User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: An INFTJP...?

MBTI
    INxx

Red face An INFTJP...?

First of all, hi, because this is my first post outside of the welcome area!

All of the tests I've taken cement me as INxx (though I'm close to the border of I and E). The problem is those last two letters... I'm at around 50% each time I test; usually I end up with INTP or INFJ, though I've gotten INFP once (but never INTJ).

I think that when I test I tend to be somewhat critical of myself and my social abilities... would this be in line with the perfectionist tendencies of an INFJ? I don't think that I need as much alone time or am nearly as aloof as INTPs are described to be; In a relationship, I'm very warm and open, and I have several good friends with whom I connect, as well as a good number of acquaintances with whom I get along.

Any insight on this? : )
    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

"It is better to take what isn't yours than to let it lie around neglected."

-Mark Twain

?????????????? ???????? ?

you haven't given any description whether or not you're a J or a P.

it seems to me that you're an INF.

consider taking the functions test, maybe it will all clear up the confusion.

MBTI
    INxx

Sorry, I'm still relatively new to all of this. : P

I checked out the myersbriggs.org site for description, and came up with this:

(bolded stuff is what describes me)

Judging:

* I like to have things decided.
    * I appear to be task oriented.
    * I like to make lists of things to do.
    * I like to get my work done before playing.
    * I plan work to avoid rushing just before a deadline.
    * Sometimes I focus so much on the goal that I miss new information.

Perceiving:

* I like to stay open to respond to whatever happens.
    * I appear to be loose and casual. I like to keep plans to a minimum.

* I like to approach work as play or mix work and play.
    * I work in bursts of energy.
    * I am stimulated by an approaching deadline.
    * Sometimes I stay open to new information so long I miss making decisions when they are needed.

It's things like these that make me confused. Also, what does the Myers Briggs scale say about people who are near the middle on everything?

-Mark Twain

consider taking this test

Worldpersonality.com - test your personality

but then again, know that tests can't determine everything. But that might help.

I figured that the function test might be too confusing for you.

MBTI suggests that it's not possible to be both a personality type. In your case, an INFJ or an INFP. You're either one but you can't be both.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hi!

The tests aren't really that accurate. I suggest reading the profiles and decide which fit you more. Also, you could try describing more about yourself -- general things you can think of, and especially how you deal with people, conflicts and social situations

MBTI
    INxx

Hmm. People, conflicts, and social situations...

I am well-liked by most people and welcome pretty much anywhere. There a few people who seem cool towards me but I don't think that that's unique to me (they're like that to others as well). I do generally do well in social situations, but I can be a bit reserved. I think that's more a product of being a military brat and breaking into dozens of new social circles over my life; that has made me a little extra cautious.

I'm really good at understanding and feeling the problems of others (this might sound dumb, but I sympathize with the big black guy from the Green Mile : P), and friends and family have told me this. For a while I considered becoming a priest because of this. As I've gotten older, I've learned to block out my empathy because I don't want to feel the pain of other people (because it hurts).

I can be argumentative when talking about something I believe in, but serious conflicts get to me, especially if it's someone I care about. If my girlfriend or close friend and I have a big conflict and are not on speaking terms, I almost lose my mind because it makes me so nervous and uncomfortable. It actually gets in the way of me performing my normal daily activities.

I'm in the middle in social situations. I can have a great discussion with someone I've never met, and am usually able to steer the conversation in a way that keep them somewhat interested. I'm not the life of the party, though, and have a lot of trouble remembering names (though I'll remember everything we talked about!). I'm not too fond of crowds, but they don't make me uneasy or anything. I'm not nervous when around the opposite sex and often take the initiative in relationships. I'm generally pretty serious about relationships; I only pick people that I think I can have a long term relationship with.

Finally, something else interesting... I have an uncanny knack for assessing people right off the bat. I can meet someone, talk to them for ten minutes, and tell you what kind of person they are, how trustworthy they are, etc. And I'm about 95% right.

Thanks for reading. : )

-Mark Twain

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Heh, if your avatar means you want to be real/true to yourself, then there's a chance you are a Enneagram 4 INFP
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INxx

Nah, it's the second character in my Chinese name, ???. It _is_ important to be true to yourself, but I definitely also think there's a right and wrong way to do things.

I'll have to look into Enneagrams, I tried the test once but didn't understand it very well.

-Mark Twain

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

You haven't given very much information...try discussing more about your personal life, hobbies, interests, job, beliefs about what's most important in life, etc.

Also, as 21% said, the tests aren't very accurate. Many people frequently test into types that don't fit them, so take them with a grain (ok, a big spoonful) of salt.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Ginkgo

I think I'm going to make my signature some obscure Asian quote written in Chinese and then attribute it to some famous American author to see what happens.