• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stuck at typing a very good friend.....

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, this is another of these threads. Sorry if it's annoying......
But I have really been thinking about that for a while, and I just can't figure out
her type.....

I met her in uni, and we immediately connected. I had the feeling of having me a soulmate.

- She can appear a little arrogant if you don't know her, but I think this is due to some social insecurity
- She is the most intelligent person I know. Really really creative, comes up with a lot of ideas, really future-oriented and connecting things all the time
- If you talk with her about your problems, she is always looking for some good implications....this is a wonderful gift, I think. she is so creative with finding good implications (I thought this must be Ni....)
- She is really good in abstract thinking. She has studies dramatics and english, and her papers were always highly theoretical and innovative; connecting a lot of ideas
- She likes to plan things in advance
- She enjoys things that are funny in a "strange" way....don't know how to explain this..... e.g. the British comedy "The Mighty Boosh" might be a good example of her kind of humour
- She is pretty talkative, if she knows you she talks about her problems etc. freely without waiting for the other person to ask much
- She can be very enthusiastic. I'd say she is very passionate about everything, positively or negatively
- She is really a perfectionist
- In general, she seems to be a very balanced person. However, she can also "explode" and have a temper...especially when her basic mood is not the best.....
- She is really indecisive. She explained her reasons: She wants to get the best of life in every moment, to make the best decision....I mean...that's probably what everyone thinks who is indecisive :)....
- she has only a few close friends
- recently she has started things like enjoying cooking, knitting etc :)....
- she's really into pets..... recently into micropigs :)
- she is not very traditional, and very liberal in her values, e.g. concerning homosexual marriage, and tolerance is an important value she would want to pass on to her children (hypothetically)
- when meeting her with my bf, she was really trying to initiate much of the conversation, to make everyone comfortable

ah, can't think of anything else at the moment..... the thing is, I actually was sure that she is an INFJ like myself....but...maybe this was just because I thought we get along so well.......then I thought she could be any other NF, but recently I have come to think that she could easily be an INTJ........

what do you think?

magil

MBTI Type
EXFP
I think she sounds a lot like an E . .P when I was reading it but I guess I might not be being objective either :p

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Halfjillhalfjack said:
If you talk with her about your problems, she is always looking for some good implications....this is a wonderful gift, I think. she is so creative with finding good implications (I thought this must be Ni....)

Could you elaborate on these "implications"? Like, what kind of implications? Could you give an example?

You talk a lot about your friend being able to connect ideas... As you're a Ni user, is her thought process familiar to you, or do you have a feeling that "something like this could never occur to you"?

From your description I'm leaning towards INTJ or INFP (bias :D ), but honestly from what you wrote she could be any kind of an N.

MBTI Type
INFJ
I just wanted to report that I asked her to do this test Personality Test
....and her results were:

Ta-dah, your personality type is INTJ!
Introverted (I) 79% Extraverted (E) 21%
Intuitive (N) 77% Sensing (S) 23%
Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%
Judging (J) 64% Perceiving (P) 36%

But she also said that on another day she might have answered differently, and that there were only 2 questions which she could have answered immediately without too much thinking.....
mh.....what do you think? I am now stuck between INFJ and INTJ, even though I do see the possibility that she might be an INFP or INTP....I am rather confident about the IN-part by now.....

MBTI Type
INFJ
Could you elaborate on these "implications"? Like, what kind of implications? Could you give an example?

You talk a lot about your friend being able to connect ideas... As you're a Ni user, is her thought process familiar to you, or do you have a feeling that "something like this could never occur to you"?

From your description I'm leaning towards INTJ or INFP (bias :D ), but honestly from what you wrote she could be any kind of an N.

I guess what I mean by implications I mean that she looks at things from different perspectives, finding positive things in even really bad problems.... but not just saying "it will be alright", but really finding plausible good things about a problem.....don't know how to describe it..... I think this might be a good use of Ni, and I think I could also be doing this often, but she really exceeds me in that by far.....so....don't know....maybe it's Ne after all?