User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Jeffster an ESFP?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • YEEEEAHH! ESFP!! HELL YEAHHHHH1! RARWRRR!!

24 57.14%
  • No, you idiot, you have no social skills, you're ISFP.

15 35.71%
  • You're actually some other type and a big fat liar.

7 16.67%
  • Gorgonzola is a cool word.

27 64.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    That sounds like a contradiction but I guess according to some theories, it is possible. Some people say your "true self" can be blocked from coming out by certain factors. In my case, I have a father who squelched* all outward expressiveness in a lot of situations when I was a child. He didn't let me sing or tell stories in the car most of the time, for instance. Could I be I was trained to be introverted? But even if so, would it really last when I haven't been under my father's control for 20 years now?
    Well, I was just wondering if it's social anxiety vs. preoccupation with your inner self. Extroverts can be shy, which means they may still need/desire that interaction more than an introvert, but they struggle in social interaction because of fears. Conversely, there are introverts with great social skills who are not shy, but they still prefer their own inner world to interaction.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster
    ...In my case, I have a father who squelched* all outward expressiveness in a lot of situations when I was a child. He didn't let me sing or tell stories in the car most of the time, for instance. Could I be I was trained to be introverted? But even if so, would it really last when I haven't been under my father's control for 20 years now?
    The Parable of the Circus Elephant:
    When baby elephants were sold to/born into a circus, the handlers fitted an ankle cuff (think handcuff) onto one of the little pacyderm's legs. The baby elephant was then attached to a heavy post or other immovable object by a chain that locked onto the ankle cuff on one end, and the post on the other. No matter how hard the baby elephant tried to pull against the chain, he could not break it, and at some point the baby elephant resigns himself to the reality that if the cuff is attached and he is chained to a post, that he cannot walk freely, and he must just sit there and wait to be freed (learned helplessness).

Later in life, even when the baby elephant has matured into a mighty and strong adult, it baffles onlookers that the great animal can be bound to a wooden post with only a rope that is tied to its ankle. Despite the fact that the elephant could easily pull against the rope and break it, it does not, because all its life the only option it has known is to be bound, and not to resist, as doing so never resulted in freedom.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Cut the rope, Jeffster. Be a mighty pachyderm!

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Riva

Good point. I never know what to say to people at first, it usually takes a little time for me to open up. But I feel like I have improved in this area somewhat
    As with any type an ISFP would learn how to improve on his weaknesses. Wouldn't you say it must be an idiot who cannot improve on his weaknesses if he wants to?

I am confident you're an Introvert. Give it another couple of years and you'll be as extroverted as a 10 year old ESFP.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    As with any type an ISFP would learn how to improve on his weaknesses. Wouldn't you say it must be an idiot who cannot improve on his weaknesses if he wants to?
    Wouldn't you say it's rude to label someone as an idiot, just because they didn't meet some arbitrary standard that exists in your mind, and that they do not measure their own progress against? Subjective value statements are rarely useful, and sometimes impolite.

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    I am confident you're an Introvert. Give it another couple of years and you'll be as extroverted as a 10 year old ESFP.
    What a great pep talk; you should be a life coach.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

I myself identify as an IXFX? Why? Because I feel that neither S nor N, nor J nor P, accounts for the way I process information fully. IXFX does. I understand that a lot of people like to stick with the four letters but I personally find it limiting. If you want to stay with one of the main types, go ahead, but you shouldn't feel that it's necessary to choose a preference if both are equally characteristic of you.

If you're unsure, this may also help: Extroversion and introversion - Wikisocion

Do you feel like you have more of a focus on objective characteristics and behaviors or on qualities generated by the interactions between those elements?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I dunno. I think you're introverted, although not as much as I am. :P

Wanting attention doesn't neccesarily have anything to do with being introverted or extraverted. We all seek attention in one way or the other. The extravert is just slightly less concerned about how to get that attention, in general.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

My perception is that you like attention way too much:

So, yeah, discuss me because I can't possibly get enough of that!
    Most I's (all?) I know don't particularly like a lot of sustained attention.

But you'd be Se primary, so you'd have to really notice everything.

I also personally feel like anyone that frequents Vent on a regular basis, might be an extravert. Just sayin.......
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Dali

I've been pretty much telling you that that was my perception of you from the first week i joined the forum all those many moons ago.

That said, its teh intrehnets. If you insist you're ISFP, I believe you. People's often express themselves differently (to various degrees) offline than they do online.

Online though, you come off as a flaming ESFP, brah. Also, consider your Ni-thread where it took you a bit of time to grasp what it was and the fact that you're in a Te-heavy profession (I remember you mentioning something in your blog regarding a management position in a fast-food franchise and the your JD sounded like a Te-dom's wet dream. :P). Keeps pointing to Se>Fi>Te>Ni rather than Fi>Se>Ni>Te...

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    an introverted SP is supposed to find having a pure SP attitude a little more taxing than the extroverted SP.
    According to who?

If you were going by functions you'd ignore sociability because Se isn't really about being skilled socially, it isn't about connecting and relating to people at all. Se might not be talkative and making heaps of friends all the time but it is definitely "out there" in the external world all the time. You seem to take a kind of pride in not approaching/considering things internally or what might be hidden (especially in regards to N stuff), i'd say that points more towards Se dom than Fi dom.
    I consider things internally all the time. Not hidden stuff, you're right, but considering my actions, my priorities, my values. And when I take those "cognitive processes" tests, "Fi" almost always comes in with the highest score, with "Se" second.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Here are some ideas on why you seem to come across as extroverted on the forum... I remember when I posted a thread " How many variables do you take in at the super market aisle?" you said " You didn't make an option for zero". It is those sort of comments (and there have been a few) that make you come across as using Se. Also, your dislike of Ni is similar to an ISFP's dislike of Te. It seems you really take pride in not using any sort of intuition.
    So, you're saying Fi considers "variables" in a supermarket? I'm not following this example, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Jeffster, with regard to being around crowds of people, socializing, etc.

(A) Are you energized by the experience?

OR

(B) Does it "drain" you, requiring to "re-charge" afterward?

Isn't that the penultimate distinction between E/I?
    The answer is both. But - I am more energized by a small audience of people than a large one. And in an online environment, where physically I am simply sitting in front of my computer and can log off of something anytime, I enjoy a "crowd" in the sense of several people that can be entertained by me at the same time, such as Ventrilo chats where I would stay up til 4am feeding off the energy of the responses I got from other people in chat. I would likely never do that at an in-person gathering, as I tend to do a lot more listening than talking in person and grow tired of the same environment much quicker.

That's why I think all the communication that is now possible with the internet complicates the traditional I/E view, as you kind of have people that would fit the traditional views of introvert in person, but seem to "come alive" in the right environment, which online communication makes possible much more often.

could be an Ambivert, and hence XSFP, like short'n'sweet.
    See, shortnsweet tells many tales of social exploits I would never get involved in, I don't have much doubt that she's extroverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Internet extravert.
    Yeah, kinda what I was saying above. We almost need new categories for today's age.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Well, I was just wondering if it's social anxiety vs. preoccupation with your inner self. Extroverts can be shy, which means they may still need/desire that interaction more than an introvert, but they struggle in social interaction because of fears. Conversely, there are introverts with great social skills who are not shy, but they still prefer their own inner world to interaction.
    Hmmm. I think as a child and young adult, I would definitely say I had a "preoccupation with my inner self." But I think I matured and through life experience realized that was largely a waste of time. Not that it's a waste of time to evaluate your own principles or your actions to try to improve things, but not to be so occupied by it that you lose touch with the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Cut the rope, Jeffster. Be a mighty pachyderm!
    I feel like that sometimes, but then my laziness takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by jackandthebeast View Post
    I myself identify as an IXFX? Why? Because I feel that neither S nor N, nor J nor P, accounts for the way I process information fully. IXFX does. I understand that a lot of people like to stick with the four letters but I personally find it limiting. If you want to stay with one of the main types, go ahead, but you shouldn't feel that it's necessary to choose a preference if both are equally characteristic of you.
    I agree with you about limiting. That's one of the reasons I prefer David Keirsey's temperament theory, because he talks about us all being capable of thinking, feeling, etc, but more naturally suited to certain "intelligent roles" and all possessing second, third, fourth, etc suits that we can still call on, just with more effort required.

re unsure, this may also help: Extroversion and introversion - Wikisocion

Do you feel like you have more of a focus on objective characteristics and behaviors or on qualities generated by the interactions between those elements?
    The second one, definitely. And about 85-90 percent of the differences outlined in that link, I fit with the introvert side for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    My perception is that you like attention way too much:

Most I's (all?) I know don't particularly like a lot of sustained attention.

But you'd be Se primary, so you'd have to really notice everything.

I also personally feel like anyone that frequents Vent on a regular basis, might be an extravert. Just sayin.......
    Heh. You mean the ones that actually talk or the people that log on and just sit there not saying anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    I've been pretty much telling you that that was my perception of you from the first week i joined the forum all those many moons ago.
    Uhhh..who are you?

id, its teh intrehnets. If you insist you're ISFP, I believe you. People's often express themselves differently (to various degrees) offline than they do online.

Online though, you come off as a flaming ESFP, brah. Also, consider your Ni-thread where it took you a bit of time to grasp what it was and the fact that you're in a Te-heavy profession (I remember you mentioning something in your blog regarding a management position in a fast-food franchise and the your JD sounded like a Te-dom's wet dream. :P). Keeps pointing to Se>Fi>Te>Ni rather than Fi>Se>Ni>Te...
    I don't think jobs are as linked to functions as you apparently do. And as always I hate the idea that people are assumed to have one set function order by type. Enough evidence to debunk that theory exists just from the people on this forum, much less all the billions of people in the world.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    According to who?
    The voices in my head.

Basically all SPs share Se but Se is an extroverted function, it should require a little more effort for an introvert to use it than an extrovert.

Of course this depends on function orders and you don't like function orders so pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations