• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Should I be ESFP?

Is Jeffster an ESFP?

• Total voters
R

Riva

In case you would try to pin down the fact that i said, not being able to start conversations with friends as a weakness he needs to improve upon -

Good point. I never know what to say to people at first, it usually takes a little time for me to open up. But I feel like I have improved in this area somewhat

Will prove that I am not the only one who shares that feeling.

----------------------------------------------------------------

It should also be mentioned that I wasn't implying in this thread that having not being able to start a conversation with a friend as a weakness, but was trying to say -

"You will overcome your weaknesses as time goes by. Unless you are an idiot."

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Based on the few IRL interactions, I'd say ISFP. I think you're sociable, and you lack reservation.. but I don't think these qualities alone make you E over I.

Cool, I was hoping one of the four members of this forum that's actually met me in person would chime in. :)

Mainly.. I look for social situations that *eventually* drain you. As if you have to recharge. Generally speaking, I don't see you extremely eager to do extroverted things, but I do see you willing and able.. So, for now, I'm sticking still with ISFP.

So, what are some examples of "extroverted things?"

"You will overcome your weaknesses as time goes by. Unless you are an idiot."

Curzon, I didn't think you were calling me an idiot. I understood your point and I think it's probably largely accurate. A little while back, I did an audio blog thingy where I talked about how the "Composer" role fits me best but "Performer" is a definitely strong second suit that has developed/improved over time.

I felt like a name change and selected my current one from a character in a Wagner opera which I like listening to.

Ah. I don't like it. Change it back.

;)

R

Riva

Curzon, I didn't think you were calling me an idiot. I understood your point and I think it's probably largely accurate.

Thank you.

------------------

"Composer" role fits me best but "Performer" is a definitely strong second suit that has developed/improved over time.

Yes as I said earlier as people mature (I am not talking about age here though age is a main factor), people start to balance. Thereby introverts would be more extroverted and extroverts would be more introverted.

-------------------

I have couple of ISFP acquaintances I 1st typed as ESFPs, but later realized they were simply extroverted introverts. :newwink:

KDude

interesting jeffster...

"whatever" was talking with me about Se dominant in pm...told me to take a cognitive functions test, and i got esfp. i've gotten esfp in socionics too. yet once again, i'm unclear on my type :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So what is your conclusion, Jeffster? ESFP or ISFP?

B

brainheart

you've always struck me as more dominant perceiver but what the hell do I know?

B

brainheart

which:

- I have a need for immediate hands-on experience to feel in contact with life. Life is, after all, right now. I prefer situations that change often enough to hold my attention.

- I have a need to live a life of purpose, do something meaningful and good. I expect great things from myself, from my life. It can get a little lonely sometimes, because I know most people don't think like this.

- I live my life according to my inner priorities. What matters to me is what I know about. I can't learn and acquire enough when it comes to the things I love. And the things I love are fairly limited.

EDIT: let me know when you figure this out because whatever you are is what my husband his. Just looked at your blog and then looked at his blog and i had a difficult time distinguishing between the two. It really is uncanny the similarities.

And then you can tell me what I am, just for kicks!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
So, I took the actual official MBTI today, and the result was ESFP.

Not surprisingly, the "E" preference was "slight." S was "moderate", F "very clear" and P "very clear."

So, I'm still keeping the "e" lowercase. ;)

I'll probably do another video about this soon, so stay tuned!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gorgonzola is a cool word.