• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ugghh... What's My Type?

What's my Type?

• INFP

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • INFJ

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • INTP

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Someting Else

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

No I meant F as in your grade. It's a failing one. See me after class.

btw, mystic tater,

Your "spirit trees" video seems to be almost mocking Fi. "No way dude, inanimate objects have spirits too! You can't squelch their individuality, MAN! It just wouldn't be right, MAN!"

Plus, your descriptions of molding to fit the social expectations of others are very Fe and very not Fi. From an Fi standpoint, you are who you are and nobody should expect you to change that.

heart

heart on fire
To Tater, I don't understand what you were getting at with the "you feel confined" thing. What are you asking me there?

G

Ginkgo

To Tater, I don't understand what you were getting at with the "you feel confined" thing. What are you asking me there?

Hmm, sometimes I feel confined when others are pushing a given thing on me - particularly an agenda of some sort. I have to know the details of the endeavor and why I should participate. I would think this is an Fi property. "I can't possibly go along with this".

It's like those times when Batman needs a reason to leave his lair to roll with the Justice League. You know?

batman.jpg

G

Ginkgo

btw, mystic tater,

Your "spirit trees" video seems to be almost mocking Fi. "No way dude, inanimate objects have spirits too! You can't squelch their individuality, MAN! It just wouldn't be right, MAN!"

Plus, your descriptions of molding to fit the social expectations of others are very Fe and very not Fi. From an Fi standpoint, you are who you are and nobody should expect you to change that.

I'm always trying to change myself to adapt. Anyone who's known me for any period of time, even on these forums would know this. I thought this was an INFP property of "personal growth", while INFJs tend to nurture others?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, sometimes I feel confined when others are pushing a given thing on me - particularly an agenda of some sort. I have to know the details of the endeavor and why I should participate. I would think this is an Fi property. "I can't possibly go along with this".

It depends. What do you fear might happen if you go along with that agenda without knowing the specifics? What might you be forced into that you are uncomfortable with and why?

I'm always trying to change myself to adapt. Anyone who's known me for any period of time, even on these forums would know this. I thought this was an INFP property of "personal growth", while INFJs tend to nurture others?

Well, every type focuses on personal growth in some way. That's not really type-specific. The question is what are you adapting to? Are you trying to align with the cultural expectations of those important to you (Fe), or change your environment by broadening context to invent new approaches to things (Ne)?

heart

heart on fire

If I feel you're pushing some agenda on me and it isn't something I've already decided on, I resist hard and let the chips fall where they may. I don't give a damn about why I *should* participate. Pushing all by itself raises my hackles.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^What Heart describes is typical of INFPs.

Jaguar

I know what your childish prank meant. Unlike yourself, I don't need the obvious explained.

It can also be a product of age and have absolutely nothing to do with type.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know what your childish prank meant. Unlike yourself, I don't need the obvious explained.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It can also be a product of age and have absolutely nothing to do with type.

Well yeah, types that prefer Fi will learn to pay more attention to Fe as they get older, naturally.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sure, but when forced to, like at work or such, it still makes me feel almost physically ill.

Yeah, tater doesn't seem to have that sort of problem. He describes integrating with his social surroundings quite naturally, which seems pretty Fe.

I'm sure he still has some Fi moments, but it would seem that Fe is the preferred feeling process for him.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude, you aren't Fi.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Does it help to mention that he's almost always rambling about something delightfully strange when he's in vent? Tater is SO imaginative and he seems to like to talk, sing, and tell stories.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
In fact, he seems like a male counterpart to prplchknz in some regards, and she's INFP.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In fact, he seems like a female counterpart to prplchknz in some regards, and she's INFP.

Well that's kind of insulting, isn't it? prplchknz needs a female counterpart?

Does it help to mention that he's almost always rambling about something delightfully strange when he's in vent? Tater is SO imaginative and he seems to like to talk, sing, and tell stories.

That doesn't indicate INFP or INFJ any more than the other. INFJs talk about some weird shit too, and in fact many descriptions talk about how they're frequently mistaken for extroverts because Fe leads them to take such an active interest in others.

heart

heart on fire

So does Jeffster if I remember correctly. Edahn used to as well. Oh and that German dude and every third ENTP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well that's kind of insulting, isn't it? prplchknz needs a female counterpart?

Ooops ha ha I meant male!

That doesn't indicate INFP or INFJ any more than the other. INFJs talk about some weird shit too, and in fact many descriptions talk about how they're frequently mistaken for extroverts because Fe leads them to take such an active interest in others.

I would guess that maybe he's either Ne or Ni dom, as opposed to Fi dom.

Whatever Tater is, he rocks.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mystic_Tater said:
@ Nunki : In comparison to Ni, are you sure Si+Fi can't have a similar product?
I think it would amount to recalling how you felt at some time, using those memories as raw material for an ethical framework, and staying true to that framework over a period of time. Even if that isn't the most accurate picture, it's well-known that INFPs resist adapting their ethics to a new environment; they consider it shallow and arbitrary, since they judge inwardly, try to stick by those judgments, and expect others to do the same. As an Fe-user, I make plenty of moral judgments, myself, but these judgments are made in a spontaneous manner; I'm cold-blooded, morally, not warm-blooded. That doesn't mean I simply do whatever everyone thinks is right--I've often spoken out against what I saw as corruption--nor does it mean that I'm open to the possibility of deciding it's okay to commit murder. What it does mean is that my ethics are flexible, modified to fit my surroundings, and largely absent without the presence of people. If you can relate to that more than you can my description of an INFP, there's a good change you should change the last letter of your type.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So does Jeffster if I remember correctly. Edahn used to as well. Oh and that German dude and every third ENTP.

You mean Entropie. All of those people you just mentioned have Ne, except for Jeffster.