• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Poll: Do ENTJs have a tendency to micromanage the work of others?

Do ENTJs have a tendencies to micromanage the work of others?

• Yes. I see this happening often enough to consider it common ENTJ behavior.

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • No. It happens rarely enough that I would not consider it characteristic of ENTJs.

Votes: 21 55.3%

• Total voters

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Simple enough. I'm curious about how others tend to perceive this type of person.

Obviously some ENTJs do and other ENTJs don't, but I want people's general perception of the type average.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Silencio got to you, I see. :laugh:

My favorite part was when he made the absurd implication that S types have no idea when to keep their behavioral tendencies in check, and then got all up in arms about about an ENTJ stereotype. I figured the only way to make this point in Te language would be to show some hard evidence, so here we go.

As always, generalizing is great until it's my group being generalized about it. Then it's unfair and ridiculous!!

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Holy shit, what did your mother do to you to warrant you having such a twisted obsession with ENTJs??

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Not really, but I suspect the general forum populace to agree simply because it's NP dominated. Ne people see micromanagement and pushiness, others [and myself] might just see a tendency and desire to implement focus.

Different approaches, different perceptions.

Or maybe my ESTJ has just micromanaged me to see it that way :horor:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
how about this:

do ENTPs have a tendencies [sic] to micromanage the arguments of others?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Holy shit, what did your mother do to you to warrant you having such a twisted obsession with ENTJs??

I'm just collecting data as any good Te dominant would do.

Hilariously, I'm getting precisely the same response from ENTJs now that I got from INFPs when I wrote about Fi.

"OMG YOU HAVE A DEEP-SEATED HATRED BECAUSE OF PAST EMOTIONAL TRAUMA"

I wrote like five posts and made a poll. It took a grand total of an hour. That doesn't really constitute "obsession", and it's interesting that the only people inventing nonsensical emotional motivation for me here are ENTJs, the group in question.

Inferior Fi rears its ugly head?

how about this:

do ENTPs have a tendencies [sic] to micromanage the arguments of others?

No poll is necessary for that; the answer is yes.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
the poll options you supplied us with require the use of folk typology.

i refuse to participate and contribute to the pseudo-science.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJs are Choleric in control. yes? They arent into micromanaging things that just dont matter (ESFJ moms? yes they do enjoy micromanaging the most mundane!).

I see ENTJs as more likely to just want to do everything themselves (not trusting others). Micromanaging seems to imply that you are constantly meddling in other peoples business.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm just collecting data as any good Te dominant would do.

Hilariously, I'm getting precisely the same response from ENTJs now that I got from INFPs when I wrote about Fi.

"OMG YOU HAVE A DEEP-SEATED HATRED BECAUSE OF PAST EMOTIONAL TRAUMA"

I wrote like five posts and made a poll. It took a grand total of an hour. That doesn't really constitute "obsession", and it's interesting that the only people inventing nonsensical emotional motivation for me here are ENTJs, the group in question.

Inferior Fi rears its ugly head?

No poll is necessary for that; the answer is yes.

See, the fact that you're entering the stage of "denial" just further proves that you're experiencing some sort of grief.

S

sammy

I've had generally positive experiences working with ENTJs. They knew how to utilize my continuous brainstorms into an implementation stage. Rarely, did anyone else understand my ideas like they did. Their strength is my weakness, so I don't view their "managing" with a negative connotation. It's more "guidance" in my experience.

Only one semi-bad experience with a female ENTJ. I think she felt entitled to manage me in a claustrophobic way because I usually respect her thoughts a lot (she's my maternal aunt, so of course she's going to take on some maternal-like behaviors with her neice). She backed off quickly when I told her to stop giving advice in an area I didn't want her to have any influence over though. Overall, positive with a few "glitchy" moments!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Given the usual make-up of the knowledge base of the MBTI here, what good is a popular poll going to be?

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
I only know two ENTJs, but they do both micromanage, so I voted yes. One of them (my boss) only seemed to micromanage things he cared about, and otherwise kept his nose out of things. The other (a friend of mine) is such an extreme micromanager that she once even tried to micromanage her mom when her mom was cooking dinner for us (even though her mom is an excellent cook and knows much more about cooking than her ENTJ daughter). :laugh:

Edit: I realized micromanaging has a negative connotation, but I don't actually mind it. In the case of my friend I just find it funny, and in the case of my boss it was usually very helpful.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
See, the fact that you're entering the stage of "denial" just further proves that you're experiencing some sort of grief.

Again I'll ask you: Why do you think this ENTJ overbearing stereotype exists? Is it just a conspiracy or does it happen frequently enough to create this impression?

Every stereotype is based on some sort of truth. While it's a mistake to assume a stereotype applies to 100% of group members, it's reasonable to note that a significant portion of the group shows certain characteristics.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Again I'll ask you: Why do you think this ENTJ overbearing stereotype exists? Is it just a conspiracy or does it happen frequently enough to create this impression?
here's a third way of looking at it:
one person says so, another person agrees, and the rest are uneducated enough to think they see it too.

ever heard of mass hysteria?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
That logic doesn't follow at all. :nono:

No? Everyone is given equal voting weight regardless of the veracity of their views and whether they're qualified to even run their own lives.

The systems are identical. If it's good enough for the US government, it's good enough for a typology poll.