• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ugghh... What's My Type?

What's my Type?

• INFP

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • INFJ

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • INTP

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Someting Else

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
G

Ginkgo

Well shit, you had me fooled. :)

Do you identify with either of these descriptions at all?

Tertiary Temptation

Fi. Yup. Not sure if it's dominant, auxiliary, or tertiary, but it's there. I also think that Fe users tend to try to mince it up or pull it apart. Stretch my limits, you could say. There are a some things you just can't force me to do.

@ Nunki : In comparison to Ni, are you sure Si+Fi can't have a similar product?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mystic are you fake?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fi. Yup. Not sure if it's dominant, auxiliary, or tertiary, but it's there. I also think that Fe users tend to try to mince it up or pull it apart. Stretch my limits, you could say. There are a some things you just can't force me to do.

@ Nunki : In comparison to Ni, are you sure Si+Fi can't have a similar product?

Oooh, maybe INTJ in Ni+Fi loop...

G

Ginkgo

Mystic are you fake?

Fi?

Yeah, I kinda am. Though I wish I wasn't. This is annoying.

I project a certain idea or thing about myself and I seek external confirmation that it is accurate. Constantly. Some people might call me an attention seeker, but that's not it. It's an experimentation to understand people and myself more fully. This is how I bond with my environment.

heart

heart on fire
Fi?

I project a certain idea or thing about myself and I seek external confirmation that it is accurate.

This doesn't sound Fi to me. The world's feedback about me usually irritates the hell out of me. The outside world can tell me little about myself, this my gut response.

However, I am curious about other people and I observe them endlessly, fasincated with their duality and hypocrisies etc.

VagrantFarce

it's interesting that you identify with those Fi statements (about identifying and staying away from what isn't you), but also say this:

I framed them all perfectly, and I can't say any one of them is "me". I don't know what "me" is.

Which is it, bub?! :steam:

:)

G

Ginkgo

Tater how do you feel about Kiddo's statement here:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/210847-post7.html

It unnerves me.

Hah. I'm adaptable. Certainly, the quality of being a hair is an innate pleasure; but I prefer changing colors. It feels nice. Some people like to specialize and invest in one strategy during a chess game, but I prefer to invest in a bit of each strategy to adapt on the move. It's all about molding to fit any shape in an effort to fit a construct.

G

Ginkgo

it's interesting that you identify with those Fi statements (about identifying and staying away from what isn't you), but also say this:

Which is it, bub?! :steam:

:)

I know, I'm full of contradictions, aren't I? And even as this thread progresses, I adapt and mold like an amorphous creature of some sort.

heart

heart on fire
Hah. I'm adaptable. Certainly, the quality of being a hair is an innate pleasure; but I prefer changing colors. It feels nice. Some people like to specialize and invest in one strategy during a chess game, but I prefer to invest in a bit of each strategy to adapt on the move. It's all about molding to fit any shape in an effort to fit a construct.

See now, for me, that whole concept just does something to me, I can feel all the particules of my being, cringing with revulsion. I mean seriously.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fi?

I project a certain idea or thing about myself and I seek external confirmation that it is accurate. Constantly. Some people might call me an attention seeker, but that's not it. It's an experimentation to understand people and myself more fully. This is how I bond with my environment.

Fe! I agree with Heart. And you also say you identify with Ni extremely well, so what's the hangup about?

You might just have a stronger sense of Fi than most INFJs, but if Ni is the bigger priority, then you can't really be INFP.

G

Ginkgo

See now, for me, that whole concept just does something to me, I can feel all the particules of my being, cringing with revulsion. I mean seriously.

You feel like you are being confined. Like you've lost your.. uh... hmm...

2 years ago I took an art class. The classroom was often a slovenly mess. One day a substitute teacher came in and organized every tool and brush. So what was once a growing forest of a classroom became an organized, vertically built city.

I sat there, staring at some paint brushes that were arranged like the "signal" indicator on your cell phone: from shortest to longest.

_30593_142452.jpg

It looked so... wrong.

heart

heart on fire
You feel like you are being confined. Like you've lost your.. uh... hmm...

2 years ago I took an art class. The classroom was often a slovenly mess. One day a substitute teacher came in and organized every tool and brush. So what was once a growing forest of a classroom became an organized, vertically built city.

I sat there, staring at some paint brushes that were arranged like the "signal" indicator on your cell phone: from shortest to longest.

_30593_142452.jpg

It looked so... wrong.

In art class, I'd be sitting there, totally lost to my surroundings, while a panaroma of possible art projects flashes through my head, feeling frustrated at my lack of manual dexterity.

My INFJ husband gets all hung up on that art brush type of thing. Dates. Times. What car was he driving when this song was popular? That kind of thing. I always think it is inferior S. The little lights flashing on the radio.