User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

I'd say P because you're having trouble picking a type & sticking to it

It's kind of fun to introduce myself as a different type each week!

I'm pretty sure about the I (though I'm quite close to the middle, some tests measure me as E but I know that I'm more I), the S, and the P.

I think that some S types are quite tidy. My feeling is that many S's are quite sensitive and particular about their environment and want a certain harmony around them - and a big pile of laundry kind of spoils it!

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post

I think that some S types are quite tidy. My feeling is that many S's are quite sensitive and particular about their environment and want a certain harmony around them - and a big pile of laundry kind of spoils it!
    I can't speak for S types in general, I'm not even sure of my type really, but I'm like this. Mess bothers me and I tend to keep my room fairly clean (ironically, way tidier than my INFJ and ESFJ roommates'). I can't study if my room's messy, it's too uncomfortable...

I can't speak for S types in general, I'm not even sure of my type really, but I'm like this. Mess bothers me and I tend to keep my room fairly clean (ironically, way tidier than my INFJ and ESFJ roommates'). I can't study if my room's messy, it's too uncomfortable...
    Me too! I can't cook in a messy kitchen either. This confused me for a long time and made me think that I was a J - but I'm not.

MBTI
    xNTP

Me too! I can't cook in a messy kitchen either. This confused me for a long time and made me think that I was a J - but I'm not.
    Ahh yes, to quote myself

Ugly house = ugly mood.

I know how you feel.

Exactly!!

I think I've seen some other SP-types on this board say the same thing.

Been thinking some more about the ISTP type, and while I relate to a lot of the general thought patterns, the overall description seems off. But ISTP makes SENSE because of the functions but is it just that I have high F that it seems off? The ISTP profile is generally written as a masculine type who does skilled-trades, likes weapons, the strong-silent type, good with tools and machinery. I'm just really............. girly-girly. My image is more French manicures and high heels.

Maybe I just need to read about women ISTPs?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

The leading functions are different with ISTP's and ISFP's.
    Which seems more familiar to you? Supportin is the same with both.

ISTP
    • Leading: Introverted Thinking: Analyzing, categorizing, and evaluating according to principles
    • Supporting: Extraverted Sensing: Experiencing and acting in the immediate context.

Introverted Thinking
    Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point. Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it. It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles. These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea. This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work. The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency. In so doing, we search for a “leverage point” that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system. We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of what’s observed.

ISFP
    • Leading: Introverted Feeling: Valuing and considering importance, beliefs, and worth
    • Supporting: Extraverted Sensing: Experiencing and acting in the immediate context.

Introverted Feeling
    It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.

I'm going to have to think about this - I can really relate to both. However, it would make more sense to me if I was leading with S rather than either of those two. Maybe I'm just ISXP and that's as close as I'll ever get - nevermind the seperate functions?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I'm going to have to think about this - I can really relate to both. However, it would make more sense to me if I was leading with S rather than either of those two. Maybe I'm just ISXP and that's as close as I'll ever get - nevermind the seperate functions?
    Remember that the first function of introverted person cannot be seen outside.

Si would make you ISTJ or ISFJ. I find ISTJ's extremely proper and ISFJ's extremely tender hearted. Some descriptions, here you go.

ISTJ:
    • Leading: Introverted Sensing: Reviewing and recalling past experiences and seeking detailed data
    • Supporting: Extraverted Thinking: Segmenting, organizing for efficiency, and systematizing

ISFJ
    • Leading: Introverted Sensing: Reviewing and recalling past experiences and seeking detailed data
    • Supporting: Extraverted Feeling: Connecting and considering others and the group

Introverted Sensing
    Type Myers-Briggs
    ISTJ SiTeFiNe SeTiFeNi Introvert Sensing
    ISFJ SiFeTiNe SeFiTeNi Introvert Sensing

Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference

Thanks Alcearos - you are so helpful.

I've ruled out ISTJ a while ago. I have none of that need for outside structure, details, rules, etc. Just no.

ISFJ - that was my original thought when I came to the board. But I'm just not that giving, not big on social formalities, conformity etc. Actually I'm fairly conventional myself but I don't necessarily think it;s a GOOD thing. I'm very open-minded.

I thought that MBTI would be so useful as a tool to learn more about myself and my possibilities but inevitably what happens is I figure out the pieces - the I, the S etc. but when I put them all together they don't resemble me enough to be really useful. Last I checked I was something like:

55%I, 74%S, 51%F, 65%P