User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do ENTJs have a tendencies to micromanage the work of others?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I see this happening often enough to consider it common ENTJ behavior.

    17 43.59%
  • No. It happens rarely enough that I would not consider it characteristic of ENTJs.

    22 56.41%
First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 170

  1. #111
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    I've been known to break a few rules to test their validity and also for causing my fiance to exlaim, "Jeeze and I'll this time I've been getting pissed off thinking that you actually believe what you say, and really you just love to argue for sport!"
    I'm the exact opposite.
    Arguing something that you don't even believe is borderline insanity to me.

    I've always thoroughly enjoyed the many ENTPs in my life.
    I use them for target practice.
    They scatter, but the bullet still gets them.

  2. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    446

    Default

    After all that, let me just say that in my experience, people just want to feel like they are being heard, that their input or perspective is being listened to and valued without prejudice or pre-judgement. Everyone wants their ideas to be valued in the moment. This is the basis for every argument/miscommunication. I find that often if you are willing to listen and validate, even if you don't implement, people are satisfied by the outcome. Offense is the enemy of truth and progress.

  3. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I'm the exact opposite.
    Arguing something that you don't even believe is borderline insanity to me.



    I use them for target practice.
    They scatter, but the bullet still gets them.
    Hahaha! I have to admit there was at least one ENTP who used to make me want to do that!

    I actually don't argue for sport anymore. I did it a lot as a teenager and young adult. But then I was thrown in the real world . . .

  4. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8sx
    Socionics
    ENTJ
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post

    I see ENTJs as more likely to just want to do everything themselves (not trusting others). Micromanaging seems to imply that you are constantly meddling in other peoples business.
    This response sounds most like myself.

  5. #115
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Yep, that's why I made the poll--to see if others perceive this type the same way. Apparently some do, but a small majority don't.

    I'd be more likely to conclude that my perception of ENTJs as micromanagers were wrong if no one or almost no one agreed with me about it, but seeing as a significant portion of poll respondents agreed, it seems more likely that I've just met a weird sample of ENTJs.

    The whole idea here was to collect information on others' views in order to estimate the effects of my own biases. If I were erroneously perceiving the ENTJs I know as micromanagers, it seems probable that very few people would agree with me about it.

    But I've heard the same criticism of ENTJs from a number of different people into typology, both on the forum and in real life...so I don't think I just imagined it about them.

    I know they have a reason for doing it, and I know that sometimes it has advantages. That doesn't make it any less annoying during the times that it's done unnecessarily.

    Wanna know what else bugs me about ENTJs? The outrageously misplaced arrogance. Look at this idiot six posts above you--I point out examples of ENTJs doing stupid/trivial/annoying things and his answer is: "OH WELL THEY MUST BE SENSORS THEN LOL"

    When he talks about where I work (or rather, used to work) he's referring to pizza stores. And his implication is clear: "Any ETJ dumb enough to work in a pizza store must be a stupid Sensor, because all real ENTJs are way too brilliant and successful for that."

    It's the age old scapegoat: Blame it on those dumb Sensors. Anything to avoid accepting that ENTJs might somehow be fallible.




    Because they're predictable.

    I appreciate that you're trying..but i think you have to keep in mind that other people will sometimes perceive the same thing coz they are like you in some way. I still maintain that you ask the source...aka ENTJS. And. As annoying as they can be in their way of addressing you, you give what they say consideration. Then I'm talking about their explanation as to why and how they do things. And you check where you could've perceived something differently, casting it in a bad light and how it was intended from their pov, in the first place..correcting your perception for next time you encounter this behavior.

    Now, I never said that they don't suffer from the same problem: aka projecting onto others what they've perceived there as being absolute truth
    That also means that their guesses as to why it is you perceive things about them might be hit and miss as well, though they seem to be explaining it rather well.However, I never claimed that ENTJS were awesome at communicating these things *grin*
    Personally, I find their arrogant streak amusing coz I tend to like ENTJ bluntness. I also think that if you ask them what they think of ESTJs competencies in their own area, ENTJs might just give credit where credit is due.

    In fact..that's something that all ENT's, in my perception, share. They judge, criticize but will also confirm and mention those things they really do value in a person. And usually they'll do it all in one breath in a matter of fact way, meaning they don't usually care about the person's flaws or strenghts. They are who they are. Only once there's a personal history, or emotional baggage, do they seem to get influenced by emotions on this. The same is going on here..the traits you mentionned they don't associate with themselves, they look for the breed that they think is likely to have those traits, and suggest that as an option. Though some may not like ESTJs, my guess is most of them feel pretty neutral about whether those traits are good or bad, they're just not something they recognize in themselves and they do perceive in ESTJs.

    The problem is...their way of going about this process irritates your Fe. Your way tends to irritate my Fi

    The bottom line is that Fi doesn't like being judged on what it perceives to be a misunderstanding, a miscommunication or just blatant assumption. Funny how that even shows in ENTJS. If it is going to stand trial, the issue it's being judged over had better be cast in the proper light. It has to be the Truth. Understand how the intention was meant and how and why the person you're criticizing went about the issue, demonstrate that you do, then judge /criticise. Only way to go about things with Fi-users, imo.

    Edit: these are my perceptions when it comes to ENTJS...do feel free to tell me if they're correct or not and if not, how so
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  6. #116
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    Hahaha! I have to admit there was at least one ENTP who used to make me want to do that!
    Stick around. More of them are in this forum!

  7. #117
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    How many ENTJs voted no?

  8. #118
    Senior Member BlueFlame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    How many ENTJs voted no?
    How many people voted *no* just to annoy SimulatedWorld?

    ~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

    Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

  9. #119
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I appreciate that you're trying..but i think you have to keep in mind that other people will sometimes perceive the same thing coz they are like you in some way. I still maintain that you ask the source...aka ENTJS. And. As annoying as they can be in their way of addressing you, you give what they say consideration. Then I'm talking about their explanation as to why and how they do things. And you check where you could've perceived something differently, casting it in a bad light and how it was intended from their pov, in the first place..correcting your perception for next time you encounter this behavior.

    Now, I never said that they don't suffer from the same problem: aka projecting onto others what they've perceived there as being absolute truth
    That also means that their guesses as to why it is you perceive things about them might be hit and miss as well, though they seem to be explaining it rather well.However, I never claimed that ENTJS were awesome at communicating these things *grin*
    Personally, I find their arrogant streak amusing coz I tend to like ENTJ bluntness. I also think that if you ask them what they think of ESTJs competencies in their own area, ENTJs might just give credit where credit is due.

    In fact..that's something that all ENT's, in my perception, share. They judge, criticize but will also confirm and mention those things they really do value in a person. And usually they'll do it all in one breath in a matter of fact way, meaning they don't usually care about the person's flaws or strenghts. They are who they are. Only once there's a personal history, or emotional baggage, do they seem to get influenced by emotions on this. The same is going on here..the traits you mentionned they don't associate with themselves, they look for the breed that they think is likely to have those traits, and suggest that as an option. Though some may not like ESTJs, my guess is most of them feel pretty neutral about whether those traits are good or bad, they're just not something they recognize in themselves and they do perceive in ESTJs.

    The problem is...their way of going about this process irritates your Fe. Your way tends to irritate my Fi

    The bottom line is that Fi doesn't like being judged on what it perceives to be a misunderstanding, a miscommunication or just blatant assumption. Funny how that even shows in ENTJS. If it is going to stand trial, the issue it's being judged over had better be cast in the proper light. It has to be the Truth. Understand how the intention was meant and how and why the person you're criticizing went about the issue, demonstrate that you do, then judge /criticise. Only way to go about things with Fi-users, imo.

    Edit: these are my perceptions when it comes to ENTJS...do feel free to tell me if they're correct or not and if not, how so
    I think you're 100% correct
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  10. #120
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    I don't know, and I don't think so.

    My only reference is knowing my ESTJ sister, and she's a wonderful manager, but she doesn't have time to micromanage.

    Micromanaging is inefficient, and aren't all ETJs about efficiency?

    To be honest, hands down, the biggest micromanager I have ever come across was my ISTP.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

Similar Threads

  1. Do you have any desire to own controversial books?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 12:01 AM
  2. [INFP] I have a tendency to throw things off balence...
    By Cloudblue in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 04:11 AM
  3. Poll: Do ENTJs have a heart ?
    By entropie in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 10:59 PM
  4. Do Fs have this tendency?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 03:16 AM
  5. Do we have a "right" to the organs of the dead?
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 05:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO