User Tag List

First 12

brainheart

I dunno, I don't think they're all that different. I mean, people are always arguing either INFP or ENTP for John Lennon.

I think possibly that ENTPs can become socially insecure, due to tertiary Fe (paranoia that no one likes them or they need to please others), and so they can take on a sort of INFP aura to protect themselves or to not offend anyone or to not make an ass of themselves. I know this probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but I can relate to the OP. Also, I think they secretly care a great deal about others and you couple that with the dominant Ne and it can look like INFP as well.

And yes, I know this is old.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    So you are ENTP when you are at you are clever, witty, and using people for sex, and INFP when you are being all emo. Nice!
    "My cat ate dog food on Monday, so on Monday he was a dog" is very Fe logic.

I'm going with ENTP.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Hmm, I would say that you should take a look at the cognitive functions to determine your typing, not type descriptions.
    My cat is quite correct.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

How did BlackCat get to be your kitty, sim?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

brainheart

I think Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes may be one of these situations, too. It's almost as if (I'm theorizing) INFP Bill Watterson set out to make an ENTP type character, but a lot of his INFP feelings/thoughts/experiences seeped in. And don't use the no friends argument to show he's an introvert. He has no friends because everyone thinks he's a weirdo, because he's in total dominant Ne land. That was for sure my experience, too. And I didn't care a good chunk of the time, because I was always thinking of cool new ideas/things to play, and no one else wanted to play like that. So my stuffed animals played them with me.

But that's just my theory, and I'm really hungry so I can't give more supporting evidence at the moment, not to mention it's totally deviating from the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I dunno, I don't think they're all that different. I mean, people are always arguing either INFP or ENTP for John Lennon.
    While I think you'd have to be batty or ignorant to seriously believe JL to be an ENTP, he was acquainted with a famous ENTP who was featured in his performance and "video" for "Give Peace A Chance."

I LOVE the portrait of said ENTP in this book:

Amazon.com: Storming Heaven: LSD and the American Dream (9780802135872): Jay Stevens: Books

brainheart

^^ Ever read his writing? It's so Roald Dahl-esque it's absurd. He also had a sort of Oscar Wilde-ishness about him.

In His Own Write - Google Books

Not to mention the weird-ass things that came out of his mouth...

But whatever. I was just pointing out that people argue about it. Not trying to make a case for him being an ENTP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

I notice this pattern a lot.

Witty INFPs getting typed as ENTP because they actually have a sense of humor.

Yes, we may have a rigid moral system, but darnit we do sarcasm-quips well, too.

So, Shakespeare is INFP. Calvin is INFP. John Lennon? INFP.

They're arguable just as any typings for anyone else is, including everyone on this forum, but for the most part they are that.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    ^^ Ever read his writing? It's so Roald Dahl-esque it's absurd. He also had a sort of Oscar Wilde-ishness about him.

In His Own Write - Google Books

Not to mention the weird-ass things that came out of his mouth...

But whatever. I was just pointing out that people argue about it. Not trying to make a case for him being an ENTP.
    Yeah. Wilde was an ENFP. Lennon was an INFP. Lewis Carol was an INTP. What's the commonality? Ne...

Well, Shakespeare, hes in the alley
    With his pointed shoes and his bells
    Speaking to some French girl
    Who says she knows me well
    And I would send a message
    To find out if shes talked
    But the post office has been stolen
    And the mailbox is locked...