User Tag List

First 12

Thread: An abstract SJ?

MBTI
    CAT

You sound like an INFP to me. I reckon that a lot, if not most, INFPs have a good usage of Si. Actually, yours sounds like quite a normal usage of Si to me.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't know. I know that worst-case-scenario-imagining has been attributed to inferior Ne, but what about shadow Ne? What about unhealthy (whatever that means) use of dominant or auxiliary Ni or Ne?

I know I do it, though I don't know where it comes from functionally speaking.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Type analysis: autism spectrum
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Type analysis: autism spectrum
    You're the one with the anime avatar there spergy.

The funny thing about INFP is that everyone I've discussed this with in person thinks I'm a J. Is that common with you other INFP's?

I've been described as controlled, structured, anal, a planner, stubborn, etc. I'm usually not very wish-washy about my thoughts either except for my personality type.

I do, however, have poor follow-though and I procrastinate a lot (as in - almost never finish anything I start and have trouble sticking with anything).

Maybe I should just accept that I'm one of the few who doesn't really fit into the theory well and be done with it.

INFx is about as close to an definite answer as I'm going to get. Really though, does it matter? The two types can be incredibly similar (outwardly) so unless I need to know exactly how my mind works, who cares?

Thanks for all the help.

Isn't SJ itself an abstraction? Wouldn't that make SJ abstract by definition?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    -

Default It works both ways

It isn't just Sensors (S) who are prone to mistake themselves as Intuitive (N) due to certain tendencies e.g. liking to juggle many idea's and concepts, bored with mundane reality.

Many Intuitive (N) types have a well-developed Sensing function, that can deceive them into assuming they are a Sensor (S). I myself have been involved with such a scenario upon being introduced to an MBTI personality test in mid-2007, classified as an ESTJ originally.

The most effective way to understand the S-N dichotomy in terms of personal usage and self-classification, is to admit to the ease and importance placed upon Si, Se, Ni and Ne in both everyday life and major events .
    In theory, those with a Sensing/Intuition function in the Auxiliary role should be followed closely by the opposite Sensing/Intuition function in the Tertiary position.
    Thereby allowing an individual to have a better grasp on both S-N functions in the long-term during the process of maturity (which could explain some people's situation) as opposed to the Dominant-Inferior conflict apparent in every life situation.

No amount of speculation including my own, will explain borderline S-N attitudes. They should certainly be embraced by anyone to create a balanced and coherent view on the world that is neither superficial or scattered.
    ENTJ

Te > Ni > Ti > Se = Si > Fe > Ne > Fi

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Isn't SJ itself an abstraction? Wouldn't that make SJ abstract by definition?
    I just meant that I'm very speculative and theoretical.