I suppose thanks to the heavy five wing I feel like the most atypical F ever, as in I doubt it regularly, especially after watching videos of female IXFPs. I am pretty blunt and not soft-spoken and as opinionated as all get out. I'm more like the male Fs, but I'm a female. :doh:

I don't think there's necessarily typical anything, anywhere. It's just a matter of what fits you best.