User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my best advice is always to ask "who do you identify with more when you meet them or read things by them?"

I may give terrible advice
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    I disagree with the previous poster. On what basis do you make decisions? If it is primarily on objective/impersonal information, that's Te. If it is primarily on how it will make others feel, how they will react, social standards, that's Fe. If you are female and are uncertain whether you are an ESTJ or an ESFJ, you are probably an ESTJ simply because cultural conditioning favors F females and T males...
    how I make decisions does not affect people. I don't think about people or how my decision will affect other people emotionally. I focus on the issue and coming up with a conclusion and finalize a decision. ESTJ sums up my personality when I was given a various different links which compared both ESFJ and ESTJ.

ESFJ still sounds a lot like me though.

Anyway, I appreciate the help everyone. Thank you!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I know both types very well IRL and I think they are very different. This is how I see each type.

ESFJ's always seem to put themselves last and often put themselves in a position of overloading themselves with responsibility. They like to be relied upon. They'll often complain about this but feel compelled to keep a killing pace. They make decisions that try to benefit everyone. They really do think of how other people will feel and they don't like to let anyone down or disappoint them. They try to include everyone. ESFJ's will be the one talking to the quietest person in a group because they want to make sure they feel included.

ESTJ's are goal oriented. They are comfortable making tough or unpopular decisions and stand by their decisions even in the face of opposition. They have a strong sense of right and wrong. ESTJ's rarely verbalize their feelings and have a very hard time doing so and will rarely complain. They are very good at organizing their time and filling it. They are dependable and punctual and take their responsibilities seriously. They look for what needs to be done and they do it and are less likely than ESFJ's to worry about how the decision affects others.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

I am personally acquainted with both ESFJs and ESTJs, and would like to chime in on the above post.

ESTJs tend to make decisions along the axis of right vs wrong.

ESFJs tend to make decisions along the axis of good vs bad.

My Take:
    ESTJs dont let critiscm get to them, are more thick skinned
    ESTJs dont need to know "where they are in the relationship" and how the other feels about them.

ESFJs do take critiscm and conflict more personally and are more bothered by it.
    ESFJs like to know how the other feels about them in a more emotional level

Hope this helps!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by haag261390 View Post
    I get along with ENFJs for the most part. I wouldn't say I get along better with ISFPs, it depends. A lot of arguments going on and a lot of disagreements as far as a close relationship with an ISFP goes.
    I get along very well with ESTJs. I only get along with male ESFJs in a superficial sense. I cannot stand female ESFJs at all. So if you're a chick...then maybe you're ESTJ???

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I know both types very well IRL and I think they are very different. This is how I see each type.

ESFJ's always seem to put themselves last and often put themselves in a position of overloading themselves with responsibility. They like to be relied upon. They'll often complain about this but feel compelled to keep a killing pace. They make decisions that try to benefit everyone. They really do think of how other people will feel and they don't like to let anyone down or disappoint them. They try to include everyone. ESFJ's will be the one talking to the quietest person in a group because they want to make sure they feel included.

ESTJ's are goal oriented. They are comfortable making tough or unpopular decisions and stand by their decisions even in the face of opposition. They have a strong sense of right and wrong. ESTJ's rarely verbalize their feelings and have a very hard time doing so and will rarely complain. They are very good at organizing their time and filling it. They are dependable and punctual and take their responsibilities seriously. They look for what needs to be done and they do it and are less likely than ESFJ's to worry about how the decision affects others.
    This sounds more like enneagram stuff leaking through. Loosely, you've described ennea 1 for ESTJ and ennea 2 for ESFJ. These arent horrible stereotypes. However, I think using the interaction styles is a better stereotype for pure type. Even better than that is the Inclusion, Control, Affection with the humors and then simply "converting" back to MBTI.

In short, the main difference I see is that ESTJs like being in charge regardless (even if everything is already working fine without them, they want to be in charge), and the ESFJs reluctantly end up in charge (if people all just acted like an ESFJs expects them to, then the ESFJ would spend their time just being a "get things going person").

Miss piggy is the classic example of ESTJ vs ESFJ. She is an In charge mo-fo (ESTJ). I dont care what any idiot says about her being ESFJ....