User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's my Type?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFP

    13 43.33%
  • INFJ

    7 23.33%
  • INTJ

    0 0%
  • ISFP

    1 3.33%
  • INTP

    4 13.33%
  • Someting Else

    5 16.67%
First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 139

  1. #91
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Good god. And you complain when I tell you your reading comprehension sucks.
    It's just funny to see someone who takes such petty delight in others mistakes to refuse to admit that he simply didn't understand something clearly. It's human to misinterpret other people's words or to need to clarify the meaning. Inductive reasoning can't always save the day.

    But you're still my favorite ENTP!

  2. #92
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    It's just funny to see someone who takes such petty delight in others mistakes to refuse to admit that he simply didn't understand something clearly. It's human to misinterpret other people's words or to need to clarify the meaning. Inductive reasoning can't always save the day.

    But you're still my favorite ENTP!
    Okay, but I never even meant to imply that I had any direct understanding of the outbursts he was talking about--you made the assumption that I was saying I did, and then proceeded to "correct" a perceived "mistake" based on an incorrect reading of what I actually meant.


    By the way, n00bs, you're all being trolled. He knows he's INFJ and decided to act INFP just to screw with public opinion and manipulate people. It's all one big Ni+Fe social experiment and the best part of the joke is that he gets the last laugh:



    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  3. #93
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Okay, but I never even meant to imply that I had any direct understanding of the outbursts he was talking about--you made the assumption that I was saying I did, and then proceeded to "correct" a mistake based on an incorrect reading of what I actually meant.


    By the way, n00bs, you're all being trolled. He knows he's INFJ and decided to act INFP just to screw with public opinion and manipulate people. It's all one big Ni+Fe social experiment and the best part of the joke is that he gets the last laugh:



    No. Why do you like to slant it in your bias all the time? You're so selfish.

  4. #94
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    I posted the full context in both cases. What slanting occurred?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  5. #95
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Nah, I said you'd resemble a very extroverted ESFP with poor Fi, if you didn't have any Ni. The point is that when you drop the secondary function, the dom+tert combination that results is the same two functions of the dom+tert in the type that shares only the first letter with you, but differs on the last three.

    Since you do have pretty good Ni, you rarely resemble an ESFP. This would only happen during moments of strong Se use, filtered through your dominant Te.
    We've never had a conversation about ESFP's, ever.
    You really do make up shit as you go along. It's ridiculous.

    Sim, man. Get Help. I'm sick of you fucking with this kid.

  6. #96
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    We've never had a conversation about ESFP's, ever.
    You really do make up shit as you go along. It's ridiculous.
    Umm...either that or you just have a bad memory.

    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  7. #97
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Okay, but I never even meant to imply that I had any direct understanding of the outbursts he was talking about--you made the assumption that I was saying I did, and then proceeded to "correct" a perceived "mistake" based on an incorrect reading of what I actually meant.


    By the way, n00bs, you're all being trolled. He knows he's INFJ and decided to act INFP just to screw with public opinion and manipulate people. It's all one big Ni+Fe social experiment and the best part of the joke is that he gets the last laugh:



    1) I was clarifying and supplying you with information, and you have so much ego about being right that you have to twist it like a pretzel to try to make yourself look "correct."

    2) Again, with ego about being right, you use an old email from like six months ago about a completely unrelated thread to try to prove your point about Tater.

    BECAUSE BEING RIGHT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE!!!111

  8. #98
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I posted the full context in both cases. What slanting occurred?
    The slanting of your psyche.

    (seriously).

  9. #99
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    The slanting of your psyche.

    (seriously).
    Oh, I'd love to hear about this one.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  10. #100
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Oh, I'd love to hear about this one.
    From The Art of Controversy by Arthur Schopenhauer

    The Extension.—This consists in carrying your opponent’s proposition beyond its natural limits; in giving it as general a signification and as wide a sense as possible, so as to exaggerate it; and, on the other hand, in giving your own proposition as restricted a sense and as narrow limits as you can, because the more general a statement becomes, the more numerous are the objections to which it is open. The defence consists in an accurate statement of the point or essential question at issue.
    Example 1.—I asserted that the English were supreme in drama. My opponent attempted to give an instance to the contrary, and replied that it was a well-known fact that in music, and consequently in opera, they could do nothing at all. I repelled the attack by reminding him that music was not included in dramatic art, which covered tragedy and comedy alone. This he knew very well. What he had done was to try to generalise my proposition, so that it would apply to all theatrical representations, and, consequently, to opera and then to music, in order to make certain of defeating me. Contrarily, we may save our proposition by reducing it within narrower limits than we had first intended, if our way of expressing it favours this expedient.
    Example 2.—A. declares that the Peace of 1814 gave back their independence to all the German towns of the Hanseatic League. B. gives an instance to the contrary by reciting the fact that Dantzig, which received its independence from Buonaparte, lost it by that Peace. A. saves himself thus: “I said ‘all German towns,’ and Dantzig was in Poland.”
    This trick was mentioned by Aristotle in the Topica (bk. viii., cc. 11, 12).
    Example 3.—Lamarck, in his Philosophic Zoologique (vol. i., p. 208), states that the polype has no feeling, because it has no nerves. It is certain, however, that it has some sort of perception; for it advances towards light by moving in an ingenious fashion from branch to branch, and it seizes its prey. Hence it has been assumed that its nervous system is spread over the whole of its body in equal measure, as though it were blended with it; for it is obvious that the polype possesses some faculty of perception without having any separate organs of sense. Since this assumption refutes Lamarck’s position, he argues thus: “In that case all parts of its body must be capable of every kind of feeling, and also of motion, of will, of thought. The polype would have all the organs of the most perfect animal in every point of its body; every point could see, smell, taste, hear, and so on; nay, it could think, judge, and draw conclusions; every particle of its body would be a perfect animal and it would stand higher than man, as every part of it would possess all the faculties which man possesses only in the whole of him. Further, there would be no reason for not extending what is true of the polype to all monads, the most imperfect of all creatures, and ultimately to the plants, which are also alive, etc., etc.” By using dialectical tricks of this kind a writer betrays that he is secretly conscious of being in the wrong. Because it was said that the creature’s whole body is sensitive to light, and is therefore possessed of nerves, he makes out that its whole body is capable of thought.

Similar Threads

  1. So what's my type ?
    By entropie in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 11:58 PM
  2. So what is my type ?
    By entropie in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 04:27 AM
  3. What's My Type?
    By MuraKoji in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 09:07 AM
  4. Results are here. What's my type?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 09:46 AM
  5. What's my type,
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO