User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Jeffster an ESFP?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • YEEEEAHH! ESFP!! HELL YEAHHHHH1! RARWRRR!!

    24 57.14%
  • No, you idiot, you have no social skills, you're ISFP.

    15 35.71%
  • You're actually some other type and a big fat liar.

    7 16.67%
  • Gorgonzola is a cool word.

    27 64.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 73

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    So, you're saying Fi considers "variables" in a supermarket? I'm not following this example, sorry.
    It was more an example of highly valuing Se.

  2. #52
    Senior Member bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    So, what are you saying is the difference between my posts and yours? Do you think in advance about your posts? I think spontaneity is a general SP trait, maybe even a general P trait, it doesn't seem to be limited to extraverts.
    With the caveat that I haven't been around much recently, wolfy and quinlan come across as much calmer than you on this forum. There's a sense that they've processed more internally before they post than you do. And no, I don't have any concrete evidence, it's just gut feel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I think in a social sense you seem more extroverted than me. Based on your willingness to hitchhike all over and go to the gym regularly and stuff like that. I wouldn't ever do the hitchhiking thing because I'd be too nervous about what to say to someone, and the gym prospect is scary in several ways. In that personal trainer website program thing I talked about in the Exercise challenge thread, I deliberately picked the "at-home workout" one, not just because of the time/money involved, but also because of the prospect of having to talk to several people about stuff or have all these buff people around looking at a fat slob like me.
    Social anxiety or shyness can make an extravert seem like an introvert. Not that that's necessarily the case for you, but introverts can be socially confident and fine with talking with people.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

  3. #53
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    It's a distinct possibility, but only you know for sure.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #54
    Dali
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Uhhh..who are you?
    lol. I knew you'd ask this. I joined as OperaLover and my second incarnation was as Mo. Ring a bell?

    I don't think jobs are as linked to functions as you apparently do. And as always I hate the idea that people are assumed to have one set function order by type. Enough evidence to debunk that theory exists just from the people on this forum, much less all the billions of people in the world.
    Of course, but you do agree that certain types gravitate towards certain careers, don't you? Not to say that that locks out other types. Anyway, was just throwing that out there.

  5. #55
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default


  6. #56
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    lol. I knew you'd ask this. I joined as OperaLover and my second incarnation was as Mo. Ring a bell?
    Mooooooooo! Sorry! Why did you change your name to Lohengrin?


    Of course, but you do agree that certain types gravitate towards certain careers, don't you? Not to say that that locks out other types. Anyway, was just throwing that out there.
    Absolutely. In my case, I gravitate toward a career of getting paid to eat cheeseburgers and watch football. For some reason, I haven't been able to find that job available yet, so I'm stuck doing paperwork. It definitely wouldn't be my first choice but I actually have a lot of flexibility and time to goof off. In fact, I've been goofing off way too much lately, I'm starting to get behind again!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  7. #57
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Actually if this is really what you think the difference is (which is what you've been saying in the thread) that might explain some of your confusion.

    "No, you idiot, you have no social skills, you're ISFP. "

  8. #58
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Based on the few IRL interactions, I'd say ISFP. I think you're sociable, and you lack reservation.. but I don't think these qualities alone make you E over I.

    Mainly.. I look for social situations that *eventually* drain you. As if you have to recharge. Generally speaking, I don't see you extremely eager to do extroverted things, but I do see you willing and able.. So, for now, I'm sticking still with ISFP.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  9. #59
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    no patience so just read op but i say...HELLL YEAAAHHHH!!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #60
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    As with any type an ISFP would learn how to improve on his weaknesses. Wouldn't you say it must be an idiot who cannot improve on his weaknesses if he wants to?

    I am confident you're an Introvert. Give it another couple of years and you'll be as extroverted as a 10 year old ESFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Wouldn't you say it's rude to label someone as an idiot, just because they didn't meet some arbitrary standard that exists in your mind, and that they do not measure their own progress against? Subjective value statements are rarely useful, and sometimes impolite.


    What a great pep talk; you should be a life coach.


    Wouldn't you say it's rude to label someone as an idiot, just because they didn't meet some arbitrary standard that exists in your mind, and that they do not measure their own progress against?
    Gosh....

    Man that is not what I meant. I quoted something he said (go back and search for it, it is in this thread)

    in which he says -

    I have issues starting conversations with others.

    To which I said something like -


    It is highly unlikely an esfp would have the same issue since no one makes better conversations than an esfp.

    To which he said something like -

    I do not have that issue anymore. I am improving.

    Then as a reply to that post I wrote that post (which you have qouted) -

    Wouldn't you say it must be an idiot who cannot improve on his weaknesses if he wants to?
    In this post I am trying to imply that it is normal to -

    As with any type an ISFP would learn how to improve on his weaknesses
    And if you cannot improve yourself and meet a certain criteria which you wish to accomplish it must be an idiot.

    I was not callng him an idiot as you thought.

    I was implying that he as an ISFP has improved on an issue (not able to start conversations) rather than he being an ESFP.

    I am confident you're an Introvert. Give it another couple of years and you'll be as extroverted as a 10 year old ESFP
    Extroverts as years go by start to slow down a bit and think more and vise versa.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Should ISTP and ESFP both be SP Artisians grouped within the same temperament or not?
    By RaptorWizard in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-19-2013, 03:53 AM
  2. Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
    By ygolo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 05:00 PM
  3. What should everyone be doing right now?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 02:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO