Thread: Am I a T?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    However, I do find in my own experience and personal growth that the more you understand and channel Fi properly, the closer it comes to T.
    That's really interesting. Can you elaborate a bit on it?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'm just not that motivated by feelings that much. My main motivator is logic. This, plus all of what simulated has said.

But again. Could the fact that I'm just easy going, steady, and realistic make me appear to be more T like? Some of my mental processes can resemble Ti, but I'm not too sure if this is again just realism.

I also disvalue letting emotions get the best of me, or anyone else. I can't deal with a lot of F's, especially the NFs I've met. They are just too irrational. I dislike irrational and unreasonable people; and most of the people who I've met who have been like this have been far too emotional.

But perhaps this isn't that I'm a T, but that I grew up with an insanely unhealthy ENFJ. Maybe I learned to disvalue emotion from that. I saw the results of expressing too much emotion and being irrational, and didn't want to do that from a very young age. But I'm not sure that I'm a T.

Yet I still think that I could be one. But it just seems really unclear, and it doesn't seem right.

This may all have to do with the enneagram. I'm not a heart triad type, so I don't appear to be a typical F. I'm not a type 4 ISFP, so I don't seem like a typical one. With 9w8s, the 8 part disvalues and trivializes emotion. I may not appear to be an Fi dom, because people's perceptions of Fi are that of 4's.

Another thing for F is like amargith said. I understand and apply Fi pretty well in my daily life.
    Hmmm. Yes I see. But some of the points you put down are a bit invalid. I can see Fi being annoyed with Fe. They don't always harmonise. And enneagram 9 seems somewhat effective for an Fi user. Why are you into psychology? Also, What function do you think it was that made you uncertain of your type?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yes. A T is an I with a roof over it.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    That's really interesting. Can you elaborate a bit on it?
    Fi is a system, much like Ti. Though emotions may fuel it, it works best when those are channeled and processed without being overwhelmed by them. In fact, if you are aware an emotion is influencing you and consciously ride it out till you notice you're no longer overwhelmed, you're able to step back and look at the emotion itself, without being influenced by it, giving you an idea of how it works and why it impacts you so. you can manipulate it. Play with it. Testride it. Put it in a different context, put a spin on it, see what effect it has when you add another emotion in the mix, you name it. And given enough practice, it allows you to intervene next time that particular emotion pops up in a situation where it's not productive. Or, if it is, how to enhance it to create more effect.

You start to understand the 'process' and 'inner workings' of a particular emotion, and start to see the cause and effect of that particular emotion in a specific context. Once you have that data, people start making 'emotional sense' as you can see the emotional building blocks behind their actions.

At least, that's how I experience it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Watching your videos before, and the way you expounded the theory just seemed so T[P]. But I don't really know much about male ISFP's, so couldn't figure if it might have been compatible with that type.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No, I still think you're a young NF who likes to re-evaluate himself often.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Ts usually know they're Ts, I've found. And male ISFPs don't really seem like Fs, seem unflappable and such because they're such chill dudes. Like Han Solo.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I've been playing with the idea and talking to a few people about it. Am I a T? Why or why not?

Ask questions... and I'll answer.
    I'm voting F. I felt that ISFP or INFP could work for you, but I'm having a hard time seeing you as an ISTP. It's possible that you are reflecting an ISTP shadow in response to your mom.

Of course, we know how this will play out. Even if F wins out, you'll still end up going to T because it "feels right" or something! :p

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Yes, I think you are ISTP. We first bonded over me making fun of Fi. You seem detached and perplexed by people who don't respond to what seems to be reasonable, impersonal argumentation. You don't seem to make many values-based decisions, except whatever natural reason dictates should make sense.
    The first part doesn't mean he's not Fi, though. I don't know enough about BC's latest decisions to comment the on rest of it, so you might be onto something with your last point.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    However, I do find in my own experience and personal growth that the more you understand and channel Fi properly, the closer it comes to T.
    I think there's truth to this. It's a matter of contextualizing emotions. If an Fi user can manage that, then emotions can become only one factor in deciding, and may not even be the most important one. F, but not emotional.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

But perhaps this isn't that I'm a T, but that I grew up with an insanely unhealthy ENFJ. Maybe I learned to disvalue emotion from that. I saw the results of expressing too much emotion and being irrational, and didn't want to do that from a very young age. But I'm not sure that I'm a T.
    I don't know you, so I can't put in my vote, but that could definitely be a huge factor in why someone seems more *T,* than your average *F.* I grew up in a whole bowl of unhealthy, especially with an unhealthy ENFP, and that's pounded into my head that following emotions leads to nothing but bad things, and I desperately resist other people's attempts to make me feel ANYthing, and when I deal with my own emotions outside of Fe, it's in a very Ti fashion.

However, I don't think anyone would ever confuse me for a *T,* so there must be something more to it than that.

I agree though, most ISFP males I've know how been very stable and laid-back, so if you combined that with an overdeveloped Twhatever, that could definitely cause some confusion.

Good luck on your quest!

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Yes. A T is an I with a roof over it.