• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

An opportunity for you to practice online typing skills

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
Hi!

I don't know which type I "am".

What do you need to "know" before you attempt to determine it?

Shoot!

P

Phantonym

What do you need to "know" before you attempt to determine it?

Everything! :laugh:

You can start by telling what you like, what you don't like, how do you act when you're on your own, when you're around other people, what makes you happy, sad, gives you energy, basic stuff like that. Get the ball running. Check out other threads in this section, you'll get some ideas and write them down here. Happy hunting! :)

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
Everything! :laugh:

You can start by telling what you like, what you don't like, how do you act when you're on your own, when you're around other people, what makes you happy, sad, gives you energy, basic stuff like that. Get the ball running. Check out other threads in this section, you'll get some ideas and write them down here. Happy hunting! :)

What I like is relative, I don't think I would be far out there by claiming that it depends on my current mood. This goes for what I dont like too.

I don't think im acting anyway when I am alone, more like the opposite, I just am.

How I act when I am around other people is relative as well, what do you mean by other people? Are you talking about people I never met before? Or are you talking about acquaintances? Is it in public? Or is it under private circumstances?

What makes me happy/sad is hard to answer too. The company of a friend can make me happy, but it doesn't have to.

A beer can make me feel good, a beer can also do the opposite..

I was going to write that having a goal and accomplishing it makes me happy, but that isnt always true either..

What gives me energy is the easiest of the questions you asked to answer so far, I get energized when im active. Doing something productive, and in this productive category of mine, I do count in when I am thinking up "something" in lack out of a less vague term.

I don't know if this is going to be helpfull or not, I guess it could be both; but I tend to see "too" many ways of interpreting something, therefor feeling a lack of clarity in things in general. This cloudiness I am not sure if I like or not, it has it good and less good aspects.

Will this get you anywhere? If not, more questions!

P

Phantonym

Hehe. Have you considered being an INTJ or INTP? <---yes, I did just pull that out of a hat. :D

P

Phantonym

What I diden't consider is a better question. ;)

Why are you thinking INTP or INTJ?

:laugh: Oh, don't mind me, I mostly go with vibes and I threw those types out there. Completely irrational. You'd have to wait for the function gurus to show up so that you might get a more detailed analysis.

I guess I sense that you might be leaning more to the N side than to the S side. Other than that, there's not much information to analyze. Yet. ;)

About the other people part, the questions you came up with are good ones to start. Try answering them.

You're here because you want input from others around here, so try not to interpret things so much but write them down, that might make things seem more clearer to you as well. And people who practice typing can get a picture of you too. Answering questions brings up more questions, as it is supposed to, so everybody can analyze them to help you find your type.

haag261390

E or I
S or N
F or T
J or P

you should read more into those and find which profile fits you best. You'll get a hang of it :yes:

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
In social situations I sometimes listen more then I talk, and sometimes I talk more then I listen.

Where I am doesn't matter as much as what the topic is about does.

VagrantFarce

OK, choose the attitude you most identify with from each quote box please! :) Don't over-think it if you can help it, just choose the one that hits home the most when you first read it. :)

Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference—for example, noticing that some food doesn’t taste the same or is saltier than it usually is. Introverted Sensing is also operating when we see someone who reminds us of someone else. Sometimes a feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, our body responds as if reliving the experience. The process also involves reviewing the past to draw on the lessons of history, hindsight, and experience. With introverted Sensing, there is often great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen. There can be a oneness with ageless customs that help sustain civilization and culture and protect what is known and long-lasting, even while what is reliable changes.

Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail. We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result. We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context. An active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture may occur until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment. A oneness with the physical world and a total absorption may exist as we move, touch, and sense what is around us. The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence.

Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Using this process, we can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to us. A disengagement from interactions in the room occurs, followed by a sudden “Aha!” or “That’s it!” The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be in the future. Using this process, we might rely on a focal device or symbolic action to predict, enlighten, or transform. We could find ourselves laying out how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs. This process can involve working out complex concepts or systems of thinking or conceiving of symbolic or novel ways to understand things that are universal. It can lead to creating transcendent experiences or solutions.

Extraverted iNtuiting involves noticing hidden meanings and interpreting them, often entertaining a wealth of possible interpretations from just one idea or interpreting what someone’s behavior really means. It also involves seeing things “as if,” with various possible representations of reality. Using this process, we can juggle many different ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and meanings in our mind at once with the possibility that they are all true. This is like weaving themes and threads together. We don’t know the weave until a thought thread appears or is drawn out in the interaction of thoughts, often brought in from other contexts. Thus a strategy or concept often emerges from the here-and-now interactions, not appearing as a whole beforehand. Using this process we can really appreciate brainstorming and trust what emerges, enjoying imaginative play with scenarios and combining possibilities, using a kind of cross-contextual thinking. Extraverted iNtuiting also can involve catalyzing people and extemporaneously shaping situations, spreading an atmosphere of change through emergent leadership.

Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point. Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it. It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles. These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea. This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work. The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency. In so doing, we search for a “leverage point” that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system. We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of what’s observed.

Contingency planning, scheduling, and quantifying utilize the process of extraverted Thinking. Extraverted Thinking helps us organize our environment and ideas through charts, tables, graphs, flow charts, outlines, and so on. At its most sophisticated, this process is about organizing and monitoring people and things to work efficiently and productively. Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone’s ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else’s thought process. In written or verbal communication, extraverted Thinking helps us easily follow someone else’s logic, sequence, or organization. It also helps us notice when something is missing, like when someone says he or she is going to talk about four topics and talks about only three. In general, it allows us to compartmentalize many aspects of our lives so we can do what is necessary to accomplish our objectives.

It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.

The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The “social graces,” such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them. Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others’ feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs. We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
OK, choose the attitude you most identify with from each quote box please! :) Don't over-think it if you can help it, just choose the one that hits home the most when you first read it. :)

I had issues doing this, think it might have something to do with me being biased..

What I do know is that I am using extraverted feeling consciously, but I need to make an effort. And the same goes for extraverted thinking, I listen to what is said and ask relevant questions to said things/ideas.

Not sure about intuition and sensing though.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Bullet:
exfp/extp .

Velocity:
140m/s

I agree. Not sure which. The nothing being solid without context seems pretty familiar as ENFP.

I think some miss universe questions might help:
- If you could solve anything, what would it be and why?
- Who do you admire most and why?

Chloe

I'd say NT is pretty clear. AND because you need to put an effort to use Fe or Te, you're maybe introvert - so INTX, or Pe dom - ENTP. (i'm not going here by the function theory, just something i thought of now - thinking if you mention putting an effort to use 2 E-functions you're more likely to be introvert or of course Pe dominant. )

Probably INTP, or ENTP possible (because if i noticed correctly they can put Fe in use when they see there's need, unlike INTPs who often remain emotionally retarded for the rest of their lifes. jk:D :D)

cant decide between 2 NTPs, I'd put 1$ more on ENTP.

p.s. I didnt cheat by reading your other posts!!
I had issues doing this, think it might have something to do with me being biased..

What I do know is that I am using extraverted feeling consciously, but I need to make an effort. And the same goes for extraverted thinking, I listen to what is said and ask relevant questions to said things/ideas.

Not sure about intuition and sensing though.

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
I'd say NT is pretty clear. AND because you need to put an effort to use Fe or Te, you're maybe introvert - so INTX, or Pe dom - ENTP. (i'm not going here by the function theory, just something i thought of now - thinking if you mention putting an effort to use 2 E-functions you're more likely to be introvert or of course Pe dominant. )

Probably INTP, or ENTP possible (because if i noticed correctly they can put Fe in use when they see there's need, unlike INTPs who often remain emotionally retarded for the rest of their lifes. jk:D :D)

cant decide between 2 NTPs, I'd put 1$ more on ENTP.

p.s. I didnt cheat by reading your other posts!!

Fe takes alot more effort on my side then Te. Te is blunt, and sometimes even harsh. Fe isn't. When I am using Te, I need to use Fe too.. I guess there is where the effort comes in. Sorry for not putting it in better words the first time.

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
I agree. Not sure which. The nothing being solid without context seems pretty familiar as ENFP.

I think some miss universe questions might help:
- If you could solve anything, what would it be and why?
- Who do you admire most and why?

If I could solve anything, I would have solved everything already. And why? Because I can.

Who I admire most doesn't seem to be consistent. And the fact that I just woke up doesn't really help either..

Chloe

If I could solve anything, I would have solved everything already. And why? Because I can.

Who I admire most doesn't seem to be consistent. And the fact that I just woke up doesn't really help either..

Are you trying to confuse judges or win that Miss Universe title? :doh::D

Fe takes alot more effort on my side then Te. Te is blunt, and sometimes even harsh. Fe isn't. When I am using Te, I need to use Fe too.. I guess there is where the effort comes in. Sorry for not putting it in better words the first time.

why do you need to use Fe when you use Te?

I'd still say you're NTP..
it's easier for me to use Fe (but still hard) than to use Te, and going by function theory i should use Te much better.

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
why do you need to use Fe when you use Te?

I'd still say you're NTP..
it's easier for me to use Fe (but still hard) than to use Te, and going by function theory i should use Te much better.

Te doesn't make friends alone. I am very aware of how people react to what I and others say(Is that Fe too?) but when Fe is in charge just to not upset people, I get "drained" rather quickly, sometimes it feels like smoothtalking a baby. I guess Fe is a learned function. And Te is more natural, I "see" the logic, and I "see" when it is absent.

So, I am aware of using both Te and Fe, the latter "drains" me somewhat more though. And so far in my life, it has been expected of me to a larger extent.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Interesting, are you conscious about what led you to these hunches?

Well, because of your interaction style, the way you choose to just put a dot into someones paper and try to make sense of it with others eyes.

Thrown out there, a little insignificant image of something that isn't wished to be called unto but rather debated and played with.

Also, it was fairly easy reading that you weren't female but then I noticed that you send these funny little hunches that just beg to be picked up upon and that just makes me a bit skeptical.

I see the crafted box of yours and you, my friend is a crafty man but how about owning up the bet and putting yourself in there? A little treat for all of us as well as for you, if you know your sugar.
Now, come come to the little garden of ours, where we share the juices of colours. See how I came into being, ask for your own feeling but as for now and never too late,
here's that big jolly good cake.

Also, what you share about yourself. How you "move" in the forum. lol.
This makes no sense, does it?