• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Should I be ESFP?

Is Jeffster an ESFP?

• Total voters

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I get the feeling this is a "I'm an ISFP you fools, what is wrong with you??" thread.

I voted ESFP because I get that vibe. Keeping it all very scientific.

wolfy

awsm
I get the feeling this is a "I'm an ISFP you fools, what is wrong with you??" thread.

That is the kind of vibe I get too. It is similar to the Ni thread you started earlier.

I don't think that you believe you can tell the difference between expressive and reserved on a forum, that is fine, you probably can't. But it is not fine to start a thread asking about type when you don't even feel that aspect is measurable on a forum.

It seems you are pissed at people calling you out as another type. If you think you are isfp then that is that.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Only if you consider functions when deciding your type. I think your Se is really strong.

How do you determine that?

It is hard to tell between an ESFP or ISFP based on what we perceive when we are online. A safe bet is that Jeffster is ISFP as what he perceives himself to be is most likely truer than what we perceive of him.

Good point. And the last time we did a thread on my type, the only members who had met me in person all said I'm an I.

Well, I know nothing about type and stuff, and I've never met you face-to-face, so I should probably shut up.

But we both know THAT isn't gonna happen. :D

You definitely come across as very Se-like. But I've read that introverts show their aux to the world, and their first function is a very deep, personal side. So could it be that you are ISFP, but you always show us your Se side?

So same question as Quinlan, then. How do I come across as "Se-like?" What is a "Se side" to you?

I've heard a lot of people comment that your N is well developed. If you were ESFP, that would be highly unlikely, wouldn't it? As I recall, you're in your early 30s, right? So that would mean your tertiary is starting to really come into play, and can we REALLY say that's Te?

And then others like simulatedworld say I'm the least intuitive member of the forum. So, it really depends on who you ask, eh? How do you tell if "N is well developed?" Yes I am in my early 30's. I am fairly confident my tertiary is actually Si. That seems to be my 3rd most used function, and the one I developed quite a bit in the last several years.

Excellent point.

Besides, how you come across online can be very different from real life. Only you can really tell if you find interacting with the world around you and acting in the immediate context (not necessarily with people!!!) is exciting or draining for you. Or if you really feel like Se guides you or just helps you out.

True. I have one "online friend" that I've talked to about mostly music and politics for the last eight years or so, and when I showed him an online description of the SP temperament, he said it didn't sound like me at all. "You? Hedonistic? Really? You always seem so calm and conservative."

What can we conclude? I'm too incompetent to figure it out myself, but those are my impressions. Nothing else other than XSFP - probably a weak i or a weak e.

Yes, I am pretty weak. I can't even lift my son into his bed anymore!

Besides, we have to be really careful of not treading the slippery slope of folk typology, and rather look at what motivates your thoughts and feelings. :D

I enjoy the slippery slope of folk typology very much, it's fun to do belly-flops off of. :cool:

if you are a ESFP who has a conversation starting issue even with friends you must be a ESFP with a stone in your throat.

Good point. I never know what to say to people at first, it usually takes a little time for me to open up. But I feel like I have improved in this area somewhat.

Jeffster, you are fucking awesome, and that's all we need to know.

^^^ Why isn't that a poll option?

Because everybody already knows that. Duh. :D

Apparently he wants to know what type he is (whether he is an ESFP) not whether you think he is fucking awesome.

INTUITION FAIL

There go you NFs seeing hidden meanings that aren't there again. This is a "Jeffster wants attention" thread, I said that in the first post!

Good. Because if there's one thing I require in discussions, it's hard science.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
There go you NFs seeing hidden meanings that aren't there again. This is a "Jeffster wants attention" thread, I said that in the first post!

This quote sounds exactly like an ESFP I know. :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think that you believe you can tell the difference between expressive and reserved on a forum, that is fine, you probably can't. But it is not fine to start a thread asking about type when you don't even feel that aspect is measurable on a forum.

It seems you are pissed at people calling you out as another type. If you think you are isfp then that is that.

You tryin to be a party pooper? :D

I'm not pissed about anything, I said in the opening post it doesn't even matter. I don't know whether you can tell the difference on a forum, but I'm always curious to know what other people think. I think your "Ni" is betraying you. I've told you before you should ignore it like I do. :newwink:

wolfy

awsm
You tryin to be a party pooper? :D

I'm not pissed about anything, I said in the opening post it doesn't even matter. I don't know whether you can tell the difference on a forum, but I'm always curious to know what other people think. I think your "Ni" is betraying you. I've told you before you should ignore it like I do. :newwink:

Fair enough.
You seem expressive on the forum but that is all I can say. I think you come across as more expressive than me and the other isfp. Maybe you can start another thread and poll and see. Save that idea for later.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Na-nanny-boo-boo, I entered your SP thread and told you guys how cool you are!!! :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
This quote sounds exactly like an ESFP I know. :D

That's just the kind of hard science I'm looking for! :alttongue:

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Just sayin'.

That's the most concise and thoughtful post in this thread by FAR.

Fair enough.
You seem expressive on the forum but that is all I can say. I think you come across as more expressive than me and the other isfp. Maybe you can start another thread and poll and see. Save that idea for later.

You still haven't told me what the difference is, though. You never answered my questions about how your posts are different than mine as far as "off the cuff" or being spontaneous. I mean, I thought your posts were the same, but if they're not, that's fine, but explain it to me. :yes:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
gorgonzola-cheese.jpg

wolfy

awsm
You still haven't told me what the difference is, though. You never answered my questions about how your posts are different than mine as far as "off the cuff" or being spontaneous. I mean, I thought your posts were the same, but if they're not, that's fine, but explain it to me. :yes:

It is just an overall feeling that though we are similar in temperament you are more extroverted. Clear as mud?

I don't want to get stuck sifting through examples.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
How do you determine that?

So same question as Quinlan, then. How do I come across as "Se-like?" What is a "Se side" to you?

Basically Se is a raw SP attitude, an introverted SP is supposed to find having a pure SP attitude a little more taxing than the extroverted SP.

If you were going by functions you'd ignore sociability because Se isn't really about being skilled socially, it isn't about connecting and relating to people at all. Se might not be talkative and making heaps of friends all the time but it is definitely "out there" in the external world all the time. You seem to take a kind of pride in not approaching/considering things internally or what might be hidden (especially in regards to N stuff), i'd say that points more towards Se dom than Fi dom.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm, interesting. Yes, this is the problem with these various systems all being glomped together. It's possible by Jung's original definitions I could be an extravert, but by the developed definition of a social extrovert I'm not.

I remember Jack Flak's alternate type/function stuff and it was interesting that he said ISFPs still lead with sensing, despite being attentive types. This would seem to describe me best, actually. An attentive sensing type with strong feeling.

Or something like that.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I voted esfp just so I could roar.

Well, that's understandable. :yes:

It is just an overall feeling that though we are similar in temperament you are more extroverted. Clear as mud?

I don't want to get stuck sifting through examples.

:laugh: Yeah, I don't blame ya.

I think in a social sense you seem more extroverted than me. Based on your willingness to hitchhike all over and go to the gym regularly and stuff like that. I wouldn't ever do the hitchhiking thing because I'd be too nervous about what to say to someone, and the gym prospect is scary in several ways. In that personal trainer website program thing I talked about in the Exercise challenge thread, I deliberately picked the "at-home workout" one, not just because of the time/money involved, but also because of the prospect of having to talk to several people about stuff or have all these buff people around looking at a fat slob like me.

wolfy

awsm
:laugh: Yeah, I don't blame ya.

I think in a social sense you seem more extroverted than me. Based on your willingness to hitchhike all over and go to the gym regularly and stuff like that. I wouldn't ever do the hitchhiking thing because I'd be too nervous about what to say to someone, and the gym prospect is scary in several ways. In that personal trainer website program thing I talked about in the Exercise challenge thread, I deliberately picked the "at-home workout" one, not just because of the time/money involved, but also because of the prospect of having to talk to several people about stuff or have all these buff people around looking at a fat slob like me.

I have thought I was extroverted before. I often test smack bang in the middle on the tests and those things you said are true of me.

Here are some ideas on why you seem to come across as extroverted on the forum... I remember when I posted a thread " How many variables do you take in at the super market aisle?" you said " You didn't make an option for zero". It is those sort of comments (and there have been a few) that make you come across as using Se. Also, your dislike of Ni is similar to an ISFP's dislike of Te. It seems you really take pride in not using any sort of intuition.

Basically Se is a raw SP attitude, an introverted SP is supposed to find having a pure SP attitude a little more taxing than the extroverted SP.

If you were going by functions you'd ignore sociability because Se isn't really about being skilled socially, it isn't about connecting and relating to people at all. Se might not be talkative and making heaps of friends all the time but it is definitely "out there" in the external world all the time. You seem to take a kind of pride in not approaching/considering things internally or what might be hidden (especially in regards to N stuff), i'd say that points more towards Se dom than Fi dom.

What he said.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jeffster, with regard to being around crowds of people, socializing, etc.

(A) Are you energized by the experience?

OR

(B) Does it "drain" you, requiring to "re-charge" afterward?

Isn't that the penultimate distinction between E/I?

I know a few people that are Introverts, but social as hell when they are in the midst of a lot of people. A professor of mine is one of them, and when class is done, she runs to the office and disappears in a pile of books and the Internet.

Being an introvert doesn't mean that you can't be social, or expressive, from what I have gathered, and seen IRL.

Wadda' ya' say?

Also, you could be an Ambivert, and hence XSFP, like short'n'sweet. :yes:

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Ok, this is funny, I managed to vote on all four options. :rofl1: