User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Default type walking tourist, part two

Hi all,
    Please ask questions to help me decide between isfp or istp.
    I have deleted esfp from my list of potential types because, even though I am expressive and social, being around lots of people for an extended length of time wears me out and I can hardly wait to take a walk with me, myself, and I so that the three of us (or just the me of us) can recharge. I don't like to be alone for a long time and am not a loner by any means but I do need some alone time.
    I have also deleted infp from my list of potential types because, to be sure, Ne is not me, while Se is me.
    OK. Ready to go for it!!!
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

oh gosh, ti vs fi

Both can feel like "internal barometers", and both are about maintaining a sense of internal congruence, so it can be tough to differentiate the two. I wrote this description of Ti in another thread (to differentiate it from Te), see if it makes anything light up in your head:

Quote Originally Posted by ME!
    Ti is more gestalt -it's an individualistic, holistic understanding of the variables present in any situation. It therefore feels like you're being guided by an internal barometer (which is why it often gets confused with Fi), allowing your outer behaviour to react perceptually and make things up as you go. Therefore it doesn't necessarily require empirical evidence - just a sense of logical coherence and How Things Work.
    Summing up the difference between the two, I'm guessing:

• Fi asks "is this congruent with who I am? This doesn't reflect my soul - I can't be a part of this. Hmm, look at this guy - is he being congruent with himself? What need is he fulfilling behaving like that?"
    • Ti asks "is this logically congruent? Something about this doesn't fit - what is it? There's a piece missing here that I haven't found yet - I need to find it before I can move forward."

So, assuming that you are an IP, you'll be asking one of these questions (or a similar question) most of the time - whether you're aware of it or not. A good thing to do is to take stock of the questions you're asking yourself when you're next out.

You'll probably need some input from Fi types to see if I'm correct, though.
    Hello

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

The internal barometer description is great and, yes, I'm having a tough time deciding which wins out for me... (see below)...

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    oh gosh, ti vs fi

Both can feel like "internal barometers", and both are about maintaining a sense of internal congruence, so it can be tough to differentiate the two. I wrote this description of Ti in another thread (to differentiate it from Te), see if it makes anything light up in your head:

Summing up the difference between the two, I'm guessing:

• Fi asks "is this congruent with who I am? This doesn't reflect my soul - I can't be a part of this. Hmm, look at this guy - is he being congruent with himself? What need is he fulfilling behaving like that?"
    • Ti asks "is this logically congruent? Something about this doesn't fit - what is it? There's a piece missing here that I haven't found yet - I need to find it before I can move forward."

So, assuming that you are an IP, you'll be asking one of these questions (or a similar question) most of the time - whether you're aware of it or not. A good thing to do is to take stock of the questions you're asking yourself when you're next out.

You'll probably need some input from Fi types to see if I'm correct, though.
    I know that I'm always wondering where those missing pieces more than I'm wondering if something reflects my soul or is congruent with who I am.
    I'd like to hear from Fi types about their perception of what Fi does for them.
    In the meantime, I'll go look for those missing pieces and a little bit of logical congruence.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Remember: just because you're quiet and have feelings doesn't make you an IFP.
    Hello

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I think that I'll read some more istp descriptions. Still a little confused but this one sentence helps a lot.
    Fi is an awfully confusing function. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Remember: just because you're quiet and have feelings doesn't make you an IFP.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You said you related more to the "Entertainer" type than "Operator." Entertainers are the SFPs.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

True. Operator did seem a bit... well... mechanical and entertainer did seem a bit more like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    You said you related more to the "Entertainer" type than "Operator." Entertainers are the SFPs.

The last thing you should do is determine your type by which name you like best. :P

How sure are you that you're an ISP?
    Hello

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

The last thing you should do is determine your type by which name you like best. :P

LOL!!!!
    Actually, I was responding to the description, rather than just the title. Nevertheless, the idea of picking a type by choosing the most appealing name strikes me as very, very funny!

How sure are you that you're an ISP?

I'm not sure. I'm never sure of anything! Whatever my type is, it isn't a type that is especially decisive.
    Last edited by Walking Tourist; 02-09-2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: more information

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Could I possibly be an infj???