• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Poll: Do ENTJs have a tendency to micromanage the work of others?

Do ENTJs have a tendencies to micromanage the work of others?

• Yes. I see this happening often enough to consider it common ENTJ behavior.

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • No. It happens rarely enough that I would not consider it characteristic of ENTJs.

Votes: 21 55.3%

• Total voters

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm pretty sure this thread is no longer about ENTJs and micromanaging.

At this point I'm watching to see if Simulated World is emotionally capable of admiting defeat.

:popc1:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At least give him credit for trying to understand. Granted, it might not be in the way that's appreciated by you but then that's something ENTs seem to occasionally be prone to: expressing themselves in a way that can be a little grating on the other party.

There's no need for admitting defeat or what not, there's just readjusting and analyzing the info gathered. Nor is there need for gloating, by any party. That's just not conducive.

Jaguar

At this point I'm watching to see if Simulated World is emotionally capable of admiting defeat.

This entire thread has nothing to do with EXTJ or even typology.
Maybe one day Sim will figure that out.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
At least give him credit for trying to understand.

I will, if he ever actually tries.

For now he continues trying to desperately and savagely defend his idea with no regard to logic.

*watching to see how this ends*

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will, if he ever actually tries.

For now he continues trying to desperately and savagely defend his idea with no regard to the kind of logic best applied when attempting to understand ENTJs.

*watching to see how this ends*

Fixed..:alttongue:

Grin..I will hold you to that, my dear :devil:

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2

He already did, didn't he? He very politely conceded that he's probably just known a weird bunch of ENTJs. What more could you ask for from an ENTP?

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
JustHer said:
Perhaps I need to give my glasses a good wiping then.
I'm still laughing at the word, "politely."

Fine. That may have been a stretch.
But there was a definite shift from trying to use cognitive functions to prove that ENTJs are jerks and anyone who doesn't think so is an idiot to just plain ranting about his own personal vendetta against them.
Prejudice is bad enough...
Prejudice under the guise of logic is repulsive.

As I said...what more can you expect.

Jaguar

I'm calm!
But I'll take the martini, anyway.

martini-main_full.jpg

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What now, Chinese food?

I got enough guitar students to quit the food industry entirely.

This is getting boring so let's get this over with. Everything you mentioned about the micromanaging boss is ESTJ, not ENTJ.

He wasn't even the boss. He technically had no authority at all. He just thought everyone else was incompetent and constantly pissed everyone off. He eventually got fired when he threw a 15 year old kid up against a wall for smarting off to him.

It's really amazing that you've decided this guy can't possibly share a type with you without ever having met or interacted with him in any way, based on about three lines of information I gave you about him.

You're so insistent on disallowing anyone who's "beneath you" to share your MBTI type that you think you can type people you know nothing about better than those who have actually met and spent significant time interacting with them.

As for the bathroom guy, I've known him for 10 years and he's definitely ENTJ. He's not stupid, either; he just has some bizarre pet peeves and is kind of a control freak. Unhealthy ENTJs tend to have similar control issues.

Of course, I'm sure having negative characteristics of any kind totally precludes him from being ENTJ in your mind. :newwink:

Does any of this count?

So I'll have to admit that, according to public perception, most people apparently don't perceive ENTJs as micromanaging.

Okay, I have to concede that I've met an unusual sample of ENTJs in my personal experience then.

In any event I did learn something from this thread, and that's that I've met an unusually micromanaging sample of ENTJs in my experience.

I can conclude that the data set I'm working with (ENTJs I've met) probably contains an unusually high number of micromanagers that doesn't reflect the overall ENTJ population.

Looking back on it, I probably would have had a better point if I'd used a more applicable wording. If I'd said, "Do ENTJs have a tendency to be overbearing and controlling?", I'd probably have gotten a lot more "yes" answers. I guess "micromanaging" is just the wrong word for the point I was trying to make.

And I agree--at this point it seems to be about propping up Jaguar's delusions of grandeur that there's no such thing as a stupid or unsuccessful ENTJ--in order to be those things he'd have to be a Sensor, of course.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say that was more of an ESTJ trait. ENTJs tend to give you a task and let you get on with it.

Jaguar

No way, dude. ENTPs can't do anything wrong. If they did they'd be Sensors.

That's as ridiculous as calling someone ENTJ for caring about guests using a bathroom and throwing a kid against the wall.
You make no sense, whatsoever.

What's next- claiming someone is ENTJ for eating a strawberry?