User Tag List

First 6141516

Hmm....I make a living being creative and seeing possiblities as an Interior Designer. I can look at just about any space (inside or out), or object and envision it differently, improved or just used in a different kind of way. I'm really good at creating a 'picture in my mind' then making it a reality. I have strong visual spatial skills and tend to analyze negative space (space around objects) as much as the object itself. I can also rotate objects in my mind 3-dimensionally and so forth.

So is this different than what you are saying Uber or am I just unusual for an S-type? Not sure what you mean by

the S can also innovate, but they aren't normally on the look for anything new, it mostly happens through discovery
    If I envision, design and install a completey new living room for someone - is this something 'new' or through discovery? I'm thinking it's something new.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Hmm....I make a living being creative and seeing possiblities as an Interior Designer. I can look at just about any space (inside or out), or object and envision it differently, improved or just used in a different kind of way. I'm really good at creating a 'picture in my mind' then making it a reality. I have strong visual spatial skills and tend to analyze negative space (space around objects) as much as the object itself. I can also rotate objects in my mind 3-dimensionally and so forth.

So is this different than what you are saying Uber or am I just unusual for an S-type? Not sure what you mean by

If I envision, design and install a completey new living room for someone - is this something 'new' or through discovery? I'm thinking it's something new.
    Yes that's an N trait. And you seem to be a very mild S or mild N. Meaning you have balance of both traits.

Well good then!

I think having both S and N works well for my job.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Ezra - I'm not sure which is better yet but I find anything that gives real-life examples more helpful since it lessens the ambiguity. I have a tendency to read way too much into things epecially vague explanations.
    I completely agree.

What do you think of this:?

How to Experience Different Function-Attitudes

I found it incredibly helpful and I was really able to understand the functions better in terms of my own behavior. Hopefully the person who wrote it knows what they are talking about!
    I feel no affinity with any of the functional behaviours and attitudes to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    One doesn't have to use a test, introspection is also possible, you know. (But it is easier for people with little function knowledge to use a test.) The test is obviously not perfect, but its input is especially valuable to someone who knows how to interpret it, and might discover obvious typing mistakes.
    The problem with it is that there are only six questions for each function, so it can never be that accurate.

I think you should really consider your own cognitive functions profile as well, because I doubt you ENTJ typing, but sure, I have seen a few things that might support it as well.
    The way in which MBTI tests is dichotomically. Hence, I take it that MBTT places more emphasis on the dichotomies than on the functions, running contra to socionics.

If you want to pursue the dichotomy perspective I recommend you Big Five. It's a lot better and far more nuanced than MBTI in that respect, and has relatively large scientific support. I especially recommend the SLOAN+ system, which is great.
    Here are my results.

S(64%)C(70%)O(60%)E(76%)N(62%)

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    What makes you say that? They're fairly easy to discern. Most of the ENFP women around me tend to be hippie militant liberal types however.
    Interesting combination is hippiness, militancy and liberality.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    N has creative ideas, S has creative applications. S is better at troubleshooting, while the N is better at imagining.
    And what about, for example, in the case of the NT economist? Are they not masters of troubleshooting?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Here's a test that might help out.

DISC TEST, A FREE DISC type TEST

Just post your results when you're done.

Alicia, you can do it, too, if you like.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    And what about, for example, in the case of the NT economist? Are they not masters of troubleshooting?
    Who says economics is an NT pursuit? I think it's more of an ST.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Here's a test that might help out.

DISC TEST, A FREE DISC type TEST

Just post your results when you're done.

Alicia, you can do it, too, if you like.
    Thanks for that test, INTJMom. It was interesting and a nice change to the constant repetition of MBTI tests whereby the questions are all the same in every test, and I know exactly what each is implying. At least on this one I don't have a clue what my result will be, hence it's fairer. My results:

DOMINANCE = 52
    INFLUENCE = 24
    STEADINESS = 4
    COMPLIANCE = 20

I answered "Very honestly" to the last question. This is an honest answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Who says economics is an NT pursuit? I think it's more of an ST.
    Perhaps, but do you know of the economist philosophers, a la Robert Nozick and Friedrich Hayek? Nozick was a clear NT, and I doubt Hayek was an ST.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Honestly I think you should just try to learn more about the cognitive functions, and on that basis decide what your type is. You might not find a perfect match even based on cognitive functions, but I think you should be able to find a very decent one. It should be easier to find out if you are ISFP or INFP than if you are INFJ. Fi is a function quite easy to understand, while the dominant function of the INFJ, Ni, is probably the most difficult one to understand, so take your time when you try to understand it.
    Okay Split since I admire your insights and you are aware of at least my argument that the cognitive functions are too fluid to result in obtaining your preferences from a test, can you explain how one should answer the questions without getting skewed results?

Granted I may result in Ti, however usually I get Ni. Not because that is, or I consider it, my dominant introverted function. Based on Beebe, it is the function that ISPs readily use after their dominant function. I also may or may not get Se (which usually I don't because I am doing things that calls for another function. In fact if I am using Se, then it means that I am not typing on the forums, instead doing something like gardening, working in my yard or going for a nice peaceful walk. So again I would not result in my dominant functions because when taking the test, I am not cognizant of them.

Dichotomy thinking is honestly useless, and personally I consider it past in my understanding of MBTI. I think back on my early MBTI days with dichotomy thinking, and can't help but feel my understanding was very shallow, and that I understand so much more now. It seems like you as well are discovering all the joys of function theory. [/QUOTE]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Ezra - I'm not sure which is better yet but I find anything that gives real-life examples more helpful since it lessens the ambiguity. I have a tendency to read way too much into things epecially vague explanations. What do you think of this:?

How to Experience Different Function-Attitudes
    I had a Te moment today, and realised that I actually use it quite a lot. Hence, I relate most to Te. Clearly I was in theoretical mode when I was reading this article.