User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Am I a T?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post

HAN SOLO IS NOT A F!!:steam:(shocked)

But for the rest I agree, elsewhere, females thinkers are easily mistyped as F.
    Who are you kidding? "Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking nerf herder" is basically the definition of ISFP men.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Who are you kidding? "Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking nerf herder" is basically the definition of ISFP men.
    Han Solo is ISTP

tattoo that to your forehead

here's a male ISFP:

[youtube=rsIsGiRbwLA]ISFP[/youtube]

[youtube=O1BQH52pmM4]ISFP[/youtube]
    Hello

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Show me the Ti!

Until then...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPd-z22GW-Y"]I disagree![/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    blarghgle
    I'm asking this more to get some other perspectives, and to prove a certain couple of people wrong.

Thanks for the opinions by the way. Especially the thoughtful "No"s with absolutely no explanation.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post

I'm just not that motivated by feelings that much. My main motivator is logic.
    I really, really need things to make sense before I act, and I'm definitely not one to rely wholly on feelings, for the simple fact that many are transient.

I also disvalue letting emotions get the best of me, or anyone else. I can't deal with a lot of F's, especially the NFs I've met. They are just too irrational. I dislike irrational and unreasonable people; and most of the people who I've met who have been like this have been far too emotional.
    I don't deal terribly well with dramatic, really outwardly emotional, irrational people either. But, one of the most dramatic, bordering on irrational, people I've ever encountered was an NT. EVERY type is capable of irrationality, just as every type is capable of rationality. Take that for what it's worth.

Also, given your thread, I'm thinking I could easily post a thread inquiring into whether I'm a T, for many of the same reasons you think you might be a T.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Am I a T? Why or why not?
    You're whatever you want to be! I'll be proud of you no matter what

Seriously though, how long until you are a self-proclaimed ESTJ? You're getting there, one step at a time.

INFP. ISTP. Quite a big difference.

Be INFP again! It's the big man's club, and I'm tired of having to not relate to you.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I don't deal terribly well with dramatic, really outwardly emotional, irrational people either. But, one of the most dramatic, bordering on irrational, people I've ever encountered was an NT. EVERY type is capable of irrationality, just as every type is capable of rationality. Take that for what it's worth.
    Yep. There is the conflated idea that T's are somehow in control of their emotions or unemotional. Ha! I assure you it is quite the opposite. INTJ's tend to be fairly in control and ENTJ's are too simple-minded to have complex emotions, but many of the other NT's are total whack jobs.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's really up to you if you're a T or not. I don't think you are, you seem to have a key interest in cognition so it would make sense after all of this self-researching and discovery you would not want to associate with the stigmas of being an F, since you feel like being over-emotional is icky and don't have that trait. I am an F and I am not over-emotional, but I still make decisions primarily through a filter that values harmony over most other things. I'm still capable of factoring in those other things but they aren't on the front lines of my decision-making most of the time so-to-speak. So, look at what you are at the core and decide what fits you best. What do you make decisions with primarily?

I don't think asking people on any forum about my type is a good indicator btw, we tend to build some sort of facade through our writing whether we want to or not, especially on a mbti site where our posting 'image' is sub/consciously being compared with our display type by everyone.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This is mostly an enneagram issue. I'm not a heart triad type, so I'm not a typical F. For you cascadeco, you're a 5, so we probably relate because of that.

People's impressions of types are greatly influenced by the typical enneagram types that accompany them. It's no surprise that I would appear to be ISTP like to some because I'm not a 4.

This is basically a facade. I have no doubt in my mind that I'm an F. I'm just trying to prove a point.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

brainheart

This is mostly an enneagram issue. I'm not a heart triad type, so I'm not a typical F. For you cascadeco, you're a 5, so we probably relate because of that.

People's impressions of types are greatly influenced by the typical enneagram types that accompany them. It's no surprise that I would appear to be ISTP like to some because I'm not a 4.

This is basically a facade. I have no doubt in my mind that I'm an F. I'm just trying to prove a point.
    Interesting. What's the point?

I don't see how being a heart triad type necessarily makes you a 'typical' F. I'm an enneagram 4 and I suppose thanks to the heavy five wing I feel like the most atypical F ever, as in I doubt it regularly, especially after watching videos of female IXFPs. I am pretty blunt and not soft-spoken and as opinionated as all get out. I'm more like the male Fs, but I'm a female.

I don't think there's necessarily typical anything, anywhere. It's just a matter of what fits you best.