• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is this guy?

DuoRCN

This guy, being me. So, after a long time considering the subject, i've decided to get an objective perspective on what type I would be considered to be. To narrow it down, i've determined that I have an intuitive thinking bent to perspective, and i've personally narrowed it down to either INTP or INTJ, but other suggestions are welcome.

I would describe myself as incredibly introverted, even so far as to be a lurker on a message board. If i do decide to post, i'd generally try to structure my response in some way, as i'm probably used to forming my thoughts into paragraphs. In some cases, i'd spend some bit of time forming a response, then generally not posting it at all. I usually think I have nothing to really add, or to say, and I guess this can apply to life as well.

I have a real tendency to plan things, and never do them, or just toss an idea on the backburner while I just take whatever comes my way. I tend to know enough not to fail horribly in school, and I was never the most conscientious student, understanding basic things pretty easily, though I didn't really care for school. Though, i'm having a bit of trouble now, and it's not hard to see why. The horrible bouts of procrastination probably have something to do with it.

I get carried away with my ideas without realizing it, somethings pursuing an idea in my head while not paying attention. I tend to daydream without realizing it, sometimes imagining a dialog between another person and I, or imagine myself doing something. Sometimes I get gottahaveit, and I tend to want things(such as gadgets) as soon as I can get my hands on them, though a lot of the time it ends up not being used much.

When with friends, I tend to become pretty silly, cracking jokes and so on, but mostly if I know everyone well. Otherwise, I tend to clam up, and just observe.
My main use of intuition seems to be getting the gist of things without really paying attention to minute details and realities.

My main problem determining my type has to do with not really understanding or picturing myself using Ti(Lenore Thomson's description of) and not really comprehending how being highly introverted affects type. I'm posting to expand my comprehension as well as develop some more extraversion. Thanks for your responses :cheese:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You sound like an INTP to me. Getting carried away with your ideas and procrastinating all the time seems pretty Ne. :)

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a real tendency to plan things, and never do them, or just toss an idea on the backburner while I just take whatever comes my way.

Overall impression: INTP.

R

Riva

Yes you sound like (a lot like) an INTP.
If it is a question between INTP Vs INTJ, INTP is my choice.

I have a real tendency to plan things, and never do them

This is the killer isn't it?

This shows the absence of Se, I assume. Not the lack but the absence.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
INTP.

Also, never been a fan of Lenore's function descriptions. What does Ti, Ni, Te mean to you? Seeing you describe them might help.

DuoRCN

Thanks for the responses so far guys, it's helping. Regarding the planning things and never doing them, I should clarify and say that I usually get the notion to do something, i'll play it out in my mind a bit, but I don't usually follow through for whatever reason.

As for what the various functions mean to me, I usually conceptualize Ti as having an idea of what the logical consequence of something might be with more experience giving a clearer idea, whereas I view Te as being oriented towards getting things done efficiently and on time, with a pretty clear goal in mind. Ni is a strange one, and I have a weak idea of what it might be. I think of it as seeing the pattern behind things, but i'm unsure as to how it might be experienced. The thing about that is it confuses my understanding of Ne, as I understand both are abstract and pertain to matching patterns, but I don't have a crisp understanding of it that I could explain to another person.

In fact, I should say that I considered INTP to be the more probable of any other type, until I read Thomson's book, which obscured my understanding. My views on the various functions are from Thomson's book, as well as Jung's own Psychological Types, and from the various resources the internet affords.

MBTI Type
INFJ
This guy, being me. So, after a long time considering the subject, i've decided to get an objective perspective on what type I would be considered to be. To narrow it down, i've determined that I have an intuitive thinking bent to perspective, and i've personally narrowed it down to either INTP or INTJ, but other suggestions are welcome.

I would describe myself as incredibly introverted, even so far as to be a lurker on a message board. If i do decide to post, i'd generally try to structure my response in some way, as i'm probably used to forming my thoughts into paragraphs. In some cases, i'd spend some bit of time forming a response, then generally not posting it at all. I usually think I have nothing to really add, or to say, and I guess this can apply to life as well.

I have a real tendency to plan things, and never do them, or just toss an idea on the backburner while I just take whatever comes my way. I tend to know enough not to fail horribly in school, and I was never the most conscientious student, understanding basic things pretty easily, though I didn't really care for school. Though, i'm having a bit of trouble now, and it's not hard to see why. The horrible bouts of procrastination probably have something to do with it.

I get carried away with my ideas without realizing it, somethings pursuing an idea in my head while not paying attention. I tend to daydream without realizing it, sometimes imagining a dialog between another person and I, or imagine myself doing something. Sometimes I get gottahaveit, and I tend to want things(such as gadgets) as soon as I can get my hands on them, though a lot of the time it ends up not being used much.

When with friends, I tend to become pretty silly, cracking jokes and so on, but mostly if I know everyone well. Otherwise, I tend to clam up, and just observe.
My main use of intuition seems to be getting the gist of things without really paying attention to minute details and realities.

My main problem determining my type has to do with not really understanding or picturing myself using Ti(Lenore Thomson's description of) and not really comprehending how being highly introverted affects type. I'm posting to expand my comprehension as well as develop some more extraversion. Thanks for your responses :cheese:

You sound like a clone of my bf! Indeed, maybe you are my bf :)?
And he also says his best-fit-type is INTP.