User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do ENTJs have a tendencies to micromanage the work of others?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I see this happening often enough to consider it common ENTJ behavior.

17 43.59%
  • No. It happens rarely enough that I would not consider it characteristic of ENTJs.

22 56.41%
First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You're the one always railing against set function orders. What about ENTJs who give more weight to Se than to Ni?

You don't think Te+Se is capable of micromanaging? Think again, champ.
    Anyone is capable of doing anything.
    Including you.

Pasting together functions as some type of evidence is not going to work here.
    Try it on a Noob. They might fall for it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Well, I really, really hate hassle, so the more tedium in my life that gets delegated, the better.

The ISTJs and the INTJs are more likely to micromanage in leadership positions, since the ISTJ has an uncompromising sense of what "should" be done, and the INTJ has an inflexible vision of perfection. An ESTJ with clear goals would be a better leader than those two types, imo.

Can't speak for everyone, but me-- get across the finish line, rack up some wins, and then it is time for fun! If others can make my life easier, more power to 'em.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Anyone is capable of doing anything.
    Including you.

Pasting together functions as some type of evidence is not going to work here.
    Try it on a Noob. They might fall for it.
    It should work if you understand what attitudes those functions represent and are able to intuit what behaviors and interaction styles they commonly produce.

I'd expect a strongly intuitive person to be able to do that, but then again, T > N for you, so I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    The ISTJs and the INTJs are more likely to micromanage in leadership positions, since the ISTJ has an uncompromising sense of what "should" be done, and the INTJ has an inflexible vision of perfection. An ESTJ with clear goals would be a better leader than those two types, imo.
    New hypothesis: ETJs of both kinds rely on Te so naturally and automatically that they don't even realize they come off as too controlling/micromanaging to others. You guys literally don't realize you're doing it!

Micromanaging involves interacting with others and applying structure and order to the environment. It's inherently an extroverted process. How could an introverted judging type do this more than its extroverted counterpart? I really don't understand this.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

It should work if you understand what attitudes those functions represent and are able to intuit what behaviors and interaction styles they commonly produce.

I'd expect a strongly intuitive person to be able to do that, but then again, T > N for you, so I'm not surprised.
    You've known about functions for less than a year, Sim.
    Stop embarrassing yourself.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You've known about functions for less than a year, Sim.
    Stop embarrassing yourself.
    Objection, your honor: Relevance? Knowledge of any topic is dependent upon how much of your time you spend studying it, not how long ago your first introduction to it was.

I've met people that started playing guitar 30 years ago and have spent fewer total hours on it than I have in about 8. What's your point?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

You don't really get this "relevance" thing, do you? You're running out of ideas.

When I was five I thought Santa Claus brought me presents every year. Then I discovered new information and changed my perspective.

I know the idea of learning and change is difficult for you, but try to understand that it's necessary for growth.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Objection, your honor: Relevance? Knowledge of any topic is dependent upon how much of your time you spend studying it, not how long ago your first introduction to it was.

I've met people that started playing guitar 30 years ago and have spent fewer total hours on it than I have in about 8. What's your point?
    I'm going to have to rule that as an ad hominem.
    Objection sustained.

We need more logical fallacy emoticons! They amuse me.

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

You don't get the relevance.
    First you claim functions are bullshit and now you see yourself as an "expert."
    Put the two together, and you have an expert in bullshit.

All you do is quote, parrot, or plain rip off Lenore Thomson.
    It's become an obsession for you.
    If you actually knew something, you wouldn't resort to such tactics.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

You guys literally don't realize you're doing it!
    Ah, nothing is as it seems!

You're an ENTP, so I imagine you're good at recognizing group dynamics. Make people feel empowered, valuable, and part of the team, and they'll get stuff done. Extroversion, yo!

Do you spaz when you don't get your way? Didn't think so. ENTJs don't spaz either. INTJs and ISTJs are different. ISTJs spaz out when things aren't the way they think they "should" be. INTJs spaz when something pollutes their vision. And they're more likely to be fussy about it because of the thinking preference. So they're not as effective in leadership positions that require initiative, adaptability, a nose for trends and possibilities, et cetera. If someone else has a good idea, it needs to be assimilated. Like the Borg.

Think of it this way-- what is the weakest ENTJ function? Feeling, of course. Like Peter Gibbons from Office Space, it isn't that I'm lazy, it is that I just don't care. The less drama, the better.