• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing children

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you feel you struggle between your Ti and Fe a bit? If my Ti is peeking out, I feel it hates my Fe and what it stands for. During college, I think it's safe to say I relied on Ti a bit in my studies and that was the time when I would occasionally test INTP. There were points that I hated anything "F-like" because I viewed it as weak, irrational, and unstable. Sometimes I feel like a walking contridiction.

:) I can relate. Sometimes when I'm being more Fe I'll have the Ti voice in the back of my mind saying I 'shouldn't be' as Fe, so I'll sometimes scorn my own behavior. :) But actually Fi challenges Fe a lot too. I think my Fi kicked in *a lot* in my mid-twenties, after a couple of failed relationships and my analyzing them, and realizing that I had doormat tendencies...eventually, far enough into the relationship, I'd 'wake up' and become more assertive and pay more attention to my own needs and inner self, but I definitely had a tendency to forgo ALL of my needs in my first few relationships. [Actually I probably didn't know what my needs actually were in those first few] So it was after that that my Fi kicked in, and I spent a while really [over] focusing on what my needs were and focusing on my own emotional state, and now I'd say my Fi battles it out with Fe, more so than the Ti does. :) I think I have it balanced out pretty decently now, but of course it's probably a continuous work in progress -- my needs vs the other persons, and making sure both are being met.

I also get the Se "rush" when traveling. I want to see EVERYTHING. I tend to take trips as much as I can afford them just to seek out new places and adventures. Though, my Ni sense of accomplishment tends to drive my urges a bit too.

Yep, isn't traveling great? I'm the same way. I take trips as much as I feel I can afford to, and I absolutely *thrive* off of the experiences.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Children & clues to type

I try to figure out my own children. I have some clues under which I don't necessarily know what do they mean. I would be happy if somebody could help.

I don't necessarily want the perfect answer about their type but rather some clues so I could know to what direction to look to with them.
To which function / type / dichotomy would the following things belong to?

#1 Asking for things directly (Give me milk!)<-> asking things by not saying what is wanted but instead going around the thing (example: I might possibly like to have something white and cold to drink)

#2 Being very tidy, very detail oriented <-> forgetting things being a messy

#3 Remembering rules and making sure that everybody else remembers them <-> doensn't want to lead anybody, is interested in own things only

#5 very imaginative, mostly in own world

#6 very stubborn, very single headed, very much fixation to a thing that wants to be done, resistent to change

#7 very stubborn, wants to do things their way but doesn't want to lead others or give others orders

#9 doesn't have a need to please but can be very affectionate towards only few people

MerkW

I try to figure out my own children. I have some clues under which I don't necessarily know what do they mean. I would be happy if somebody could help.

I don't necessarily want the perfect answer about their type but rather some clues so I could know to what direction to look to with them.

#1 Asking for things directly (Give me milk!)<-> asking things by not saying what is wanted but instead going around the thing (example: I might possibly like to have something white and cold to drink)

#3 Remembering rules and making sure that everybody else remembers them <-> doensn't want to lead anybody, is interested in own things only

#6 very stubborn, very single headed, very much fixation to a thing that wants to be done, resistent to change

#7 very stubborn, wants to do things their way but doesn't want to lead others or give others orders

#9 doesn't have a need to please but can be very affectionate towards only few people

Before I go into any analysis, could you please tell me the age of this child? It very much matter, in fact.

MerkW

Regardless of age, though, I would probably say that you have an INTJ (possibly ENTJ) in the making, who at the same time, has a rather well-developed Si.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Regardless of age, though, I would probably say that you have an INTJ (possibly ENTJ) in the making, who at the same time, has a rather well-developed Si.

Did all the points apply to the same child? The OP was not clear on that matter. I didn't really see any overall distinguishable pattern, if they all apply to one.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

1. Possibly E, Possibly J vs. Possibly I, Possibly F? Could just be a habit.

2. J vs P

3. eJ vs Ip

5. Partially I? Could be really anything.

6. Can see this in any type, really.

7. EJs don't *always* want to boss other people around, so I could see this as any type too.

no 8!

9. vaguely T-ish, or I-ish.

All tentative of course...:doh:

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
Possibly Se/Te vs Ne (SP/TJ vs NP)

Possibly S vs N

Te (TJ, maybe even ExTJ) vs Ixxx (but probably not IxTJ)

Possibly INXX

Possibly Te (TJ), maybe ExTJ, maybe ESTJ

Maybe Introverted, maybe a Thinker.

Possibly Tertiary Fi: IxTJ, or even Inferior Fe: IxTP

If there are two kids in all, a possibility is ESTJ and INTP.

Did I say "possibly" and "maybe" often enough :D ?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Did all the points apply to the same child? The OP was not clear on that matter. I didn't really see any overall distinguishable pattern, if they all apply to one.

Jennifer is right, there is no pattern here. I made no pattern in purpose. And sorry to say it so late, but I'm talking about 2 different children. They are almost absolutely totally opposite and they are both still young.

So I was only hoping that people would try to figure out to which function etc. those different hints would suggest.

It is really difficult, sorry, but I'm only looking for a hint which I could lay my hands on. That's why I didn't describe them person by person. :)

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ

I'm more of a functional person, so I'm going to answer in the way I know. haha.

1. This is an interaction style. I think they describe them on www.bestfitype.com. The former is more of a Chart the Course or In Charge style and the latter is more of a Behind the Scenes or Get Things Going style. This'll help you limit your research down to 8 types instead of 16.

2. The messy & tidy is tough because I'm a J who's fairly messy. I read somewhere that NJ's are messier than SJ's, but I'm not sure on the reliability of that statement. However, details are in the realm of Si - so if it's a detail oriented tidy, you may want to look at types that have Si somewhere somewhat high on the functions list. I'm tidy only when someone else is going to see my living space so that they do not feel uncomfortable in a mess, so that's more of a Fe thing.

3. The former seems very Si to me and the latter seems to be somewhat of an introvert thing - maybe even a sign of a Behind the Scenes interaction style. I actually don't prefer to lead, but because of my Chart the Course interaction style, I tend to do it anyway. I'm very bossy. :)

5. Seems to be an N sort of thing

6. & 7. (I lumped them together because after writing the paragraph, I realized I addressed both of them!)
Ehh, this one's tough. Traditonally, the single headed fixation would be an ISJ thing. However, NJ's have a stubborn streak too & I'm not resistant to change, but I'm resistant to change that I cannot control. So if I cause the change, I'm fine with it. If I don't, I'll pitch more of a fit. I've also found that NP's can quite possibly be the most stubborn people alive if their values/principles are threatened. Not wanting to lead or give orders is again what seems to be a sign of the Behind the Scenes style - which leaves you with ISFJ, INTP, INFP, and ISFP. All four of those types seem to have that immovable stubborn part & wants to do things their way but don't have much desire to lead. As an INFJ, this drives me up a wall.

9. This could be a Fi type or a T type. Most likely not a Fe dominant or auxillary, as we tend to have the need to please. It's also probably a sign of introversion, especially if we're dealing with a feeling type.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Merged similar threads. Carry on!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
My Husband and I were talking last night about what type our 7 year old daughter is. We know she's extroverted and I'd say even at the age of 7 she seems J, but the rest is baffling.

One thing I think may be relevant is that she loves strategy games and is currently playing Shadow of the Colossus (NT husband loves this game as well) which I find to be tedious and boring. Another one of her favorite games is Command and Conquer which is all about strategy.

She's also very well behaved and trustworthy. She also keeps a close watch on the other kids and reports any and all wrong doing back to me. One of the reasons I though she was an ESFJ but then the video game thing has thrown us off.

Any ideas?

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
She's also very well behaved and trustworthy. She also keeps a close watch on the other kids and reports any and all wrong doing back to me.

Could that possibly be high Te instead of high Fe? Possibly ENTJ?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Could that possibly be high Te instead of high Fe? Possibly ENTJ?
I meant to add she's also compassionate and likes pretty much everyone. She doesn't like it when we say anything negative about her friends or Grandmother (my Mother). Appearance wise she likes to look nice but not really into clothes or dressing up.

Also loves, loves, loves playing monopoly (I hate it) and is looking forward to her Grandparents coming over in a few months so that she can hit them up for as many game as they can stand! She and her Dad can play this game for hours! :shock:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I meant to add she's also compassionate and likes pretty much everyone. She doesn't like it when we say anything negative about her friends or Grandmother (my Mother). Appearance wise she likes to look nice but not really into clothes or dressing up.

Also loves, loves, loves playing monopoly (I hate it) and is looking forward to her Grandparents coming over in a few months so that she can hit them up for as many game as they can stand! She and her Dad can play this game for hours! :shock:

Your daughter sounds personality wise very similar to my daughter who I suspect is ENTJ.

Last edited: