• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Should I be ESFP?

Is Jeffster an ESFP?

• Total voters

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
In this thread shortnsweet, Quinlan, and Blackmail! all listed me as ESFP. Maybe they're right.

Probly not, but it's not like it matters or anything.

I just want attention. As usual.

So, yeah, discuss me because I can't possibly get enough of that!

I'm gonna add a poll.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*chains leg to iron post*
You're not going anywhere buddy :devil:

wolfy

awsm
I just feel you seem to be more expressive than reserved. There also seems to be an overall Se feel to a lot of what you say. Also your overall posting style seems very 'in the moment'.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just feel you seem to be more expressive than reserved. There also seems to be an overall Se feel to a lot of what you say. Also your overall posting style seems very 'in the moment'.

I echo this...

I'm always wondering "where's the Fi?". I see it in other ISFPs here, but Se seems most evident in your postings.

Is it possible you are just a shy ESFP?

Eowyn

MBTI Type
ESfP
Enneagram
ESFP--I just think there should be more of us.:D

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Only if you consider functions when deciding your type. I think your Se is really strong.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISFPs online are either chill or berserk in a fun sort if way. Therefore they either use Fi for chill or Se for being bonkers. It is hard to tell between an ESFP or ISFP based on what we perceive when we are online. A safe bet is that Jeffster is ISFP as what he perceives himself to be is most likely truer than what we perceive of him.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I know nothing about type and stuff, and I've never met you face-to-face, so I should probably shut up. However, allow me to summarize what I've seen and heard from/about you.

You definitely come across as very Se-like. But I've read that introverts show their aux to the world, and their first function is a very deep, personal side. So could it be that you are ISFP, but you always show us your Se side?

I've heard a lot of people comment that your N is well developed. If you were ESFP, that would be highly unlikely, wouldn't it? As I recall, you're in your early 30s, right? So that would mean your tertiary is starting to really come into play, and can we REALLY say that's Te?

Hmm.

Besides, how you come across online can be very different from real life. Only you can really tell if you find interacting with the world around you and acting in the immediate context (not necessarily with people!!!) is exciting or draining for you. Or if you really feel like Se guides you or just helps you out.

What can we conclude? I'm too incompetent to figure it out myself, but those are my impressions. Nothing else other than XSFP - probably a weak i or a weak e.

Besides, we have to be really careful of not treading the slippery slope of folk typology, and rather look at what motivates your thoughts and feelings. :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

And is your posting style not in the moment?

How do you tell expressive via this forum? Is it because I post in a lot of different topics and you post mostly in your own blog?

I voted for EVERYTHING.

Maybe you are ESFP too!

I'm always wondering "where's the Fi?". I see it in other ISFPs here, but Se seems most evident in your postings.

Hmm, interesting. heart said my blog was "totally Fi." Maybe I only show it when I'm being semi-serious?

Is it possible you are just a shy ESFP?

That sounds like a contradiction but I guess according to some theories, it is possible. Some people say your "true self" can be blocked from coming out by certain factors. In my case, I have a father who squelched* all outward expressiveness in a lot of situations when I was a child. He didn't let me sing or tell stories in the car most of the time, for instance. Could I be I was trained to be introverted? But even if so, would it really last when I haven't been under my father's control for 20 years now?

ESFP--I just think there should be more of us.:D

Yeah, I understand. That's part of why I was getting restless as ISFP. Now there's too many on here so I'm not as unique. ;)

* I'm not sure this word actually fits there, but I love the word "squelched." :blush:

wolfy

awsm
Do you like answering questions with questions?

Yes, do you believe you can tell expressive from reserved on a forum?
It is the way you post. A lot of off the cuff remarks. Also I've heard you comment often on how you just do, you seem to be very in the moment. Spontaneous.

R

Riva

ISFP not ESFP.

I don't have a problem talking with friends. With strangers, I'm not so good, but I've gotten better as I've gotten older.

I'm not good at starting conversations, even with friends, but in a scenario like the one you posted I don't think I would have a problem. I'm a great storyteller. :cool:

--------------

No one starts conversations better than I do. No one except for ESFPs. Yes ESFPs are good conversationalists, even better (much better) than entp and if you are a ESFP who has a conversation starting issue even with friends you must be a ESFP with a stone in your throat.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, do you believe you can tell expressive from reserved on a forum?
It is the way you post. A lot of off the cuff remarks. Also I've heard you comment often on how you just do, you seem to be very in the moment. Spontaneous.

So, what are you saying is the difference between my posts and yours? Do you think in advance about your posts? I think spontaneity is a general SP trait, maybe even a general P trait, it doesn't seem to be limited to extraverts.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jeffster, you are fucking awesome, and that's all we need to know.

^^^ Why isn't that a poll option?