MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    T
    No I meant F as in your grade. It's a failing one. See me after class.

btw, mystic tater,

Your "spirit trees" video seems to be almost mocking Fi. "No way dude, inanimate objects have spirits too! You can't squelch their individuality, MAN! It just wouldn't be right, MAN!"

Plus, your descriptions of molding to fit the social expectations of others are very Fe and very not Fi. From an Fi standpoint, you are who you are and nobody should expect you to change that.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

heart on fire

To Tater, I don't understand what you were getting at with the "you feel confined" thing. What are you asking me there?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    To Tater, I don't understand what you were getting at with the "you feel confined" thing. What are you asking me there?
    Hmm, sometimes I feel confined when others are pushing a given thing on me - particularly an agenda of some sort. I have to know the details of the endeavor and why I should participate. I would think this is an Fi property. "I can't possibly go along with this".

It's like those times when Batman needs a reason to leave his lair to roll with the Justice League. You know?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

btw, mystic tater,

Your "spirit trees" video seems to be almost mocking Fi. "No way dude, inanimate objects have spirits too! You can't squelch their individuality, MAN! It just wouldn't be right, MAN!"

Plus, your descriptions of molding to fit the social expectations of others are very Fe and very not Fi. From an Fi standpoint, you are who you are and nobody should expect you to change that.
    I'm always trying to change myself to adapt. Anyone who's known me for any period of time, even on these forums would know this. I thought this was an INFP property of "personal growth", while INFJs tend to nurture others?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Hmm, sometimes I feel confined when others are pushing a given thing on me - particularly an agenda of some sort. I have to know the details of the endeavor and why I should participate. I would think this is an Fi property. "I can't possibly go along with this".
    It depends. What do you fear might happen if you go along with that agenda without knowing the specifics? What might you be forced into that you are uncomfortable with and why?

I'm always trying to change myself to adapt. Anyone who's known me for any period of time, even on these forums would know this. I thought this was an INFP property of "personal growth", while INFJs tend to nurture others?
    Well, every type focuses on personal growth in some way. That's not really type-specific. The question is what are you adapting to? Are you trying to align with the cultural expectations of those important to you (Fe), or change your environment by broadening context to invent new approaches to things (Ne)?

heart on fire

If I feel you're pushing some agenda on me and it isn't something I've already decided on, I resist hard and let the chips fall where they may. I don't give a damn about why I *should* participate. Pushing all by itself raises my hackles.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^What Heart describes is typical of INFPs.

I know what your childish prank meant. Unlike yourself, I don't need the obvious explained.

It can also be a product of age and have absolutely nothing to do with type.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I know what your childish prank meant. Unlike yourself, I don't need the obvious explained.
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It can also be a product of age and have absolutely nothing to do with type.
    Well yeah, types that prefer Fi will learn to pay more attention to Fe as they get older, naturally.

heart on fire

Well yeah, types that prefer Fi will learn to pay more attention to Fe as they get older, naturally.
    Sure, but when forced to, like at work or such, it still makes me feel almost physically ill.