User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Jeffster an ESFP?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • YEEEEAHH! ESFP!! HELL YEAHHHHH1! RARWRRR!!

24 57.14%
  • No, you idiot, you have no social skills, you're ISFP.

15 35.71%
  • You're actually some other type and a big fat liar.

7 16.67%
  • Gorgonzola is a cool word.

27 64.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I get the feeling this is a "I'm an ISFP you fools, what is wrong with you??" thread.

I voted ESFP because I get that vibe. Keeping it all very scientific.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I get the feeling this is a "I'm an ISFP you fools, what is wrong with you??" thread.

That is the kind of vibe I get too. It is similar to the Ni thread you started earlier.

I don't think that you believe you can tell the difference between expressive and reserved on a forum, that is fine, you probably can't. But it is not fine to start a thread asking about type when you don't even feel that aspect is measurable on a forum.

It seems you are pissed at people calling you out as another type. If you think you are isfp then that is that.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Only if you consider functions when deciding your type. I think your Se is really strong.
    How do you determine that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    It is hard to tell between an ESFP or ISFP based on what we perceive when we are online. A safe bet is that Jeffster is ISFP as what he perceives himself to be is most likely truer than what we perceive of him.
    Good point. And the last time we did a thread on my type, the only members who had met me in person all said I'm an I.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Well, I know nothing about type and stuff, and I've never met you face-to-face, so I should probably shut up.
    But we both know THAT isn't gonna happen.

You definitely come across as very Se-like. But I've read that introverts show their aux to the world, and their first function is a very deep, personal side. So could it be that you are ISFP, but you always show us your Se side?
    So same question as Quinlan, then. How do I come across as "Se-like?" What is a "Se side" to you?

I've heard a lot of people comment that your N is well developed. If you were ESFP, that would be highly unlikely, wouldn't it? As I recall, you're in your early 30s, right? So that would mean your tertiary is starting to really come into play, and can we REALLY say that's Te?
    And then others like simulatedworld say I'm the least intuitive member of the forum. So, it really depends on who you ask, eh? How do you tell if "N is well developed?" Yes I am in my early 30's. I am fairly confident my tertiary is actually Si. That seems to be my 3rd most used function, and the one I developed quite a bit in the last several years.

Hmm.
    Excellent point.

Besides, how you come across online can be very different from real life. Only you can really tell if you find interacting with the world around you and acting in the immediate context (not necessarily with people!!!) is exciting or draining for you. Or if you really feel like Se guides you or just helps you out.
    True. I have one "online friend" that I've talked to about mostly music and politics for the last eight years or so, and when I showed him an online description of the SP temperament, he said it didn't sound like me at all. "You? Hedonistic? Really? You always seem so calm and conservative."

What can we conclude? I'm too incompetent to figure it out myself, but those are my impressions. Nothing else other than XSFP - probably a weak i or a weak e.
    Yes, I am pretty weak. I can't even lift my son into his bed anymore!

Besides, we have to be really careful of not treading the slippery slope of folk typology, and rather look at what motivates your thoughts and feelings.
    I enjoy the slippery slope of folk typology very much, it's fun to do belly-flops off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    if you are a ESFP who has a conversation starting issue even with friends you must be a ESFP with a stone in your throat.
    Good point. I never know what to say to people at first, it usually takes a little time for me to open up. But I feel like I have improved in this area somewhat.

Jeffster, you are fucking awesome, and that's all we need to know.

^^^ Why isn't that a poll option?
    Because everybody already knows that. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Apparently he wants to know what type he is (whether he is an ESFP) not whether you think he is fucking awesome.
    INTUITION FAIL

There go you NFs seeing hidden meanings that aren't there again. This is a "Jeffster wants attention" thread, I said that in the first post!

Good. Because if there's one thing I require in discussions, it's hard science.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    There go you NFs seeing hidden meanings that aren't there again. This is a "Jeffster wants attention" thread, I said that in the first post!
    This quote sounds exactly like an ESFP I know.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I don't think that you believe you can tell the difference between expressive and reserved on a forum, that is fine, you probably can't. But it is not fine to start a thread asking about type when you don't even feel that aspect is measurable on a forum.

It seems you are pissed at people calling you out as another type. If you think you are isfp then that is that.
    You tryin to be a party pooper?

I'm not pissed about anything, I said in the opening post it doesn't even matter. I don't know whether you can tell the difference on a forum, but I'm always curious to know what other people think. I think your "Ni" is betraying you. I've told you before you should ignore it like I do.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Just sayin'.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    You tryin to be a party pooper?

I'm not pissed about anything, I said in the opening post it doesn't even matter. I don't know whether you can tell the difference on a forum, but I'm always curious to know what other people think. I think your "Ni" is betraying you. I've told you before you should ignore it like I do.
    Fair enough.
    You seem expressive on the forum but that is all I can say. I think you come across as more expressive than me and the other isfp. Maybe you can start another thread and poll and see. Save that idea for later.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Na-nanny-boo-boo, I entered your SP thread and told you guys how cool you are!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This quote sounds exactly like an ESFP I know.
    That's just the kind of hard science I'm looking for!

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Just sayin'.
    That's the most concise and thoughtful post in this thread by FAR.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Fair enough.
    You seem expressive on the forum but that is all I can say. I think you come across as more expressive than me and the other isfp. Maybe you can start another thread and poll and see. Save that idea for later.
    You still haven't told me what the difference is, though. You never answered my questions about how your posts are different than mine as far as "off the cuff" or being spontaneous. I mean, I thought your posts were the same, but if they're not, that's fine, but explain it to me.

MBTI
    I