User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Jeffster an ESFP?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • YEEEEAHH! ESFP!! HELL YEAHHHHH1! RARWRRR!!

24 57.14%
  • No, you idiot, you have no social skills, you're ISFP.

15 35.71%
  • You're actually some other type and a big fat liar.

7 16.67%
  • Gorgonzola is a cool word.

27 64.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Yum! Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by NewEra View Post
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I voted esfp just so I could roar.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    You still haven't told me what the difference is, though. You never answered my questions about how your posts are different than mine as far as "off the cuff" or being spontaneous. I mean, I thought your posts were the same, but if they're not, that's fine, but explain it to me.
    It is just an overall feeling that though we are similar in temperament you are more extroverted. Clear as mud?

I don't want to get stuck sifting through examples.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

How do you determine that?

So same question as Quinlan, then. How do I come across as "Se-like?" What is a "Se side" to you?
    Basically Se is a raw SP attitude, an introverted SP is supposed to find having a pure SP attitude a little more taxing than the extroverted SP.

If you were going by functions you'd ignore sociability because Se isn't really about being skilled socially, it isn't about connecting and relating to people at all. Se might not be talkative and making heaps of friends all the time but it is definitely "out there" in the external world all the time. You seem to take a kind of pride in not approaching/considering things internally or what might be hidden (especially in regards to N stuff), i'd say that points more towards Se dom than Fi dom.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hmm, interesting. Yes, this is the problem with these various systems all being glomped together. It's possible by Jung's original definitions I could be an extravert, but by the developed definition of a social extrovert I'm not.

I remember Jack Flak's alternate type/function stuff and it was interesting that he said ISFPs still lead with sensing, despite being attentive types. This would seem to describe me best, actually. An attentive sensing type with strong feeling.

Or something like that.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    I voted esfp just so I could roar.
    Well, that's understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It is just an overall feeling that though we are similar in temperament you are more extroverted. Clear as mud?

I don't want to get stuck sifting through examples.
    Yeah, I don't blame ya.

I think in a social sense you seem more extroverted than me. Based on your willingness to hitchhike all over and go to the gym regularly and stuff like that. I wouldn't ever do the hitchhiking thing because I'd be too nervous about what to say to someone, and the gym prospect is scary in several ways. In that personal trainer website program thing I talked about in the Exercise challenge thread, I deliberately picked the "at-home workout" one, not just because of the time/money involved, but also because of the prospect of having to talk to several people about stuff or have all these buff people around looking at a fat slob like me.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Yeah, I don't blame ya.

I think in a social sense you seem more extroverted than me. Based on your willingness to hitchhike all over and go to the gym regularly and stuff like that. I wouldn't ever do the hitchhiking thing because I'd be too nervous about what to say to someone, and the gym prospect is scary in several ways. In that personal trainer website program thing I talked about in the Exercise challenge thread, I deliberately picked the "at-home workout" one, not just because of the time/money involved, but also because of the prospect of having to talk to several people about stuff or have all these buff people around looking at a fat slob like me.
    I have thought I was extroverted before. I often test smack bang in the middle on the tests and those things you said are true of me.

Here are some ideas on why you seem to come across as extroverted on the forum... I remember when I posted a thread " How many variables do you take in at the super market aisle?" you said " You didn't make an option for zero". It is those sort of comments (and there have been a few) that make you come across as using Se. Also, your dislike of Ni is similar to an ISFP's dislike of Te. It seems you really take pride in not using any sort of intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Basically Se is a raw SP attitude, an introverted SP is supposed to find having a pure SP attitude a little more taxing than the extroverted SP.

If you were going by functions you'd ignore sociability because Se isn't really about being skilled socially, it isn't about connecting and relating to people at all. Se might not be talkative and making heaps of friends all the time but it is definitely "out there" in the external world all the time. You seem to take a kind of pride in not approaching/considering things internally or what might be hidden (especially in regards to N stuff), i'd say that points more towards Se dom than Fi dom.
    What he said.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Jeffster, with regard to being around crowds of people, socializing, etc.

(A) Are you energized by the experience?

OR

(B) Does it "drain" you, requiring to "re-charge" afterward?

Isn't that the penultimate distinction between E/I?

I know a few people that are Introverts, but social as hell when they are in the midst of a lot of people. A professor of mine is one of them, and when class is done, she runs to the office and disappears in a pile of books and the Internet.

Being an introvert doesn't mean that you can't be social, or expressive, from what I have gathered, and seen IRL.

Wadda' ya' say?

Also, you could be an Ambivert, and hence XSFP, like short'n'sweet.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp

Ok, this is funny, I managed to vote on all four options.
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Internet extravert.