123 Last

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -

Default Introspective Introvert is What? >__>

**Note: Please read title as "INTUITIVE Introvert".
    I am a little bad at this.

I tested as an INFP when I was 9 years old. Since then, I have understood the test, and almost always gotten the same answer out of it, perhaps because of my preconceived notion of my personality type. But after more recently reading the type description, and analyzing myself, I am not so sure.

I am almost completely certain that I am an Introverted and an iNtuitive. I used to function more as an Extrovert when I was younger, but I am fairly certain that I prefer to get my energy from being alone.
    Also, having grown up in a family that strongly favored N-ness, I, much to my chagrin, cannot function as an S at all. >___<

Here are some of my traits-
    F/T
    • I am EXTREMELY sensitive (almost anything can make me cry)
    • I care a lot about other people.
    • I try to make everyone feel comfortable
    • People usually see me as being very sweet and friendly

HOWEVER
    • I am COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS to how people are feeling and am a TERRIBLE judge of character (E.g. my thought process - he is smiling so he must be happy.)
    • I don't usually pick up on social norms
    • I cannot write at all, I cannot evoke emotion through my writing, I cannot express myself through words. The only writing I enjoy is science fiction, and I am harshly judged for my lack of explanation in character emotions.
    • I prioritize logic largely over emotion, rarely even factor feeling into the equation
    • I am a strong math student, and prefer math to writing and literature.
    • I also enjoy science, almost anything that can be explained logically and has an exact equation and answer.
    • I look up random facts constantly, just for the sake of knowing. (This could also be a J trait.)

So what am I? A logical F? A sensitive T?

P/J
    • I enjoy hanging out with people spontaneously, (when it fits into my schedule.)
    • I prefer having made a decision than before
    • I like keeping my schedule open
    • I work better with deadlines
    • It doesn't take much to change my opinion about something.

HOWEVER
    • I love to plan things and write them on my calendar and I hate it when things don't go according to plan
    • I get stressed out when I am late
    • I get extremely stressed when people show up unexpected or there is a drastic change in a plan
    • I am adaptable on occasion but feel very disturbed if something unexpected happens (e.g. people show up at my house without warning)
    • when I focus, I really focus
    • I make so many lists every day, constantly organizing
    • I ENJOY organizing and cleaning
    • I come off as a "know it all" sometimes, without meaning to.

I can relate to the descriptions of INFP, INFJ, INTP, and INTJ, but none of them stand out strongly to me. I really want to know who/what I am, to better understand myself and others.

Maybe I am none of these? Could I be an E?

Also, although I am far from it, if I could be any type, I would be an ISFP. If someone could teach me this, I'd be eternally grateful. Is it possible to intentionally change your type?
    Living is never a waste of time.

MBTI
    INTP

The N stands for intuitive, not introspective (which is just another word for introverted). Maybe you just mixed up the words and do understand the concepts, but here's a description of S vs. N:

My MBTI Personality Type - MBTI Basics - Sensing or Intuition

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -

I'm bad at life. >____<

I originally knew the difference but confused them this morning, thank you for pointing that out.

MBTI
    INTJ

I vote INFJ, just for the heck of it.

Actually, I think it's more likely that you're Ni dominant than Fi dominant based on your description. But, I'm wrong a lot.

Everyone has all the traits, just in different strengths, so it's pretty normal to identify with multiple descriptions.

MBTI
    CAT

Based on what you wrote I'm guessing NT over NF (if you really don't have a clue what people feel or express emotions through your writing, I think it's quite a strong indicator), but that's about all I can say

Edit: INTJ is my first guess.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

INTJ, for sure. Intuitiveness stands out pretty well. There was the odd trait you listed that had little to do with MBTI etc.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

From your self description, you sound like an INTJ... but somehow the whole feel of your post doesn't seem very INTJ to me.

I don't know. I'm bad at typing people >_<

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    From your self description, you sound like an INTJ... but somehow the whole feel of your post doesn't seem very INTJ to me.

I don't know. I'm bad at typing people >_<
    That was what I thought too...
    For once, I'll go with my gut feelings and say INFP. I see Fi and Te, maybe it's the Te that makes you enjoy planning. Fi seems preferred over Te.
    Not being able to express your feeling on paper doesn't mean you don't prefer to use Fi, maybe it's just not that strong and typing isn't about how strong you are on functions, but what you prefer and enjoy using.

Edit: In hindsight, it's pretty weird for a type to enjoy using an inferior function, but my personal experiences tells me that I do enjoy using Ne. So....
    Everyone is unique. ...Just like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Video Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

She (assuming Caligula= female) seems to enjoy organising things and finding facts/knowledge and working with systems (like equations) a lot more than she seems to enjoy writing her feelings down on paper.

Also note that thinkers have a tendency to write things in terms of pros and cons, or in lists, exactly like that written in the opening post. It's also quite all over the place, but organized spontaneously.

Caligula, did you actually plan the structure of your opening post? Or did you just do whatever made sense at the time? Might be an INTP here. Well, definitely introverted, and definitely thinking, quite probably intuitive (I'll take your word for it), and wtf knows J/P but there's plenty of threads pointing out the details.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    xxxx
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -

I am indeed female.

And yes, I planned this post, I actually began thinking about it the night before and going over it in my head before posting it.

As a weird side note: My friend thinks I am a severely confused ISTJ who has some feeling of obligation to be intuitive from my family and now can't shake the idea. I'm not sure if the idea scares me or interests me, I might have to do some research.