• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my fictional character as real

Little_Sticks

I have a fictional character that I would like to be typed as a real person. I’ve put some thought into what her basic motivations will be based on. And I will admit, some of these reflect traits in myself, but that’s not what I want to discuss. It should be interesting to see what anyone thinks this person's type would be if real.
She has the following qualities:

1. Feels extreme uneasiness dealing with people one-on-one.

2. Has friends she can trust enough to hang out with, but not enough to share her inner thoughts with. This stems from knowing she has to pretend to have a personality around people or else they become uninterested in her. The pretending is a lot less with friends, but is still there to an annoying degree for her.

3. Wants to be able to trust someone to where the acting does not need to be present to have a positive relation with someone.

4. She thinks most people are dumb because she’s always playing the safe observer before jumping into a new situation and always finds senseless contradictions about people. Because of this, she wants people to make sense so she can trust or love someone, but it never happens. In rare cases, when feeling exceptionally betrayed, these observations get unleashed under great frustration and cold anger that leaves people devastated enough to not want anything to do with her ever again. Afterwards, she feels distraught from her conscious reflection that tells her what she did was stupid and wrong because now she’s completely alone, but doesn’t want to be. But she doesn’t regret what she has done because she understands it made sense to her at the time.

5. As a critical observer she does her best to remain neutral about everything involving people because their contradictory nature makes it impossible to trust any of them, unless she can observe otherwise in a person.

6. People with charisma makes her feel the most uncomfortable she has ever felt. This is because people with charisma tend to manipulate her into doing things she doesn’t want to do in an effort to portray the correct personality.

7. Human interaction is confusing and tiring to her because she has to try to make a conscious effort to block out the right noises and stimuli, external and internal, in order to pretend to have a personality for people. She understands she has to do this because she can’t trust anyone to understand or help her appropriately. And if most people knew thoughts, she thinks they would tell her she is lazy or depressed.

8. She enjoys good television shows and movies with complex and interesting characters that have intrinsic meanings between them. She enjoys music that is complex and let's her tap into some imaginative emotion. She’s inspired and moved by characters that show their complex inner workings, regardless of whether or not they might be labeled as good or evil. Often hates the idea of marking people villains and heroes (evil and good). Is most moved by characters who disregard feelings and societal values, protocols, and motivations to try to create a world where there will be little or no suffering between people. These characters also often have deep appreciation and love for the people around them, even if it they can’t show it.

9. Because of 1-8 above she desires to live a life alone studying and enjoying the world around her. But really she would prefer if she could have people to be occasionally be around that she can trust enough to not have to feel she has to have a personality for them.

What do you think?

Little_Sticks

Okay, I can kind of see that. But for the sake of my curiosity, what was it about that that led you to conclude INFP? And this is purely for creative fun. So you don't have to worry about answering incorrectly.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
1. Feels extreme uneasiness dealing with people one-on-one.
This sounds like a very shy person to me -- probably introverted, and probably very sensitive.

2. Has friends she can trust enough to hang out with, but not enough to share her inner thoughts with. This stems from knowing she has to pretend to have a personality around people or else they become uninterested in her. The pretending is a lot less with friends, but is still there to an annoying degree for her.
Having problems 'sharing her inner thoughts' seems pretty N to me.

3. Wants to be able to trust someone to where the acting does not need to be present to have a positive relation with someone.
Well, I guess everyone wants that. :D

4. She thinks most people are dumb because she’s always playing the safe observer before jumping into a new situation and always finds senseless contradictions about people. Because of this, she wants people to make sense so she can trust or love someone, but it never happens. In rare cases, when feeling exceptionally betrayed, these observations get unleashed under great frustration and cold anger that leaves people devastated enough to not want anything to do with her ever again. Afterwards, she feels distraught from her conscious reflection that tells her what she did was stupid and wrong because now she’s completely alone, but doesn’t want to be. But she doesn’t regret what she has done because she understands it made sense to her at the time.
I don't know why, but this sounds pretty Fi.

5. As a critical observer she does her best to remain neutral about everything involving people because their contradictory nature makes it impossible to trust any of them, unless she can observe otherwise in a person.
This just sounds like someone who has been hurt in the past and is trying not to get hurt again.

6. People with charisma makes her feel the most uncomfortable she has ever felt. This is because people with charisma tend to manipulate her into doing things she doesn’t want to do in an effort to portray the correct personality.
Again, sounds Fi.

7. Human interaction is confusing and tiring to her because she has to try to make a conscious effort to block out the right noises and stimuli, external and internal, in order to pretend to have a personality for people. She understands she has to do this because she can’t trust anyone to understand or help her appropriately. And if most people knew thoughts, she thinks they would tell her she is lazy or depressed.
Sounds like a depressed INFP. "Human interaction" could be the lack of understanding of Fe (which can easily be perceived).

8. She enjoys good television shows and movies with complex and interesting characters that have intrinsic meanings between them. She enjoys music that is complex and let's her tap into some imaginative emotion. She’s inspired and moved by characters that show their complex inner workings, regardless of whether or not they might be labeled as good or evil. Often hates the idea of marking people villains and heroes (evil and good). Is most moved by characters who disregard feelings and societal values, protocols, and motivations to try to create a world where there will be little or no suffering between people. These characters also often have deep appreciation and love for the people around them, even if it they can’t show it.
Sounds like an idealist.

9. Because of 1-8 above she desires to live a life alone studying and enjoying the world around her. But really she would prefer if she could have people to be occasionally be around that she can trust enough to not have to feel she has to have a personality for them.
Extreme introvert.

Well, she sounds like a pretty young and not too well-adjusted INFP who grew up without strong family ties or friends. The 'having to pretend to have a personality' does sound a bit weird (like she's a robot or something:huh:), but I took it to mean that she feels she has to 'act' in order to 'fit in', like kids who have to pretend to like certain tv shows and celebrities to fit in with the cooler kids.

Did you have a different type in mind?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can see INTP too to be honest. Much of what you describe could be introverted thinking. But INFP's can appear much like INTP's. An INTP however will rely on the logical more. An INFP reaches their conviction through emotion.

This fictional person seems to struggle with certain aspects that an INTP would have little problem with dealing. It may be a source of irritation and annoyance for an INTP, but for an INTP it is easily dealt with. An INFP on the other hand might have more trouble with accepting things if they just don't seem to feel right. And is more likely to be upset over something that for an INTP appears menial.

But hey, an INTP may find these issues just as important. Much of what we are is due to our upbringing after all.

Either way, I can't quite put my finger on it. So I'll go with INxP.

PS: Fictional characters are pretty hard to type. Because they don't function like real people do. :p

However, if you are personally the characters creator, then it's up to you to shape her accordingy to your own wishes. If it's someone elses creation, then may I ask which fictional character it is? :D

Little_Sticks

The character is bits and pieces of some other fictional characters I know of. I would say INFP and INXP are probably pretty accurate.
Here's some of the fictional characters that she is based off of.

Introverted feelings similar to - Hinata Hyuga (Naruto)

Externally Robotic and sarcastic around strangers like an INTJ until she thinks it is safe to let her guard down - Daria (Daria)

When guard is down and feeling energized and emotionally safe, she becomes gentle and letting go of frustration, but idealistic like - Folken (Escaflowne)

Internally hurt like - Tsukasa (.hack//Sign)

Interally thinking about situations (will analyze first and if the chances of failure are likely, will not try if not needed to) like - Shikamaru Nara (Naruto)

Afraid to trust (forever suspicious of people not known for a long time or strangers who come of as nice) and doesn't enjoy being seen as above others, even if that makes other people happy to look up to her - Youko Nakajima (Twelve Kingdoms)

But maybe it helps if I explain her inner child. It would have to be Gon (Hunter X Hunter).

Oh, and yes it's my creation. But I was thinking I would give her a primary type and wanted to know what people could conclude after knowing what she is based on.

Edit: Thanks Fluffywolf and 21%. This helped a lot. I think that's all I needed to know. I'm concluding INFP for this.

Last edited: